AT&T Rebait Program / mail fraud, wire fraud, bait and switch

1 Tampa, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8138319943

The rebate card came with a $100.00 credit on it supposedly I say supposedly because the card has been declined at every retailer except the first one a Chinese resturant. It you go to the web site however for the rebate program they say the card is good and still has $78.00 on it. I read the instructions completely that came with the card (highly restrictive) and figured well mabe the merchants are doing something wrong. So I went back to the same resturant a week later and charged a meal for the same ammount $21.40 with a $78. balance still showing on the card at the rebate web site and no holds, and guess what not it will not go through. I have read complaint after complaint essencially the same. This Wirefraud! and every one affected should complain to the United States Postal Service because these people are using the U.S. Mail to defraud us. You should also complain to the Federal Trade Commission you can do it online and it is easy, also visa and mastercard because their logos are being used. This is definately a scam to keep your money that they promissed and is a clear breach of contract they signed with you.

Me

Comments

Ry
  26th of Feb, 2009

Consider yourself lucky for having even received the rebate card! I purchased a Blackberry 8310 on 7/25/08. At that time, the $100.00 rebate was being offered. Naturally, I completed the rebate form, attached the original purchased equipment receipt and also included the proof of purchase from the equipment box. Lo and behold, SEVEN months later, I have yet to receive said rebate. I have had about 20 different conversations with different "supervisors", customer service reps and collections reps regarding this issue and NONE have stepped up to help a customer with an obvious issue that would be easily remedied by crediting my account for the amount in question. As of this afternoon, I have been told that regardless of the status of my previously sent rebate forms, the rebate is now EXPIRED! As of January, I purposely left a balance of $100.00 on my account and I am refusing payment to AT&T until they rectify the rebate situation. I have been told two stories on the rebate, one story says that the rebate company is not even AT&T which would be a clear case of false advertising on a national level. The other says, that the rebate department is in another location from any of the other departments and that they are working on a completely separate platform and no one is able to credit my account. I have repeatedly addressed this issue with AT&T and offered the following under the assumption that they have any and all necessary information on file to help a customer.
1. Locate my receipt for proof of purchase of the equipment in question.
2. Verify that the equipment was, in fact, eligible fora rebate at the time of purchase.
3. Cross check my account payments for any credit being applied from the card.
4. WHEN they see I have not applied this credit, they should then apply a little common sense (near impossible for AT&T reps) and see that the right thing to do here would be to credit my account.
As of today, I have been threatened with interruption of service if I do not immediately make payment for the outstanding amount on my account, DESPITE the fact that I have paid every other part of my bill since taking this step.