Having problems with AT&T?

AT&T Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 288 2020 (Customer Service)
+1 888 333 6651 (Order New Wireless Service)
+1 877 782 8870 (Check Wireless Order Status)
+1 314 925 6925 (Support For Travel Abroad)
+1 800 901 9878 (AT&T PrepaidSM)
+1 844 827 7057 (Order New U-Verse TV Service)
+1 866 861 6075 (Order New Digital Phone Service)
+1 800 331 0500 (Wireless Customer Service)
+1 866 294 3464 (ConnecTech PaidTechnical Support)
+1 866 435 3264 (Dial-Up Billing & Payments)
+1 877 990 0041 (Order New Fixed Wireless Internet Service English)
+1 866 975 0050 (AT&T PREPAID Wireless Home Phone)
+1 855 288 2727 (Digital Life)
575 Morosgo Dr., NE Rm 14f67
Atlanta, Georgia
United States - 30324-3300

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with AT&T Customer Service. Initial AT&T complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for AT&T above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about AT&T. Discuss the issues you have had with AT&T and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

ATT YP-Connect — misleading sales tactics

Whatch out for the deceptive sales tactics from the att reps. I was not the only person I know who was told...

AT&T Wirelessrebate / customer service

I purchased a cellphone from AT&T online in Feb. 2008 and part of the promotion was for a $75.00 rebate. When I received the phone I requested to have the phone number changed, needless to say they left both accounts open and tried to charge me for both phone numbers on one phone. Impossible! A month later I noticed the rebate was not credited to my account so when I called customer service they then informed me that I needed to call and request for the rebate form. Two months went by and no rebate along with a collection notice for the initial account that should have been closed. When I disputed the charges along with copies of statements along with names and dates of personnel I spoke with still no response. Months went by and when I telephone AT&T of course no record of the documentation I forwarded along with the dispute. The excuse for no rebate was then they needed a forwarding address. A year later I called to see if the address was still on file and they told me they could not give me something back from 2008 and monies that i did not give them. Not Reputable Company At All! It's just a matter of time before other cellular companies put them out of business or a FAT Class Action Lawsuit will force them out of business. And I Can't Wait To See It. Right is Right and Wrong is Wrong.

cheryl champagne Jan 14, 2011

i was texted a week before the holidays and it said my rebate should be received shortly. i never got it. where is my rebate!

cheryl champagne Jan 14, 2011

i cheryl champagen purchased a new phone months ago and i have not received my rebate. your promt attention to this matter would be -mail appreciated. the number is [protected]. my address is 1027 j tommy lane/ breaux bridge, la. 70517 my e=mail address is cheryl blanchard 31 @yahoo.com

ATT Uversephone service

I want to move my two phone lines, internet service and bundle my television, so att uverse sounded like a reasonable alternative. Think again.

Att does not have the ability to move two phone lines on two different bills on to one service. That’s the new att, so tied up in bureaucratic garbage that they can’t seem to serve the needs of their clients.

I have made several phone calls and received several different answers over a period of three weeks, placed two orders and one on the internet and they still can’t get it installed. It is amazing that with so many people out of work in the united states that a company named american telephone and telegraph (Att) would rely so heavily on worker in india. I get calls at night and in the morning from india telling me they can’t get the service installed.

Management at this company is out to lunch and doesn’t give a damm about its customers. When this company fails I will not feel sorry for it.

• Ke
        kellykel Mar 15, 2011

Att Uverse is the WORST thing I ever tried to do!!! Customer service is terrible! At installation...could not connect my phone line...but promised it would be on Monday...STILL NO Phone...Tuesday call...get the run around and one CUSTOMER SERVICE person cancelled my account because he wanted to with NO HELP! SO to get it up and going again...well that has not happen!! I have spent the 4 hours on the phone trying to get a this all straight...NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING...Sales...Tech support...passing the buck!!Unbelieveable...back to Time Warner...they at least DO NOT Pass the buck for 4 hours!! As I am sitting NOW so far another 41 minutes...just leaving the goods on the porch...they can come get it!!! DO NOT GET ATT UVERSE!!! WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!

AT&Tabout over amount due

I have complained to the company about not being able to pay more then the amonut due. The online service & automated service will not let you pay more then amount due on bill.
      I would like to know why?
      I always have to talk to someone at the company to get my bill paid. It is a great inconvence for me to sit and wait for an operator just to pay my bill.
      I do this incase I have an emergence and cant pay sometime.
      Could you please let me know if you can pass this on to someone and have them change the programe in there system a bit to accept more then amount due.
      William H. Waldron
      361 Smallwood av.
      Ft. Pierce, FL

• Cu
          Curtis Mitchell Mar 27, 2010

We initially started our two year, two cell phone service with Cingular and never had a problem. Cingular was bought by AT&T. Then all the problems started September 2008 when we moved from Virginia to Rhode Island. Our original two year obligation had ended April 2008. I called and wrote and stopped service October 2008 and they continued billing me. I called and wrote and stopped service in November and December 2008 and they continued billing me. We didn't even use the cell phones and I explained that to them. I just had to stop payments in January 2009. They finally cancelled my service after non payment, but kept billing me. Finally, a collection agency contacted me and I made the final January 2009 payment. That is four months of payments at $ 185.00 for non-service, which is a total of $740. I am very upset and sent my entire package to the BBB. I can provide all documentation. They are a bunch of crooks and lie to the customers. Don't use AT&T!!!

AT&Tunauthorized changes

After having an account with AT&T for the phone # [protected] for 9 months, we were faced with a BAD situation. The person who had the number over 15 months age was able to call AT&T and hijack the number.(Note, the person is a family member, but not authorized on our account)So, after 9 months of paying for services, without warning, our account was CLOSED, INSTALLATION THAT WAS SCHEDULED WAS CANCELLED, AND AT&T DID NOT EVEN NOTIFY US!!!When I called to get an explanation, I was told that they could not discuss the account with me. I could not believe how they blew me off. They have cost me thousands of dollars (sign, business cards, and flyers) not to mention confusing the public. How irresponsible!

• Ca
            Carol F. Kayse Feb 22, 2010

For some unknown reason I am being charged for Ringtones of which my phone does not have. On my bill I was charged $44.96 for "Total Mobile Purchases and Downloads". Now while I did call AT&T and supposedly my bill was adjusted. However this is not fact as of yet.
            Secondly AT&T charged me for replacing a defective cell phone of which was under warranty $171.15 calling it "Equipment and Accessories". I went to an AT&T phone outlet and the self same cell phone was being sold for $29.95. I sent this phone back along with the initially bad cell phone. I was told I would NOT be charged for the replacement, which I received and of which also does not work worth a hoot. I found out from the AT&T representative that I could have gotten a brand new phone, (NOKIA 6350) for the total cost of $54.00 and some cents. So why in the world was I, am I, being charged so exsobiantly!!
            AT&T is telling me that even though the charges are wrong I still have to pay them and then I should be accredited next month. WHAT??? This is a scam against the consumers. I believed in AT&T and used to sware by there good service and reliability. NOT ANY LONGER!! and you can take that to the bank. This is an out rage. I have used AT&T for thirty (30) years and have never been delinquent or late with a bill. So why am I being charged for such. Now AT&T wants to charge me $159.00 for the phone that AT&T is selling for $59.00. WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY DOING ANY MORE!!!

AT&T U - Versea major rip off

First of all, their salespeople will promise you the moon, they LIE. The whole reason I changed from Comcast to U-verse was that it was supposed to save me a LOT of $$$. NOT! They are so much more expensive than trad cable providers and their customer service is a joke. I have been complaining since 2 months after it was installed. In Nov 09 I called wanting to discontinue the service and was asked if I would please hold the line so that they could connect me with an account retention specialist. Like a dummy, I agreed. I waited on hold for FORTY FIVE MINUTES and NO ONE EVER came back on the line. FORTY FIVE MINUTES PEOPLE! They do NOT care. This month I had had enough and was going to get rid of them and go back to Comcast. Then AND ONLY THEN was I informed that it takes TEN DAYS to get U-verse purged from the system before ANYONE else can begin to install an alternate provider.
          T E N days! They are basically holding my home and family hostage to their overpriced, substandard service. They tell you when they are selling you their garbage that you can record up to 4 shows while watching tv. Oh yeah, right. When you do, it interrupts every other tv in your home and to watch live tv you either have to interrupt another tv or delete/stop a recording! Calling for customer service is THE biggest runaround through a maze of people who have NO authority to do a damned thing. The fiber optic cable equipment looks like a nest of snakes with all the wires and connections. I have had 4 modems in 6 months and on every single one the power cord falls out. Just falls out, no rhyme or reason. Then you have to not only reboot the computer and modem but since the tv's are on the same line it knocks out ALL the tv's in your home too.
          Luckily, I am a renter. When I move in a couple of months I WILL NOT use AT&T U-verse. I WILL go running back to Comcast.
          DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO AT&T U-verse. You WILL NOT be happy.

• Lu
              LUZ MORA Jun 20, 2012

BIG FRAUD THE HGA/GAVE YOU $200.00 AS A CREDIT CARD GIFT AND THAY WILL PRORATE THE FISRT MONTHSERVICE. AS FOR 45 FDAYS OF SERVICE(MY BUNDLE WAS 139.00 MONTHLY0 the bill me $509.00 i returned the credit card and paid $217, 65 refusion to pay the rest I WAS REPORTED TO THE CREDIT BEAURU AND GET MY CREDIT SCREWED

• Mi
              Michael HIpe Oct 17, 2011

The channels that I weas promised are not available and the NHL channel that was part of the packeage has disappeared. I wish I had not left Direct TV. If they dont get the New England Sports Network like they promised, I will go back.

• Mi
              Millie197 Aug 18, 2011

I agree. I am discusted with UVERSE. I could write a book all of the stress they have caused my family. I was on hold for about 3 weeks straight. It took them months to get our phone service installed. In addition the DVR box had to be replaced 4 times. Furthermore, they erased all of my recordings 4 times. Techs had to come out ant we replaced our entire electrical system because they said it was our electirical system. A week later, their box blew up and techs came out serveral more times because of something they did wrong! Now, after almost a year of service I find out they do not offer COLLECT CALLS!!?? MY SON HAD AN EMERGENCY AND COULD NOT GET IN TOUCH WITH ME. They refuse to give me a credit for signing me up under false pretenses and not offering collect calls when I had a family emergency! I have had collect calls for 48 years and never heard of such a thing!!Moreover, several employees lied about the fees and when we got the bill it was $100 more than they promised us! I will be switching to another carrier for phone, internet, and cable. Now I can't even get through to the TRADITIONAL AT&T. It is like UVERSE has taken them over. They are now telling me it will take 3 weeks to switch to traditional AT&T!!VERY DISATISFIED!

annamarie89 Dec 08, 2010

OMG, everyword that you have said is sooooo true these people promise you this and that and honestly when it comes down you got to pay for everything even after they said its free... PLEASE PEOPLE DO NOT!!! DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO AT&T BECAUSE YOU WILL BE SORRY YOU EVER DID! THERE SERVICE SUCKS! tHERE REPS SUCK! THERE EQUIPMENT SUCKS! AND THE MANAGERS ARE USELESS!!! NO JOKE ! I HATE AT&T AND LIKE I SAID BEFORE I HOPE THEY RUN OUT OF BUSINESS CAUSSE THESE PEOPLE ARE JUST TAKING OUR MONEY AND PROMISING THINGS THAT DONT OR EVER WILL BE DONE.

AT&T U Verseextra charges

i moved to virginia on may 2008 i returned all the equipment to UPS but AT&T said they never received this equipment, they send me to this collection agency and i paid, i didn't have choice but a month ago i got this letter from another collection agency telling me i have to pay $124 to AT&T because i didn't pay for services and if i don't pay they gonna mess up my credit, what can i do?? some one can help??? i wish some one can do something with this people. and also when i try to call AT&T they send me person by person, telling the same story over and over again, and there's noo supervisor to talk to with...

AT&T Family Mapnot correct error

I have a case open from at&t, case number kmm20136245v92353l0km. elaine dudley replied email, but it was not solved. it was not been solved since dec 22. I have tried email several times and no answer. there is a mistake on their record about our home address, so the location tracking is not working. it should be very easy to correct, but nobody take care of it. no reply from either the email ([protected]@amcustomercare. att-mail.com) or web form mail. also this web page that is provided in the email body never works http://www.wireless.att.com/supportsurvey/epoll/booth.do?controller=com.jcorporate.epoll.controller.booth&format=tiny&categoryid=2&pollid=16&state=promptvote&id=coed655t***12503745***. it always shows maintenance in progress.

• Gr
                  greenblaze Mar 15, 2016

I have had it happen today and I am having the same issue. DId you ever file the lawsuit?

• Mj
                  mjohnson0209 Jun 06, 2013

the family map program showed a location completely inaccurate to where I was located. This program caused complete and total destruction of my family. There is no way to prove not being somewhere when a satellite says you were. At least not to an angry spouse. Has anyone else has heard of this being an issue? I've thought of opening up a lawsuit against AT&T regarding this and the fact that these types of programs allow paranoid or abusive family members to stalk their spouses as long as they are on the same phone plan. In order to file a law suit I need other customers to back me up as well as to file complaints regarding their issues with the program. If anyone has had an issue similar to this please post.

• Tr
                  Tropipalms Nov 20, 2010

I have att family map..not happy. Very unreliable, only works half the time and when it does work way off the
                  area where my family member is located. Not reliable.

• Fa
                  FamilyMap Support Jan 08, 2010

Hello,

The home address on file in your AT&T account does not impact location accuracy in FamilyMap.

Ask the representative that's been helping you with this case to submit a ticket to the FamilyMap help desk that includes all the relevant information about your situation (main phone number and the text of the error message you received are the most important) and we'll be able to help her troubleshoot your issue.

FamilyMap Support

AT&T And Streaming Flix, LLCunauthorized billing to my account

At&t has allowed streamingflix, llc to be me $15 per month.
                I never ever authorized this.

This is at&t fraud.

Lets look into getting a fraud lawsuit started aganist at&t and streamingflix, llc

Read january 2010 consumer report, you will see that at&t wirelesws services is the worst of them all.

Let's all drop at&t services.

• Vo
                    VolvoDave Dec 16, 2010

Success!!! The company doing this, Alternate Billing Corporation, is being investigated by the FBI.

Here's the press release from the FBI Website:

Note: If you were a victim, you need to get a hold of the FBI as soon as possible.

Seeking Information in Alternate Billing Corporation Matter
                    Washington, D.C. December 16, 2010

* FBI National Press Office [protected]

— filed under: Field Office, Fraud, Field Cases, Breaking News, Press Release

The FBI is seeking information from consumers who believe that they have been improperly charged on their telephone bill for services neither ordered nor authorized related to Alternate Billing Corp., 24078 Greenway Road, Forest Lake, Minnesota, or any of its affiliated companies or services listed below.

800VMailbox
                    Streaming Flix – UBD
                    Studio 127
                    Uvolve
                    VolCoff

Our inquiry is ongoing, and while we can’t provide any additional information at this time, we do need to hear from persons who believe they were improperly billed.

What we need to know:

1. Your basic contact information, including name, phone numbers, address, and e-mail address;
                    2. A list of which company/companies or service(s) billed you;
                    3. An estimate of your monetary loss; and
                    4. Whether or not you can provide documentation if requested in the future, such as copies of your telephone bills.

How to provide the above information:

1. Preferred Method—Via an online form on the FBI.gov website: http://forms.fbi.gov/alternate-billing-corp;
                    2. Via a dedicated e-mail address: [email protected]; or
                    3. If you do not have access to a computer, you may mail your information to:

FBI Indianapolis
                    Alternate Billing Corporation Matter
                    575 N. Pennsylvania Street, Room 679
                    Indianapolis, IN 46204

If you have investigative information that might help with this matter, please use our electronic public leads and tips form at https://tips.fbi.gov/.

* You may also file complaints with the Minnesota Attorney General’s Office, [protected] or [protected]; or

* You mail your information to:

Attorney General’s Office
                    1400 Bremer Tower
                    445 Minnesota Street
                    St. Paul, MN 55101

If we determine that you are a victim, we will be in touch with you. Please note: Due to the number of expected responses, it may be some time before you hear back from us.

You may also call our toll-free hotline at [protected] for recorded information regarding this issue. At this time, we are unable to accept messages on this line because of the expected call volume.

Updates, as available, will be provided via FBI.gov and the outgoing message on the toll-free line. We thank you for your patience as we conduct a thorough investigation and work to obtain victims’ information.

• Je
                    jenner Feb 24, 2010

Charged 14.44 on att bill for screaming flex on Jan. 29 2010 Did not give permission, Steaming flix said that I gave them permission called me a lie when I said that I didnot although not any movies had been downloaded refused to refund money.. Don't know where they got info on me but it wasn't from me. Att adjusted my bill.

• Wb
                    WBW Jan 28, 2010

This company is a scam HBS did try and bill me 14.99 I called and they said my son had given them permission I told them My Son don't live here and why put on my account they said thats the number that was given.They said they would put a block on the account but it would take two to three bills to refelt my charges.I called my son and he said he never did okay any of this. then he called and they said [email protected] gave them the order.what ever you do don't pay these people one dime HBS can and will try this over and over your phone bill.AT&T should not allow HBS to bill thur thier company.AT&T could stop this scam. well see .

ATTadvertising dept.

My family recently switched our entire cell phone service because of the advertising department at ATT. We are disgusted at the constant "feminine male" that frequents just about every single ATT commercial these days. The object of advertising is to relate to your audience. If that was true, every man in America would wear black framed glasses and be 5'7 and 132 lbs. That is NOT the case. What ATT has done is make American men look like women and offer nothing beside sitting in a cubicle all day accomplishing nothing. I have taken this as a strong insult and I wanted to bring it to your attention.

Sincerely,

Matthew Baker

AT&T Advertising Solutionsunable to speak to a person

We received a renewal notice stating that our ads would be automatically renewed unless we contacted AT&T by 12/28/09 to make changes.

I called the number for Customer Service at least 8-10 times [protected]), and each time a message would ask me to enter a number and then it would disconnect me. I finally called without getting disconnected and left several messages for a representative to call me back, but no one has contacted me.

I also submitted at least 6 requests via the website www.1800GETREAL.com/ExpressRenewal for someone to contact me, and again I haven’t heard from a representative.

When I called [protected], option 3, wait for rep to find out office is closed, option 1 gives a message that I can email to [email protected] which appears to be an invalid email.

My former representative no longer works for the company.

I am unable to speak to any real person at AT&T, and made every possible effort and spent hours trying to contact someone that could help us, but I am unable to cancel or make changes to my contract.

noahappycamper Feb 12, 2016

We just received a call and our boss told us to answer the phone while she was out running errands, so I said she isn't available right now can I take a message? The woman said, no what is a better time to call back? I then replied, she should be back in an hour or so, and the snarky woman said, "WHATEVER!" are you kidding me? Hey, if you don't like your job, that's fine, but don't take it out on ME just trying to do MY job. Rude. Forget any service you were trying to push because we aren't biting after that conversation. Personally I think she should get a write up or something... customer service should ALWAYS be #1!!!

• Ji
                        jimmiefromaol Mar 07, 2012

If you have any troubles accessing this website or calling those numbers, look at your monthly billing statement. It states: For inquiries concerning your account, please contact our Customer Service Center at [protected], Monday-Friday between 8:30 am - 5:00 p.m. 100% guarantee they will be able to assist you with any questions or concerns.

• Re
                        renosruin83 Nov 08, 2010

i am having a problem like this. if anyone can help please. i got a call from a rep for my bussiness and we talked for a bit, i told him i could not pay for something like this cause i just started up the bussiness. Gregory allen is his name he said well lets get you signed up so you can try it out and get some bussiness. i asked him if there was a trial period for free and he said ya lets get you going. needless to say after all the voice signature that was so vague, i am all of a sudden stuck in a 12 month contract. after three months of calling his manager Angelia Gilmore, i cant get anyone to call me back i did not want this service. i told mr allen to cancel it two months ago and he did not say anything about a contract for twelve months he said he would cancel it then i received my next bill. i dont know what to do. ive called and emailed 4 four times in the last week, ive gotten ahold of the managers manager Scott who will not call me back. my email address is [email protected]

• He
                        helpful?? Feb 24, 2010

the customer service number is [protected] they are open between 830 and 5 eastern. You call that number and they will document the account that you called but it is a requirement to send all cancellations via certified mail and they will give you the address. also the email address is [email protected] but i wouldn't use that b/c again you have to send your request via certified mail. hope this helps

• Gs
                        GSieders Feb 09, 2010

You can feel to contact me at [protected] or Toll Free [protected] and ask for Gene Sieders and I will get you in contact with the right people.

• Es
                        E Services Jan 27, 2010

You must send you cancellation in writing, but I am not confident it will be processed.

Last year I spoke with someone on the phone and THOUGHT I had cancelled my contract as the cost didn’t justify the business received. When collections began calling they referred me to the tiny print in my couple of year old contract stating cancellations must be in writing. Collections gave me an email address to send my cancellation letter to. I promptly sent the email with the cancellation notice, sucked it up (even though the AT&T rep didn’t advise me during the phone call to do it in writing) and have paid the bills for 2009 contract. I just received another automatic renewal notice. I forwarded a copy of the renewal notice, noting on it contract had been previously canceled and I do not want to the email I used last time. I also mailed a copy today (you only have 14 days from date of notice).

Good luck!

AT&Tfalse charges for disconnected line

We moved and disconnected our house phone line in Sept. 2009. AT&T is still billing us for long distance access and taxes for a phone line that is disconnected. I feel like I'm being ripped off by AT&T.

false charges for disconnected line

• At
                          ATT Retail Sales Mar 22, 2011

So if your a friggin engineer then why did you play him? You knew he didnt have the answer! Its people like you who are the real idiots! Yes he should have never tried to answer the question but you should have never asked it! Fool!

• Na
                          NAOMI WILSON Sep 10, 2010

I REALLY KNOW HOW SOME OF YOU FEEL ABOUT ATT, THEY AREN'T NOTHING BUT A SET OF DEMONS, THEY DON'T CARE HOW THEY LIE, CHEAT, OR COVER UP, WHO EVER TRAIN THEM DID A JOB, WHEN I GET EVERY THING RIGHT WITH MY ACCOUT I'M FINDING ME A COMPANY THAT WOULD TREAT ME THEY WOULD TREAT THEMSELVES ITS NOTHING GOOD GOING TO COME FROM ANY OF THEM THEY ARE GETTING CLOSE TO BE CAUGHT WITH EMBLEZZLMENT, WATCH WHAT I TELL YOU, I GOT ONE MORE RECIEPT TO FIND, AND FROM THERE, ITS MY ATTORNEY, I'M GOING TO SUIT THEM SO HARD THEIR GRANDCHILDREN, AND THEIR CHILDREN WILL HAVE TO FINISH PAYING THE TAP, THE OVERSIZE DEMON IS GOING TO GET WHAT IT DESERVE, THEY JUST MESS UP WHEN THEY LIED, STOLE, AND TRY TO DECIEVE ME, BE PATIENT, YOU ARE GOING DOWN BIG TIME ATT, THOSE THATS NOT WORKING OR HAVING AN APPLICATION TO GE A JOB WITH THEM I ADVISES YOU NOT TO THERE WANT BE BENIFITS IT WILL BE SHORT LIVE AND CONVITIONS WAIT AND SEE, IT'S COMING WHEN YOU NOT EXPECTING.

anti-ripoff-guy Jan 02, 2010

Incompetent sales associates. One guy (initials G.M.) told us that we only needed a data plan for one month for our rebates. Turns out 6 were required. We tried to reconcile the charges on the first bill he gave us while we were there, and he just said that he didn't understand the "Other Charges" line, and we should take it up with him if it showed up on the next bill and he would then remove it. It did show up, and we were then informed, by G.M. again, a month later that it was because we needed a data plan for both our new phones AND that we needed it for 6 months. So we will have to pay an extra $240 at due to his misinformation.

Moreover, none of the guys there understand the differnce between kBs & Mbits and presume to argue when they don't understand. And, one (initials D.F.) gave a completely wrong explanation to me on fiber-optic advantages (I'm an engineer that builds fiber lasers for a living). I feel sorry for anyone who believes his nonsense.

Lesson learned: buy online (from someone else); everything is in writing that way.

AT&T Wirelessterrible service

This is a follow-up of my previous post. After spending over FIVE hours on the phone with AT&T on three different days, after having been disconnected three times during my hold-time, and after having been lied to and promised false promises, I will now look for another phone company. AT&T caused a disruption of my service, and they seem to care little that I lost work time on the phone with them, and they now tell me they cannot rebundle my services and restore my account.

Does the AT&T CEO ever go home and say "Today we made customers happy?"

Payment One / AT&T / Green Initiatives — unauthorized billing

Green Initiatives LLC through Payment One placed a fee of $ 49.99 on my company AT&T phone bill. Rep from...

AT&T Uversepoor service

I read the complaint about the gentleman who was scammed regarding the gift card/rebate. The same thing happened to my wife and I, but fortunately, my wife called with one day left to go and we were able to get the $100 gift card. It's a calculated rip off. Recently, our DVR quit working. I called AT&T and scheduled for a technician to come out today between 8:00 and 12:00. It's now 4:25 and guess what? No technician. I did receive a call at 12:10 from the dispatch center telling me a technician would be here "shortly". I have called three times and the latest time was one half hour ago. I was assured that the technician would be here "shortly". I replied that I had heard that before and suggested that if he isn't here by 5:00 he can pick up all of their equipment in the trash can in front of my house. I'll be switching back to Comcast on Monday. One more thing- I filed a complaint about AT&T with the FCC about 15 minutes ago. AT&T should really think about keeping their appointments. All this time I have on my hands waiting is giving me way too much time thinking about how I can get even.

• Uv
                              uverse tech Mar 25, 2010

Hello. I'm a uverse tech. I agree with you. We as techs have no idea how many tickets are scheduled. EX: A customer may schedule a time between 8am-12pm. The tech may not get the repair until 2pm. We aren't given a list of customers to see for the day. When we finish one ticket we hit a button on your laptop to get another ticket. Plus AT&T are also add more ticket as the day goes. So it can be a big headache for the techs also because we never know what we are getting.

AT&T Apple Iphoneupgrade eligability

Earlier today I got off the phone with AT&T Customer service and they were not helpful whatsoever. A phone on my account had been listed as currently being eligable for an iPhone Upgrade on December 6th 2009. So, we planned to upgrade the phone as close to Christmas as possible because we did not want to disrupt the current user's cell phone usage since the iPhone must be activated on site at an Apple or AT&T store upon purchasing. This gift was suppossed to be a suprise. So, today, Decmber 19th, 2009, we went online to set everything up for upgrading the phone in question and AT&T has now pushed back the eligiblity date back to July of 2010!?!?!

We called AT&T and they were no help. Customer service became argumentative when we were trying to resolve the issue and find out what happened to the eligiblity for the upgrade on the particular phone line in question. Not only did they raise their voices, they also refused to listen to the information we had regarding the eligibility for the iPhone upgrade (we had printouts stating that we were eligible).

As a result, we are now out of luck for getting the $199 price for the 16g 3GS iPhone. Nobody at AT&T could tells us why the date was pushed back and they didn't seem to care either. All we wanted to do was get the upgrade and extend the contract on our account.

Too bad for AT&T, they get an 'F' for customer service and support. Dealing with them reminded me of dealing with collection companies back when I worked as a Credit Analyst. They were pushy, argumentative, unwilling to listen, and did not even present logical reasoning behind the answers they provided. It seemed as if they were reading from a script.

Now why did AT&T push back the date 7 months back on us for this upgrade? I don't know. Maybe AT&T doesn't want to provide customer satisfaction? Maybe they want to lose our business?

All I can say is that I am very displeased with how I was treated and how this simple Christmas Gift turned into a 2 hour ordeal over the phone without any resolution. I personally am planning to take my current account and move over to TMoblie. I will also be unlocking the iPhones we currently have on our account since Apple and AT&T are in bed with each other and won't allow the phone to be used on other networks.

With that said, congratulations AT&T on losing a customer! Happy holidays!

AT&T Landline Servicefraudulent billing practices; horrible custoemr service

While there are few companies anywhere that can survive while indifferently shrugging its corporate shoulders at the needs or desires of its customers, AT&T continues to find ways to grow and prosper despite leaving tidal waves of disenchantment in its wake. They give the world an awful lot to not like.

Still, indifference is one thing, but it’s quite another to embrace a corporate tactic of foisting open disdain on customers. I’ve been on the receiving end of just such a tactic.

I’ve never had the misfortune or desperation to have to engage AT&T for wireless services, but I’m in an area where there are scant few options for landline service. For years AT&T was my local telephone company, providing service that was steady, if unremarkable. For a very long time, that was good enough for me.

All of that changed in March of 2009. That was when I was talked into expanding my relationship with AT&T. That was when I discovered that after 15 years of measuring customer satisfaction for a living, I still had no idea just how spectacularly arrogant and incompetent a company could be. That was when I became aware that AT&T may very well be the antichrist of customer service.

And worse for me, that was when I discovered that not only does AT&T not give a hill of beans what anyone thinks of them; not only do they seemingly have no sense of wrong and right; but the evidence seems to suggest that what they do is very profitable for them. They are trying to lighten my pockets by over $6, 000.00, and the basis of their claim to that money is a long, long tale of failed service, contractual breaches, open lies and, in my opinion, outright fraud.

Months ago it became evident that resolving what they have done will probably entail the services of lawyers, so I began to document my experiences with them. I have posted the tale at: http://www.iqsurvey.com/blog/?cat=6 . Fair warning; it’s a long story. But, it's also a story that has left many people shaking their head in disbelief.

Many, many people have had trouble with AT&T. I wonder how many have had this much trouble.

Martin, Janet Jan 23, 2018

No land line and internet service since January 15, 2018. I contacted Customer Service, the company first attempted to trouble shoot the problem over the phone but could not solve the issue and then indicated that the problem was outside of the home and they would need to send a service technician to fix the problem. The first available date given was January 30, 2018 (14 days without land line or internet service). I have called multiple times to request a more expedited service date and was told that all of their technicians are busy and there is a back log of requested service. The Customer Service person said that their back log should be cleared up in two weeks and service calls would be answered more quickly. Due to this outage, I have now exceeded my available data from my cell phone provider and am being charged $15 per overage. I have a son in college who relies on the internet to complete his work assignments and communicate with his teachers. If it were not for the fact that we have cell phones, we would be cut off from all communications. I was truly disgusted when the Customer Service rep started in on their sale's pitch about bundling service. I told him that if I had bundled my service (landline, internet, cell phone and cable) I would have no way to communicate at all. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and for AT&T to have a 14 day response time to a service call is unacceptable.

• El
                                  Elle bee Jan 08, 2018

I posted this on YELP today.
                                  This review is for AT&T landline repair. My landline has been out for a month. AT&T finally showed up today. I showed the repair person the low line in the backyard and mention the dangling wires on the telephone pole in the backyard surrounded only by a plastic bag. He said the plastic bag was "pretty standard" . He said he was going to get his ladder and test the connection to the house. 90 seconds later he knocks and tells me the problem is in my house. Guess he did not realize I could see him through my window and he did not test the line! I have made another appointment and must wait another week for another repair person to show. I guess this guy didn't want to do his job because it was raining.This guy is "pretty standard" in my experience with AT&T. Last time I needed repair I had to file an FCC report to get them to do their job. I may have to do that again. Very displeased with AT&T. I have been a customer for over 30 years. They are always willing to take my money, yet unwilling to do much for it!

• Da
                                  dave_sho Jun 18, 2012

at&t is doing this to everyone.i have to call them every month to have these charges taken off my bill, what can we do to stop this?

• Ba
                                  Barry Scheidler Apr 06, 2011

Worst service ever. Nightmare to deal with this company.

• My issue has to do with being billed for a long distance call that was NOT made from my home. I was not home when the call initiated, however, at 81 minutes in length, I would have walked in on someone using my phone when I returned home. I suspect someone connected to the pedestal with a butt set and made the 81 minute call at my expense. AT&T not only refuses to remove the call from my bill, but on three different occasions has proceeded to transfer me, disconnect me and generally brush me off with no intention of helping me get to the bottom of the problem. Each attempt at trying to resolve the issue from asking to speak to a supervisor or the Fraud Department has taken an hour and a half of my time only to be placed on endless HOLD and eventually disconnected when they get tired of transferring me from person to person. Your description of "AT&T may very well be the antichrist of customer service" and "AT&T does not give a hill of beans what anyone thinks of them; not only do they seemingly have no sense of wrong and right; but the evidence seems to suggest that what they do is very profitable for them" is so well said, I had to copy and paste it. They have themselves so well insulated that it is virtually impossible to penetrate the Sales Dept. which is disguised as Customer Service in order to speak to anyone who will actually LISTEN to you and attempt to find a mutually agreeable solution. Their protocol seems to be "keep transferring until the customer gives up."

AT&T Wirelessvery unhappy with their customer service

For Christmas I took my 2 sons to Costco to the AT&T station to let them pick out their new phones. The AT&T representative sold my boys on the blackberry pearl. I requested insurance (because they were for 2 BOYS) added the extra's my boys wanted and after 1 1/2 hours later, we left the store. 1 month later my youngest son lost his phone and when I went to the AT&T store to have it replaced I was not only told that I never had insurance on the phones but these phones WERE NOT INSURABLE from the get go. I am so angry that AT&T who boasts on their website of integrity, values and treating customers with respect would misrepresent their products and then do NOTHING to help correct the situation. I am very unhappy with their customer service.

Martina Vaslovik Mar 31, 2019

I had AT&T phones for years, and never had an issue until recently, when GPS stopped working on my phone. It's vital for me to have GPS for my job. So I took my phone to an AT&T store, and after waiting for it to open late with only one employee there I was given a run-around about my problem and no help at all. So I went to a second AT&T store, where again there was only one employee working, and she had a line of people waiting for her. I could not wait, I was working, so I left. The next day I went to yet another AT&T store, where again there was only one person working and a line of people waiting. I waited as others gave up and left, and was finally told they could not help me because of their rules on my plan. That was it.

I went to the new Verizon store half a block from my home and got a new phone, at a better rate and dumped AT&T right then and there. The Verizon store was a huge contrast to the AT&T stores, they had lots of people helping their customers and I was greeted warmly as soon as I entered, then helped in short order. I left happy with my new phone that works. I do not recommend AT&T to anyone. Their service is lousy, and they do not support their customers. If you go to their stores you will wait a very long time just to talk to the one person working there. That's just unacceptable in my book!

• Ce
                                    Cell international Nov 16, 2013

AT&T is the worst! Be aware of how they avoid giving you the full information when signing on. Although AT&T had a worse than others deal on minutes and data usage for subscription, I signed on as they had that big push and commercials about how they let you unlock the phone when going to Europe. I before finalize purchase at several occasions asked to confirm I can unlock the phone when travel and they said yes, and did not inform about any conditions attached to unlocking. Well as it turns out, first time I called prior to my August vacation they informed I had been in my subscription for 3 months yet therefore could it not be unlocked. Now when I 6 month into my subscription call, they inform I can only get it unlocked if I terminate my contract, with a $275 fee!
                                    I want to make everyone aware, do NOT choose AT&T, not only are they more expensive, they are dishonest and does not fully inform you if you ask questions! I can not recommend AT&T to anyone!

• Ap
                                    applejuice100 May 30, 2010

that's why you should never go to costco for your phones because the employees at costco aren't at&t employees...you should have gone to a corporate store to get the right information. That's not at&t's fault, but costco's fault for giving you the wrong information

• Al
                                    alicia27 Dec 15, 2009

Yes she can.She can go to directcomplaint.com. I just used them because AT&T SOMEHOW LOWERED MY MINTUTES! and i was charges $300 in fees, but i filed a cell phone/wireless complaint form and got $300 taken off my bill. I totally agree with you, but your the consumer, the power is in your hands, use it! soo go to directcomplaint.com!
                                    good luck!

ATT U-Verse (yet again)crappy product and service

WOW you suck- This is my third time complaining I think - because this is much easier and less time consuming than trying to get your lethargic customer service to respond to problem(s). Your questionable product is failing for the sixth time in 18 months of service - at the worst possible moment. The skipping screen and digitizing/pixelating playback viewing makes it impossible for me or my children to enjoy THE SERVICE WE PAY YOU FOR. Let me just say - If I were interested in professional sports like some of my friends, and this were a bowl game, you could expect a freaking lawsuit right now. Nope, I have resolved to do what I can do in this situation thanks to your crappy customer help - I will not cancel service, I will not call you anymore, I will simply apply my negative energy to boards like this one and COST YOU AS MUCH POTENTIAL BUSINESS AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE! You suck, your product is buggy, over-hyped, and false advertised, and THE REST OF THE WORLD NEEDS TO KNOW. In the unlikely event that one of your upper management CEOs is reading complaints like this - I hope your corporate jet crashes into the side of Mount Whitney for making money off of this product you [censored]. Your customer service is terrible, it is obvious you don't care and think your time is worth more than your customer's. Well I am sorry that you fell into that trap - good 'ol USA free market competition will tune your ### up soon enough. But in the mean time- -Thanks for NOTHING! Your customer service will not fix the problems with your product - it is not infrastructure HELLO! this is fiber-optic, and I have already fixed everything your ###ed installer botched during the setup. - Nope there is nothing left to do except actually send someone else out to fix it which you will apparently NOT do without wasting hours of MY TIME first. Well #$%^ you and the horse on which you rode in! Soon someone crazier than I will probably act out worse than complaining and then you will start paying attention. MERRY CHRISTMAS YOU [censored]ES, (although you wouldn't know it by our TV programming.)

AT&Toutrageous international charges

I was hit with an outrageous international call charge. I was charged $10.55 per minute for a call to Afghanistan to talk to my son who is serving in the U.S. Army. The first 3 calls were not answered but I was charged $10.55 for those unanswered calls. The fourth call, he answered and we talked for a total of 20 minutes. My international charge for a total of 23 minutes was $242.65. This does not include the "FED UNIVERSAL SERVICE FUND" fee, STATE and MUNINCIPAL taxes for a grand total of $290.90. This is only the international charge and does not include my normal domestic phone charges.
                                    I feel that this is an absolute injustice and although I know that most international calls are important to those making them, the fact that families of our American soldiers can not talk to them and hear their voices and visa versa, is disgusting. My son, along with thousands of sons, daughters, husbands, wives, sisters and brothers, are being punished for being in a foreign country, fighting for OUR freedom. They need to hear familiar voices. They need to hear "I love you", instead of reading it in an email or letter. We, as parents and loved ones, need to hear our soldiers laughter, sorrow, anger or any other emotion that they want to share. It sickens me that AT&T abuses the American people by charging these ridiculous fees. It sickens me that after receiving that first 'international' bill most will not be making those calls to say "I love you".
                                    What does it take to fight this unfair, overpriced violation? How do we as Americans and military families change this? I don't know but one thing I do know... I would love to send AT&T's upper management to the Middle East, set them down in the middle of a desert and tell them "You aren't going to talk to any of your loved ones for 1 1/2 years and by the way, your life is in constant danger and they may NEVER hear your voice again"
                                    Those of us who can't afford these phone calls are, in a sense, being told the very same thing. I'm disgusted. I'm angry. I'm heartbroken.
                                    I received the bill yesterday(Friday) and will be calling AT&T Monday to contest the charge. I'm sure I will get nowhere but they will definitely know my thoughts on this matter. Does anyone have any ideas how we can fight for our rights and actually be heard?

Susan Ovadia
                                    Proud Army MP Mom
                                    Ohio
                                    [protected]@att.net

• Jm
                                        jmort Feb 07, 2010

I am shocked by the level of poor customer service, and the unwillingness to stand behind advertised offers. Today, after going to the u-verse website, to see advertised promotions, they had a large screen devoted to the current special of $400 back when ordering the triple bundle. After putting all of the required items in my cart to receive the $400 back, I clicked on the link that says "what promotions would my order be eligible for", and it continually said only $300 back. After trying this several times, I decided to do an online Chat/Customer Service support. I was first told that the offer expired. I said no, it says under offer details that the deal runs from 2/7-2/10, 2010. Then he said simply that internet deals are subject to change.

Now, from what I can see, this is bait and switch, which I thought was illegal. He said they would change the main website to reflect these changes, but as of 2 hours later, it still says $400 back. For the unassuming who placed the order thinking that they were going to get the advertised $400, they have a surprise coming.

The customer representative provided no help, and clearly didn't care if I decided to become a customer or not. I hate Time Warner, but I will choose a known devil over this mess. This indicates to me that they are dishonest, unhelpful, and not worth doing business with.

I have screen captures of these great 'deals', along with my chat log, which I will be sending to all the relevant parties. I am disgusted, and will be canceling my phone and internet, that I currently carry through AT&T.

Buyer Beware is an understatement.