AT&T / charged me for a modem I didn't purchase and will not return my money

4444 E. Ave. R #116Palmdale, CA, United States Review updated:
4.5
Phone: 661-533-0013
They need to stop ripping people off & give me the money they owe me & countless others. I think a class action suit is due! Blue collar crime has gotten by with a slap on the wrist for too long .They rip people off for millions of dollars .never pay the peole back & never have to do a day in jail while the guy who has to steal a loaf of bread to feed his family has to do a year in jail I think it's time for the people to get their fair share!

Comments

Do
  27th of Oct, 2008
I started out having same problem. To get to the att website, follow your instructions, however, don't use the lower search engines, use the one at the top. That should work.
Te
  3rd of Nov, 2008
att is charging me 4 a modem and i sent the modem back already
Sa
  3rd of Nov, 2008
I have had nothing but trouble with my inter net since I recieved it two weeks ago I have tried to go to my rewards to get my $50 dollar rebate visa and a$50 dollar check it only let me redeem the check to my account no visa now my computer says att reward center dose not egzist.
La
  7th of Nov, 2008
They send me literature all the time about att.com/rewardcenter and when I try to get it on the web it won't let me. There is no such site as best that I can tell!
De
  7th of Nov, 2008
I would like to redeem my rewards.
Ri
  8th of Nov, 2008
I have tried to get the rewards offered to me for a bundle package. There is no such place. In the meantime the phone installation was a night mare. Nothing has come of my attempting to receive my reward. Instead of a check in the mail, I get none existent website and no one to anwer phones.
Mi
  9th of Nov, 2008
AT&T DOES NOT OFFER MUCH IN THE WAY OF CUSTOMER SERVICE.THEY GET YOU TO SIGN UP FOR THEIR SERVICES BUT, ...THEY DONT GIVE YOU WHAT YOU PAID FOR!HALF OF THE TIME MY VERY EXSPENSIVE ENTERNET SERVICE IS DOWN OR SOOO SLOW !HOW ABOUT A REBATE ON THAT?!!!
Ag
  11th of Nov, 2008
AT&T is not real. 2 years ago they got me out of almost $300 dollars, I try to get it back, but no way, those guys are there to get us. My problem now is the $50 rewards rebate visa card that I was suppose to redeem from at&t.com/reward center still cannot get it.But I got a plan for you at&t. I will subtract my $50 rewards from this month bill, they will get $58.61cents. Thank you AT&T.
Ba
  12th of Nov, 2008
recieved my post card in the mail cannot get on to get my reward for ordering u verse
Ho
  12th of Nov, 2008
ATT IS A COMPLETE NIGHTMARE TO SWITCH OVER TO. I CAN'T STAND THESE STUPID IDIOT TECH SUPPORT PEOPLE, ALL THEY SAY IS I AM SORRY, STAY CALM AND I WILL FIX THE PROBLEM FOR YOU.

IT HAS NEVER BEEN FIXED! horrible support people from who knows where, poor english.

I HAD INCREDIMAIL WITH COX. NOW IF I SEND FROM IT IT GOES TO MY OUTBOX NOT SENT. I AM VERY DISAPOINTED AND ANGRY.
Pa
  13th of Nov, 2008
How do I register to get my rebate for the moden sent to me to get my DSL service?
Lu
  15th of Nov, 2008
We switched over a week ago and it has been a nightmare. They still have not installed our phone and that is where we would see a savings. Everybody that we have dealt with so far has lied to us, beginning with the salewoman who sold my husband on the switch. Everyone says they will take care of our problems and nothing happens. Saying I'm sorry is a crock and a coverup for incompetence. We have since spoken with people that we know who have bought into ATT&T and each of them has told us that they got so frustrated that they asked AT&T to come and get all their equipment. This is no way to run a business. It tough times I would expect that they would be breaking their backs to make sure that their customers were satisfied. Word of mouth is very powerful!!!
Ro
  17th of Nov, 2008
thieves nothing more nothing less.shame on me!!!I am sorry comcast.
Ma
  18th of Nov, 2008
I have had nothing but problems with ATT U-verse since I switched. They couldn't even find the date they installed my account, let alone an account number. The rebates promised did not come at all. I've called no less than 15 times to complain about my service or rebates. I'm still waiting on my $50 Visa card that should have come in October. Now they say it won't come til Dec. Now they installed the U-verse phone. They came and left B-4 we could open the door. My phone account that I reduced until they installed the U-verse has not been credited. They sent me 2 bills and the second one is higher than my normal phone bill. They still have not credited my phone bill. They set up that battery back up system next to my printer. Guess what. The day they installed that & left my printer will not print anymore. IT IS NOT A SOFTWARE PROBLEM!!! I checked under diagnostics and it says something is disconnected, which I did not do or know how to fix. So I called U-verse and they tell me it's a software problem. Then they sent my bill 1st bill, including an installation charge of $50.00 for the phone. When I signed up for the 3-bundle package, there are supposed to be NO INSTALLATION CHARGES WHATSOEVER. Plus the bill was for $150.00. OH, YEAH, THEY FORGOT TO GIVE ME THE 2 FREE MONTHS OF T.V. THEY OFFERED AND BILLED ME FOR IT. HA! WHAT A JOKE ATT HAS BEEN. I''M READY TO SWITCH BACK TO COMCAST, EVEN IF IT COSTS MORE. NEVER HAD THESE KIND OF PROBLEMS WITH THEM AT ALL. SO SICK OF IT ALL. OH. YEAH, I HAVE TO CALL THEM AGAIN TO FIX MY 1. PHONE BILL, 2. CREDIT MY PHONE BILL 3. FIX MY PRINTER, 4 AND GET MY GIFT CARD. WISH ME LUCK!!!
Ga
  25th of Nov, 2008
I signed up and received U-verse service in May 2008 for TV and internet. I requested that the reward of $100 that was due me to be sent as a check. To date I have not received the check. When can I expect your payment.
Te
  25th of Nov, 2008
I don't know why I was directed to this sight I have no complaint or comment.
Ro
  28th of Nov, 2008
I'm new to att and from what I'm reading sounds scary and may not be worth my time.
De
  28th of Nov, 2008
I have read the other comments about receiving rewards. I was told by an AT&T agent that I would receive a free modem, and a $75.00 gift card in the mail. Today I received a letter from AT&T Reward Center stating I had to redeem my gift card by 12/23/08 and that I would receive the card in 4- 6 weeks which will make the gift card invalid. And I got another card telling me I was NO longer eligible for the gift card. I called AT&T and they told me that I was still receiving a gift card. So I have no idea what is going on anymore. Every time I call and speak to someone, they tell me something different. They tell me I am not eligible for the $50.oo check which would have covered the modem they told me I would get for FREE if I signed on for Internet service. And that is the ONLY reason I signed on for Internet service because they told me I would get a free modem. So I have NO idea what the hell is going on, and I have had it. I agree that a class action suit should be filed. I am tired of being ripped off by monopolies especially when times are tough for everyone economically right now. Big guys stealing from the little guys.
Ch
  30th of Nov, 2008
I was told that I would receive 125.00, and told me to go this web site in two weeks after receiving DSL. It has been over a month, since I got connected with DSL, and would to receive the money that yall owe me. I would let to hear something soon as possible!!!

Your Sincerely,
Christine
Ge
  2nd of Dec, 2008
I was referred to ATT phone and internet service by my sister-in-law and when I signed up for your service I was told that she would recieve $25.00 for my phone service and $25.00 for internet DSL service. We recieved her code and the girl that signed me up said she would take care of this for me. As of today Tuesday Dec 2, 2008 she had not recieved it. I talked to a rep. at ATT today and they said they couldn't find it in the system and that it was to late to do anything about it now. If it wasn't for her telling me how satisfied they were with there phone and internet service I probably would have stayed with my other service. I don't think you should offer services that you don't intend to keep.

Gerald Shelton