AT&T Connect Tech / fraud

IL, United States Review updated:

Do not subscribe to AT&T Connect Tech! It is a scam. It claims to provide service to speed or fix your computer for $15/mo. A credit card number must be provided up front to proceed. An agent gains control over the computer and attempts to fix it. An application is placed on your computer for remote access (remove it immediately). I tried to cancel the subsciption by calling the number provided by AT&T Connect Tech and was placed on hold for over 6 hours (until phone battery died). There is not an email for the service to cancel it. The phone number for AT&T Connect Tech listed on the AT&T web site cannot resolve the issue. I've contacted AT&T. AT&T is totally inept in addressing the issue.

Ba

Comments

• At
      23rd of May, 2012

SCAM SCAM SCAM Worst than that, I called them due to my DSL ATT internet connect problem, and they insisted they needed to remove my NORTON. After they removed it my computer froze and would not boot up, and they are not willing to fix it. For compensation, they offered me $30, and it will cost me $200 to have it fixed by another provider. SCAM SCAM SCAM.