Aspen Dental / terrible customer service and expensive

1 Fitchburg, MA, United States Review updated:

I've been to Aspen Dental four times in the last year. The first time they 'lost' my appointment and said I'd have to reschedule... even though I had my appointment card with me. Despite my complaints, I rescheduled.

Second time I went they did only my x-rays and then told me I needed to schedule a cleaning -separately-... who does that??

Third time I went I had to wait just over an hour over my appointment time to finally get in for my cleaning. The cleaning went well; no complaints there. The cost was reasonable ($70) and I was happy besides the wait.

Fourth time I went, today (May 13, 6 months later), I waited over an hour AGAIN... my appointment was at 4. I checked in at 3:50 and sat for nearly an hour. Finally, i went to the counter to ask how much longer it would be and 10 minutes or so later I was taken in. Keep in mind they close at 5 so I was fearing a rush job cleaning. For some reason they INSISTED that I have x-rays done AGAIN (just had them done 6 months ag0). I had to actually refuse before they dropped the idea. When I got to the chair I sat for another 10 minutes. Finally the hygienist came in and used the pick to clean between my teeth for about 10 minutes... picking too far in and making me bleed everywhere. She kept apologizing for it so I figure it wasn't supposed to happen. Then she said I'd have to come back at a later date for the polishing and everything else as my gums were bleeding! I imagine it was more the fact that it was now 5:20... they were closed. I went to pay and was greeted with a $160 bill!!! $160 to scrape my teeth for literally 10 minutes. I asked if this was including my near future visit to finish my cleaning and I was told no.

Needless to say I'm done with Aspen Dental... I've never had a good experience and their pricing is VERY shady...

Aa

Comments

• St
      10th of Jun, 2009

It is unbelievable the amount of complaints this company has. I was one of there "office managers" or should I say high pressure salesperson. Everything, every complainant says I agree with. This business is not about providing quality dentistry. It is about making money off the under served dental community. It is disgraceful. Please spread the word before more people lose there hard earned money and there TEETH!

• Ca
      1st of Sep, 2009

I just spent 3 hrs at the Wausau, WI office & now I am worried. I did all my x-rays, exam & then off to the finance office. I knew I was getting full dentures. I chose the most expensive due to my age & the fact that they are guaranteed for 7 years vs a cheaper model. I was rather shocked when I got the bill for today (the exam & xrays were FREE)...was $2690. I didn't get anything itemized but intend to call them tomorrow & get an itemized list. If the exam & the xrays were free & the dentures are $1599 (less at $600 coupon) was is the other $1691 for? I did have impressions done but they can't possibly cost $1691! Maybe it is the follow up appt or the "healing" dentures. The follow up appt will be the day after I get my extractions (at an oral surgeon) & then 6 mos later I will get permanent dentures. I definitely need an itemized bill. I don't know that my insurance will just send me a check like they said. Now I wish I would have seen this before I spent all this money & hopefully the dentures will fit (I have an extremely small mouth)...