AT&T Phone And Internet / repair and irresponcibility

I have been fighting with the AT&T people for two months to get my phone and internet service fixed. No dial tone, static on the line and no one will help me but to give lip service and broken promises that the problem will be fixxed. Three times they said they turned over a work order to Verizon for service but Verizon has no record of it . Each time I call, I`m told the problem has been resolved. Every person I talk to will not take responsibility and endeavors to pass me off to someone else. Even when I ask to talk to a supervisor I am passed off to two other operators who say the last person must have hit the wrong button. When I do get to talk to a supervisor, I ask to get an address for their complaint dept and he gives me a bogus address and a bogus fax number as well. I tried to fax a complaint and a girl in north N.J. called me back saying that I called her cell phone and she has nothing to do with ATT.
The supervisor`s name was Victor, he refused to give his last name . The battle continues. I know ATT will never read this cause most of their operators can`t speak fluent english , much less read it. 12/11/07

Ch

Comments

• Ra
      11th of Dec, 2007

I am in week two without phone service (home) and living through the identical problem listed above. I consider myself reasonably intellegent and resourceful, but this issue has me as frustrated as I've ever been. I too have spoken with Victor twice and to several service support people in India- only to be told "they are overwhelmed" and "the problem is beeing reviewed". We've used over 4 hours of cell phone minutes- 21/2 hours with at&t customer service. This problem has me worried for the first time in my adult life. I would like to communicate with others experiencing similar problems.

19th of Dec, 2007

I requested a copy of my January-June 2006 statements back on August 28th, 2007; and to this day I have yet to receive the reprints. I have called by different unit managers telling me that the order for the reprints were put in and that I'd have them 3-10 business days. Well, like I said, to this day I have not received them. I've been a customer with AT & T since 1997, and I don't think that a loyal customer should be treated this way. I would like to know if there is anyway I could get my reprints before the year is out (which would be next week)?

• Am
      10th of Nov, 2008

had bought a Go phone last month and had activated the same on 13th October 2008, I got the phone + gophone card of 50$ value with 10$ bonus for the activations in that period. Eventually i got a nice deal with 60$ time.

After I recharged the phone, I started noticing the problems while speaking on the refurbished Nokia 2610. It was a bad instrument as I was not able to hear the other person clearly on this phone ; and since here you usually buy the phone + connection together, by the time i realised the phone was bad i consumed 1.5$. To cover up for the business I spoke to T-mobile and ordered a new connection, as poor connection causes me a loss in my business.

I was pretty sure that this money was to be returned by AT&T (barring the 1.5$ which i had consumed so far); I called up customer care and they spoke so redely to me and said that the talktime cannot be returned.

Reason why i had to go through the pain of ordering a new connection is due to the phone which was promoted by AT&T and evenually I could not use my talktime with this phone. Please suggest as I am searching for the appropriate consumer forum to help me here.
    All I paid was 40$ plus 3 $ taxes and I want this 43$ back., because of this bad instrument or whatever reason (may be the TA&T) connection at Arizona; I have still not been able to use the talktime which is valid till 11th January 2009.

I am raising this concern with other consumer forums as well,
    All i want is my basic money to be returned.

My AT&T no is : 480-399-5642
    Order Number: 5257093798

Thanks
    Amit Khurana

25th of Feb, 2011

I am having similar problems transferring my phone and internet svc as well I am on week 3 and ust told that they do see a problem but if they send a technician it will be $55 for first 15 minutes...i wil be calling their complaint# tomorrow 877-377-0415...wish me luck

25th of Feb, 2011

At&t needs training on customer service