Menu

complaints

AT&T Complaints Summary

644 Resolved
1502 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with AT&T, which has a below-average resolution rate, demands caution. Thoroughly assess their service reviews and explore how they handle unresolved complaints. If you encounter issues, document your experiences meticulously and be persistent in seeking resolutions.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for AT&T has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of AT&T. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

AT&T complaints 2146

Sort by:

Newest AT&T complaints

C
8:17 pm EDT

AT&T customer service while trying to upgrade my system

As I said numerous times I was very confused. I tried to read back to her what I heard and understood and she kept interrupting me and insisting that everything way correct and not to worry. Even without all the information. She also kept insisting that I schedule the upgrade the entire time I was trying to see what I had as a package and what I was paying right now as well as what the difference would be per month if I upgraded. She wasn't worried about my questions just that I schedule the upgrade. This was throughout the call. I felt very uncomfortable and rushed. I still am not sure that I understand everything and am terrified that my bill per month with the upgrade is going to be way higher. She said it wouldn't be and there wouldn't be much difference. The other thing I asked about was the equipment insurance. I don't have that on my stuff now and requested that it be added the day the upgraded equipment is installed. She kept wanting to add it right then and I told her that I didn't want it on my stuff that I had now but the new stuff. I had to say that numerous times. I was trying to schedule and get off the phone by them because I was irritated and frustrated. She said her supervisor wanted to speak to me about quality control. I didn't want to do that but she kept insisting! So I spoke with her and folder her my concerns as stated above. She sounded just like the sales representative. She kept pushing me to say that I had a great experience with the sales representative and at & t. So I just said whatever to get her off the phone. I am very nervous about what's going to happen with this. Crossing my fingers that it works out. They also said we weren't going to be loosing channels like everyone has been talking about so I hope that was true too.

Sent from yahoo mail for iphone

11:47 am EDT

AT&T att wireless phone service

April 29th 2019
From: Alvin D. Toney Sr.
3412 Laurel Leaf Drive
Orange Park Florida 32065
To: Office of Ms. Ashley Moody
Florida State Attorney General's Office
Citizen Contact Form /Citizen Complaint

Ms. Moody
I am writing in response to the letter you received from Mr. Phelps of AT&T (under AG Pam Bondi's Office). The matter remains unresolved. The assurances made to my wife Felicita and I by AT&T's representative Mr. Bauer in September 2017 remain unfulfilled. I have not received any calls from AT&T with regards to this matter. Also I have called Mr. Phelps Office Four times and have not received a response to my calls. There response has always been " He's in but not available at this time and we will have him call you back" which he never does even though he indicates that he has in response to my previous letters of complaint (when he's responded to Ms. Bondi's office).
Further the amount owed to my previous wireless carrier Verizon is $2, 226.00. Which they have now sent to collections has had an adverse affect on my credit rating .
We were told on Sept 17th 2017 by Mr. Bauer that the monthly cost of our four phones would be $150, 00 per month it is in Fact 275.00 per month. Also our previous Verizon phones were never returned to Verizon and our outstanding bill for service was never paid to Verizon as told to us by Mr. Bauer.
Further the phone number given us by Mr. Bauer of 508- 845-0705 is not in service.
I look forward to a call from a representative of AT&T to resolve this matter ASAP.

Alvin D. Toney Sr. & Felicita Toney
[protected]

I
1:09 am EDT

AT&T wifi

Today I called the 800 number to see if there was a problem with the internet in my neighborhood. I was told by the the automated response system that it would be a five minute wait. Three hours later, I still hadn't been helped and had to leave my house. I've never experienced this in my life. Is this AT&T's way of discouraging customers to call in with questions?😡

11:47 am EDT

AT&T sending a replacement devices with expired warranty.

I have been with AT&T for 2 years, I had 2 lines and had insurance on the 2 devices. on march 2019 I received 2 devices as a replacement for the 2 devices I had due to technical issues. after 30 days my wife's device was malfunctioning, so I called AT&T and they sent ma another replacement. 2 weeks later my phone started having issues, so I called AT&T since they told me that you will have 1 years warranty on your replacement but the refused to handle the issue because I switched to another provider and now I have a manufacturer warranty valid until march 2020, when I checked with apple their data indicated that my device warranty was expired on 2016, I tried to speak with several management level at AT&T and at the end the supervisor just ended the call from his side. by the way my wife's phone warranty was expired. so my conclusion that when you submit a claim they just send you a refurbished phone with issues and hoping that the device at least 30 days because after 30 days they don't take responsibility. I don't understand how they give me devices with 1 year warranty and when I need to use the warranty I discover that the warranty is expired. the manger lied on me and told me you have 1 year warranty just go to the manufacturer and they will replace it for you, I had to drive 30 minutes back and forth to apple service center because I trusted her and then I discover that AT&T just hire a group unprofessional personnel.

C
1:34 pm EDT

AT&T order pay per view via phone

3/27/19: Last night I attempted to buy a pay per view movie, starting at 9PM. I began the process of ordering by phone a approximately 8:30 pm. It told me to check my phone line after first try. Did so and tried again. No luck. Called customer serviced and now I have 6 minutes before the movie is to begin. The agent said she could help me buy the movie, then she transferred me to somewhere where the wait time was 9 minutes - way beyond the starting time for the movie. I hung up and redailed customer non-service and was told the wait time was 1 minute. After 5 minutes an agent came on the line - I has really mad by this time since I had missed the movie. He explained to me that AT&T was currently doing maintenance on the buy pay per view via phone, so that is why the option did not work. I was livid. Why was I not notified about this? So I would know about it and not waste time trying to dial up. The first agent did not seem to know anything about this. Poor, uninformed non-cusomer service is what it is. I have been with Direct/TV for 20 years - this may be my last year. I'm sick of incompetent customer service.

1:16 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Date of Incident: Today (4/27/2019) Time (12:15-12:20) Store Location: 117 S 69th ST, Upper Darby Associate Name was not provided but the young lady was werang a light gray shirt Desirable resolution: Better customer Service Descrisption of Incident: My Iphone XS was frozen on the homescreen which may the phone inaccessible. I was unable to make call...

H
11:18 pm EDT

AT&T billing method

I am complaining about ATT's billing system.
Today, my service was suspended because I had not paid on a past due bill in Nov.
I just ckecked my bank statements as far back Nov 2017. Beginning with Dec 2018 I made the following payments:
12/27/18--$130.12
04/25/18--$120.20
03/26/18--$129.31
02/28/18--$5.59
01/16/18--$114.77

I would like to know why are my charges so different? I left Spectrum because of
rates continually going up. I am very unhappy with ATT too.

We are charged excessive prices and all we get is informercials. Why are we paying to see commercials? There is very little to see on TV. Customers are being ripped-off !

My Name is Helen Grayson. My acct. No is [protected] I hope I will not be ignored.

9:54 pm EDT

AT&T multiple fraudulent dealings with att reps.

At 3:34 pm on Wednesday April 24th I placed a call to 1-866-813-9289 (length 51:15) and placed an order for ATT Fiber 300 and Uverse U300 as a bundle. I was advised the Fiber would be $40 per month and the U300 service would be $45 for the 12 month period of the agreement at which point the price of the U300 might fluctuate but the Fiber internet would stay at $40 as long as there was a bundle of some sort. I agreed to this and asked him to process this order During this conversation to get to this point I advised the employee in no uncertain terms that I did not want Directv and that he did not even need to look at pricing for it because I would not have it again, I was very clear about this and the package agreed upon was UVerse as stated by him and I both. He also promised a $250 visa gift card reward for the purchase of the bundle and advised me that we would have NFL Sunday ticket for free for a year as well (I was not aware at that time that the NFL Sunday ticket was Directv only). After finalizing the order, setting up the install time, and asking again $85 plus tax is the whole price and being assured it was we ended the call.
At 4:14 pm emails started arriving to confirm my "Directv Order" including a Directv contract, landlord signature form, account registration emails, and an emailing detailing my 24 month Directv agreement and order that I was to receive.
At 4:44 pm I placed another call to ATT this time to 1-800-288-2020 (length 1:18:53) to advise them of this problem. After some explanations I was transferred to the loyalty department to someone who was supposed to help (name may have been David, I am not sure). He kept me on the phone for 1 hour 18 minutes supposedly going back and forth with his supervisor discussing the problem of the other agent fraudulently placing this Directv order instead of what we discussed. Ultimately he did cancel the Directv order and that is the only thing that he did, none of the rest of what I am about to put in this statement was done on my account or added to the notes of my account. The end result of all of the back and forth between him and I and supposedly a supervisor who never actually got onto the phone themselves was the following. I was told the order for Uverse U300 was now placed and that unfortunately the best he could do on the monthly was $47, that there was no way to trigger the gift card that I was promised so they were going to put a credit on my account for the $250 and that also there was no way to give me NFL Sunday ticket so after some additional back and forth I was told there could be additional account credit of $150 so the Uverse U300 for $47, the Fiber 300 at the original agreed upon price of $40, contract term one year, and a total of $400 of account credit to be added as soon as my account was active. This was the promise made on this phone call.
I waited a little over the 24 hours for the account confirmation documents I was told would be emailed and when they didn't arrive I called back in at 7:07 pm April 25th (length 1:21:20) to find out where they were. At this point I was informed by the individual on the phone that the only thing he sees is that I have Fiber 300 getting installed and that the Directv is cancelled. No order placed for the U300 TV service and no notes at all relating to the conversations of the prior evening about the price of the U300 ($47) or the account credits ($400). After I got upset at this news the individual I was speaking with got a manager on the line (Jay-a tech support supervisor) who could not help me and he then got Stephanie from Loyalty on the phone. Stephanie could not fix anything that had been done, also advised me she did not see the notes from the night before, and supposedly took down my request for a supervisor to pull the two above calls and listen to them before calling me back as she promised they would. I am now awaiting the call from the supposed supervisor.

T
11:54 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

AT&T no sense of urgency to fix issue

Bay city flower company

We have been speaking to different representatives every day for the past week, we have not been able to get the repai done, or technician out to fix the problem. Our tickets keep getting closed, we keep getting transfered to different people. We have not been able to get any incoming calls since last week, and we keep gettig told that a tech will be getting sent out and up until today no one has come up with a solution or fixed our issue.

Please send the technician out and fix the issue!

Read full review of AT&T and 2 comments

RyanAdam
, US
Apr 24, 2019 9:24 am EDT
Replying to comment of RyanAdam

He's a technician who works with AT&T

I
12:23 am EDT

AT&T directv & internet

On April 03 I received a flyer offering a promotion to bundle Direct TV & Internet. I called and asked if there was internet in my area since it is a new subdivision. I asked the representative to make sure I had service in my area because if I didn't I was not interested in any of the services. He assured me that I could get AT&T Internet and Direct TV so then I agreed to start service. He said I was going to receive a gift card for $100 dollars and went ahead to set up my appointment for the Direct TV installation and said that for the internet they were going to call me the next day. Nobody called me the next day so I called and I found out that there is no internet service in my area which means that the representative lied to me! He wanted to make a sale and lied for his own benefit! What kind of business is this? This is unacceptable, unethical, just wrong! So now I'm going to pay more a month! I'm very upset about this! I thought I was dealing with a serious company but obviously not. I called and complained about this and the manager I talked to was just like "oh sorry " but didn't offer any solutions. Once again he showed the lack of care and customer service. I'm a realtor and I will make sure I tell all the people I come across to make sure not to use your services. All my clients that buy houses from me will hear about the terrible service and lack of professionalism you guys are all about.

View 0 more photos
D
5:48 pm EDT

AT&T uverse account

I called last month and spoke to a supervisor at AT&T and was advised going forward my bill would 236.90. I received my bill this month and it is 260.17 the customer service rep that I spoke with said it was due to taxes and fees. Taxes and Fees are $23.27. Your customer service people have no knowledge of billing and how to resolve problems. They tell you anything to get you off the phone.
Deborah A Smith
[protected]

P
5:03 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had a Richard Thomas call me today. My girl who answered the phone said he stated he was from Comcast in regards to my billing. I am the office manager and when I picked up the phone he stated his name was Richard Thomas and he was calling from AT%T. I told him he told my employee he was from Comcast(because we recently contracted with Comcast and...

F
3:59 pm EDT

AT&T wireless

Hi everyone,

Coming here to ask for your help and suggestions on what you think should be my next steps. This is probably the most dishonest company I had business with in the past years.

Last February I called AT&T to discuss my wireless plan and complain about the so called "connection fee" ($20/month just to connect my smartphone to my plan, like I could use my plan in any other way). After being transferred to the Loyalty department and discussing with them I was offered an upgrade from my iPhone 7 to the new iPhone XR at a discounted price ($349 if I remember well) and asked to call back on the closure of my billing cycle to change for an unlimited plan. I asked and the agent clearly stated that from then onwards I'd pay a lower amount vs what I was paying at that time.

Fast forward, they have INCREASED my connection fee to $40/month, my plan was not changed and now I'm locked for 2 years in the contract because of the discounted phone. Which btw there's almost nothing discounted there, because on top of the $349 already paid I have these extra $20/month disguised as connection fee for the 2 years of the contract, so another $240 on the price.

Spoke to the Loyalty department yesterday and they say there's nothing I can do about it, I requested them to pull the recording of my call with the Loyalty department and they say that's not possible also, informed also that if I change providers I'll have to pay the early termination fees (around $300). On top of it to unblock my phone it would take about 2 months, since they say I have to pay my early termination fees (about 1-2 cycles after I leave) and then request it to be unblocked.

So my questions to you:
- Any suggestions on how to proceed from here?
- Does anyone know how to accelerate the unblocking of the phone once I transfer to another provider?

And my suggestions: don't EVER do business with AT&T!

Thanks!

E
6:50 pm EDT

AT&T mobile phone service

I have been an ATT customer for 17 years.
I have two lines and an apple watch currently.
I have two ATT next phones.
One phone was due to be returned.
I returned the wrong phone.
Instead of sending back the mistakenly sent phone ATT did the following:
1. Kept the mistaken phone
2. Asked for the correct phone.
3. Returned the correct phone and told me it was too late to return it.
4. Asked for the correct phone again and provided shipping
5. Returned the correct phone again and said it was too late to return it.
6. Asked for the correct phone AGAIN
7. Returned the correct phone and told me it was too late to return it AGAIN
8. Asked for the correct phone again and provided shipping AGAIN
9. Returned the correct phone again and said it was too late to return it AGAIN
And then charged me for the correct phone but kept the wrong phone.
Promised me two $25 credits for my trouble but did not give them to me.
Promised me credits for the correct phone.
Did not give them.
Cut off my service.
Charged me a restoral fee.
They keep telling they have opened a case for my issues.
ATT STILL HAS MY OTHER PHONE .. FOR THREE MONTHS. And ATT is charging me for the phone.
It has been three months of a total clown show.
I have been with ATT for 17 years, paid their ridiculous rates, been loyal even though ATT has always been a total disaster.
Now I am fed up and I am not going to take it anymore.
Done!
I am going to write a compelling and detailed account of every stupid thing that has happened and post it to every social media service in the world.
I am going to do a paid media campaign with your idiotic shenanigans.
I am going to get on television to tell everyone what ATT will do in place of doing the right thing.

M
12:37 am EDT

AT&T dead zone with no cellular service in an area where at&t states there is cellular service!

We were informed that we would have cellular service at our new residence, 391 Crowe Drive, Highlands NC 28741 When we arrived there was no service within the entire neighborhood and had to drive 2 miles in either direction to put us in a service area. When we spoke with an AT&T representative about the problem being the reason we could not expand our package to include TV and Internet, he stated we could sign up for the expanded service and then we'd probably receive a signal at this location! Sorry, but we pay too much not to have phone service, and the problem needs to be corrected!

K
11:00 am EDT

AT&T wireless service

I would like a refund for everything. This phone costs too much money for me to keep having trouble. I have been having problems since I got this phone. I ordered it offline in February. I just would like my money back; you all can get the phones back and cancel everything I'll find me another phone service. I have to keep turning it off and on in order for it to work.

W
4:45 pm EDT

AT&T directv

As an active employee service was 10.00 per month. After recently retiring I received a short message from att saying that my status had changed and will be reflected . No other notice was given... no other options were suggested...no opportunity was allowed to decide on packages or charges...just the next months bill was over 200.00! UNACCEPTABLE! After over an hour on the phone I found that a regular customer could get a better price than a retired employee? Really? I cancelled my service after many years with directv.

B
10:27 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We were moving mother from the third floor of an assisted living apartment to the first floor. The move was on Saturday, March 2. She is fairly deaf and has a hearing impaired phone, so we scheduled it on Thursday so she would have her phone in the new apartment on Saturday. Customer service said "no problem" and a technician would not even have to come in...

E
2:52 pm EDT

AT&T complaint

My service has been crappy anytime it rained, snowed or the wind blew. Every channel would flicker in and out or totally freeze. Once the storm or weather was done it would return to normal. We recently had a wind storm with gusts up to 75mph. During the storm we lost a few channels and was receiving the 771 error code. I called the day after the storm to see what I needed to do to fix it. It was only affecting my living room tv. All other tvs in the house were working just fine. So the lady on the phone had me restart the box and a couple other things that did not fix the issue and then tells me that my cable is shot and I need a tech person to come out and fix/replace it. Tells me first that I need to either pay a 1 time 99 tech fee or pay a $9 a month protection plan. I asked what for, I was told that I owned the cable and had to pay for them to fix it because it wasn't AT&T's equipment. She proceeded to tell me that when I had direct tv installed that I paid for the cable and the remotes. So I agreed to the $9 a month fee and told her I would be cancelling the protection next month. I did not have $100 to pay a one time fee and am glad I didn't for the 5 mins it took to fix my issue. She proceeded to set up a time to have a tech come out, she gave me Monday or Thursday during the day. I explained that we all work during the day and that no one is available to come sit at my house for 4 hours or take off work to sit around. Told her I was done at 3 and could be home by 3:30 if the tech could wait until then. She told me she couldn't guarantee that and that they would call me before they came out and if I wasn't available I would have to reschedule. So Thursday morning I called and rescheduled my appointment as I knew I wouldn't be able to make it between 12 and 4 and the gentleman offered me the option of Friday morning or Saturday afternoon. I asked why I wasn't given this option to begin with for a Saturday cause I wouldn't have had to cancel. He said he was unsure cause they offer Saturday's for people who can't do it during the week. So Saturday arrives and my tech guy showed up a half an hour early which was great! He came in and was very professional, took a look at what was going on and informed me that it wasn't my cable line it was actually my antenna that needed to be adjusted and fixed. He went outside and got on my roof and within about 5 to 10 mins he was back inside and put my channels back on and everything was fixed. Since he has been out I realized that this has been broken for awhile because for months I was losing channels, any amount of weather disrupted my service and this has been going on for over 6 months. And since he fixed whatever was broke we have had no issues during any kind of weather and we had severe rain and win again Saturday night. So my complaint is that 1. I was not offered a Saturday option for a tech to come out and was pretty much told to either stay home from my job or find someone to sit at my house for 4 hours cause there was nothing else she could do. 2. That I was forced to sign up and pay for the monthly protection service to have a tech come out to fix equipment that I don't even own. 3. I don't understand why I would buy cable and remotes when this service was installed, but the rest of the equipment is Direct Tvs? And why I'd get charged for anything faulty with any of the equipment? I pay a monthly fee to have a service and if it's broke I shouldn't have to pay to have it fixed. Which in this instance it clearly was the weather that caused the damage and had been broke for sometime and I have complained about that fact when I have called and complained about the rise in my price for service and nothing was offered or done then. For both my service and my price. Thank you in advance for handling this matter and correcting the situation. I pay a lot for a service that hadn't been working properly for months and when I call to get it fixed I'm not given the best options to rectify it and it ends up costing me more money. That is not great customer service and I have had numerous issues since ATT&T took over direct tv. I've been a customer for a long time but am looking at other options if things keep happening. Thank you again.

V
11:42 am EDT

AT&T poor customer service

I called att in january around the 16th and told the csr danello that I was calling because my promo deal was ending in february and wanted to know what my options were. I also pointed out the the phone bill for a land line (it was 14.76) was not being used and I wanted it cancelled. I told the rep that I had not had a land line in 6 months and I was paying for a service I did not use. I didnt even look at the february bill I just paid it. Thats my fault. I picked up the march bill which is now even higher. My phone bill is now $42.02- I called today and spoke to annie in customer service who says there is no indication in the notes that I cancelled the phone line. I speak to her supervisor - same answer. They transfer me to the loyalty department and tell me that they can refund. I speak to louis in loyalty department who says the same - no notes saying I cancelled. I said somebody check the recorded call and see that I did request the cancellation. He said he cant do that. I speak to his supervisor - alex_ who says I can give you a 25.00 credit. I said that is nice but not fair. I cancelled this service. Why is the customer the bad guy when your employee does not do his job and use notes or follow through? I am very unhappy with att today. My husband worked for att for 30 years and this is just wrong and not good business. I will eat the feb phone bill - for 24.08- thats my fault for not reading the bill. But really, I want the $42.02 refunded on the march bill. Please. I also have wireless thru att. I have been a customer for 40 years. Surely, something can be done to help me.

Overview of AT&T customer experience

AT&T has been receiving numerous complaints from its customers. The most common issues include poor customer service, billing errors, and unreliable network coverage. Customers have reported long wait times on the phone and unhelpful representatives. Billing errors have resulted in overcharges and incorrect fees. The network coverage has been reported to be spotty and unreliable, causing dropped calls and slow internet speeds. Overall, AT&T has been failing to meet the expectations of its customers, resulting in a negative experience.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

AT&T contacts