Menu
Comfort Dental
reviews & complaints

Comfort Dental
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

20 complaints
3 resolved 17 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Comfort Dental. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
5:07 pm EDT

Comfort Dental - I cannot seem to find anyone in the office who cares about me as a patient

I have tried to help with getting comfort dental my insurance information since nay 16...it's not june 8th...I even had the insurance company place a call which I was on hold for to help get them the insurance info they needed on the quote that's be completed and they simply put her on hold and left her. I called yet again and told the lady I'll have to find another oral surgeon because I desperately need this surgery I have an infected and exposed tooth and she simply said ...ok!

Are u kidding me? I thought this was supposed to be a dentist that cared..

Desired outcome: I would have lived to see these people care about my pain as much as they claim ...noone do far cared at all.

4:37 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Comfort Dental - Dentist attempted to fill gaps of my teeth without my knowledge or permission

I went to Comfort Dental on May 12th, 2022 to have cavities filled and a few chipped teeth fixed. The dentist/dental hygienist completed my cavities and then moved onto the chipped teeth which were 3 of the 4 front teeth, the 2 front and the tooth right of the right front tooth. From what I understood all they had to do was was fill in the chips. When they finished my teeth they informed me that they attempted to fill the gaps of my teeth without my knowledge or permission and that the only way I can fix the gaps is through braces. I also found that they did not do just do the 3 teeth as they were supposed to do. They also did the 4th front tooth without my permission or knowledge. They also elongated all 4 front teeth, and when I attempted to ask them to shorten just one of them they acted as if that was an issue and sighed before telling me to show them before they finally drilled down the tooth that is to the right of my front right tooth. All 4 teeth are practically encapsulated in bonding which wasn't what I had been told they were going to do. My 2 front teeth are sharp in between them from then drilling how the excess bonding that they attempted to use to close the gaps but they left them extremely long and now they are digging into my lower lip, the gap between my front teeth are 3 times worse, the sharp edges inbetween are cutting the inside of my upper lip, and I have not been able to stop crying from what they have done to my smile. I went in for a routine thing of getting cavities filled and a few chipped teeth fixed only to have it end in a nightmare that has destroyed my self esteem and confidence in any dentist.

The pictures attached are to show what they had done to my teeth, the one that has my mouth slightly open was taken today may 13th 2022 and the 2nd picture was taken yesterday 3 or 4 hours before I went to the dentist.

View 0 more photos
W
12:36 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have called this facility many of times only for it to ring and eventually take me to the voicemail, I have to leave many many voicemails to get a callback or even a confirmation on my next appointment, I have called or at least tried to call to make my payment and they never answer so when I show up for my next appointment they try to charge me a late...

T
1:45 pm EST

Comfort Dental - Root Canal

I received a root canal procedure on a broken tooth. My tooth was not in pain, it was just something that the dentist noticed during a dental visit. He completed the root canal. A few days later, i noticed pain in the tooth and made an appointment to return. I was informed by him that he could have left nerves in the tooth that were too small for him to get with his technology, so he gave me a referral to an Endodontist. After being seen, they informed me that i would have to receive a retreat on the tooth which cost $900, also not covered by my insurance… not to mention another $600 for a crown to protect the tooth which is also not covered by insurance.

I am upset that I have not only bad to pay all of the money for a tooth that bad no initial pain, but to retract someone’s crappy dental work.

As a single parent, this is taking a toll on my life and my personal well being. Experiencing all if this pain, taking off time from work, paying all of this money to save a tooth and still trying to hold it together is taking me down emotionally, financially mentally and physically at this point.

Desired outcome: Pain relief at no additional cost to me financially, emotionally and physically.

J
12:25 pm EDT

Comfort Dental - Doctor Alsaffar and dental assistant Latoya

Doctor Alsaffar

Dental assistant Latoya

I was under the impression that I had filled all my cavities until Friday October 15, 2021 when I began to experience my tooth aching and throbbing. I couldn't eat on one side and I could let hot or cold beverages touch that side. So the next day Saturday October 16, 2021 I call comfort dental to schedule an appointment to get that tooth filled. I've experienced a cavity before so I knew that pain and that sensitivity was nothing to dismiss.

My appointment date comes around and I explained to the dental assistant Latoya my concerns. I showed where the pain and sensitivity was coming from and explained to her how I'm not able to eat on that side. She proceeds to take photos and x rays. On one of the photos I saw a black dot that I had seen in the mirror at home. She continues to dismiss the black dot and takes another x ray.

Then she sends Doctor Alsaffar who tells me that she does not see anything. The reason why she didn't see anything is because she was looking at a side image of my teeth and the cavity was at the bottom. She proceeds to tell me that I need to floss more and that will solve my tooth ache and sensitivity. She also says that if I'm still experiencing pain I should come back in 14 days.

I'm writing this complaint because my concerns were not heard by professionals paid to solve my tooth problems. Once I was home I called comfort dental and told them the story and that I would like to schedule another appointment with my primary doctor and dental assistant. I am very disappointed that I have to see two doctors just to get my cavity filled, just to have my voice heard. I am not making this pain up and I am not gonna be told to floss more because that will heal my cavity.

How dare they call themselves professionals. How dare they not do their job correctly. Dismissing my concerns as if they are me experiencing my tooth pain is so devastating. I'm not gonna have tooth ache for 14 more days only to come back and they tell me the same thing. Absolutely not.

Desired outcome: Hold them accountable for not doing their job correctly.

K
2:33 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My son required his wisdom teeth as well another tooth extracted. Comfort Dental required me to pay for the service in full just to make the appointment even though we have insurance. I paid the $4, 659.10 (mind you, during a global pandemic), and the appointment was scheduled and service was rendered, back in September of 2020. As for January 2021, I have...

W
11:27 pm EST

Comfort Dental - Failed to warn me of life changing consequences of my treatment that could have been resolved another way

I went to comfort dental and was told I needed dentures. I had all my teeth pulled and was given immediate dentures that never would fit my mouth, bcuz the assistant who did my impressions messed them up & was told this right in front of me. She still denied any error as did the dentist. But a few years later I was told by another dentist the dentures do not and never did fit my mouth. After 18 months of adjusting these dentures I was finally told I am a rare person who cannot wear a denture after all, and would need implants instead. I was not told then or in the beginning that what I really had going on was severe bone loss that was there from prior extractions, that was exspected to get worse once my remaining teeth were pulled. There was an alternative treatment that would have prevented all my further bone loss, but this was never mentioned either. It has literally destroyed the rest of my life. I was very beautiful when I went in there but not anymore. I don't even look like the same person. I Now cannot wear dentures or get implants, & that's what the dentist later said I would need to do since he couldn't make the dentures fit. (But he never told me I should hurry due to all my further bone loss that would continue happening . and I am only 41. I was 36 when they did this to me. Come to find out all but 1 of my teeth were savable, & the dentist lied to me. These guys are absolutely horrible people . My life will never be the same and going to this dental office is the biggest regret of my life!

Desired outcome: I want it fixed . I’m at the point of suicide, but I don’t foresee it ever happening

K
4:17 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

They gave me my dentures before all my teeth were pulled and now Dental Quest is denying service. The manager told me it would be covered, So I'm stuck with teeth in my mouth that need to be pulled and dentures that werent even fitted. They are useless to me. They denied sedation, which I need as I am petrified of dentists and would have a panic attack. Also they are denying the xray as one was done in February.

D
10:29 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had 3 extractions and a lower denture with a horrible outcome. They gave me the immediate denture. That came a week and a half later. If I had known how bad it was. I would've waited for a better one that took longer. My extractions are so swollen two weeks later and hurt. They look so yucky. The dentist cut my mouth with the drill blade. It was so...

Y
4:36 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to comfort dental in grand junction co. They were to pull all my teeth and give me immediate dentures. They ended up charging my insurance company 1515.00 for a set of dentures they only paid 340.00 for and the quality was 340. They billed me for surgical extractions, i was never aware of, and did not receive. They charged my insurance for complete...

G
8:57 am EDT

Comfort Dental - appointment for a root canal

On July 12th I had an appointment for a root canal with Dr. Amy at the Lafayette office ( 535 W South Boulder Rd Suite 200, Lafayette, CO 80026).

Not only I waited over 1 hour to be seated, but they didn't have that special plastic wrap that keeps bacteria away. Dr Amy tried to use a plastic glove instead of that wrap. Are you kidding me? That is the opposite of hygienic. Dentist numbed me really good and kept disappearing while the assistant gave me Nitrus. For a bit nobody was a round, I could have passed out or died from the Nitrus, nobody was around.

Then Dr Amy said we have to reschedule, after giving me gas, numbing me up, keeping my mouth open with the blocks. Why couldn't they cancel before I even went to the appointment? Or at least not numbing my whole mouth up!

After this huge fuckup I should have been offered a huge discount from that $1600 root canal.

Huge disappointment. Never going back.

J
2:28 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Okay this place seriously fucked me over. One they never cleaned under my gums which now (after transferring to a dentist that knows what they are doing) apparently i have Periodontitis gum disease (they showed me in all the xrays and pictures they took of my teeth. they molded a mouth guard that i dont think fits very well (that costed $300) because it...

10:38 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We became effective as providers with your company in July 2018. Throughout this enrollment process, we have made several corrections in regards to adding our suite number and correction of fax number through email, by submitting a letter and also through the credentialing department personally with Mellisa Hernandez. During the course of this time we have...

M
11:29 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to a new dentist close to my house Confort Dental in East Paseo Del Norte 700 San Pedro Drive Suite C5 for the first time because I had a pen full tooth and he said he fixed but after he did the work and charge me about $3.000 the tooth still is painful and want this dentist to refund my money.Swe because we are very tied to the budget, Can you...

R
3:00 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Horrible denture experience. Dentist -Dr.Merchant worked with me and got to next to last final stage with teeth in wax and the bottom teeth were bigger than the top. So reluctantly he started over. The next time we got to same stage teeth looked ok but had me bleeding from the gum line from the dentures shaving layers of skin off but was reassured that he...

S
8:57 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In 2007 we selected this Comfort Dental as our family dentist. In 2010 I became suspicious of their billing practices when they charged me $86 cost share for a procedure that cost $80. The office did not correct this issue and ignored any communication I attempted to make so I went to another dentist. Shortly thereafter my family followed. On January 18...

9:28 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This facility has poor service, incompetent staff who will not take responsibility for any actions, and a medical staff that should stay far away from patients. Do not go there if you do not want to be treated rudely. Do not go there if you don't want to pay for consultations that they refuse to follow up on. They will charge you excessively for your...

P
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dr. Stafford at falcon comfort dental is a butcher. He popped a crown off during an extraction then he glued it back even though he saw some decay that the x - ray did not detect instead of fixing the cavity. Then he told me that the gluing was "temporary" which he later said was permanent. Then he admittedthat the crown will have to be broken off to fix...

6:39 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I got dentures from there and I've been having problems with them fitting in my mouth. They say there is nothing they can do for me unless I pay more money. I paid my money and they should fit my mouth correctly and I should not have to pay more. They have hung up the phone on me. They gave me my x rays because they said they can't use them anyway cause...

I
4:34 pm EDT

Comfort Dental - Bad service

I would like to say that I will Not be going back to John Halmaghi D.D.S. Every time I have seen him he acts rushed and irritated when seeing me and my husband. He doesn't say hello, he talks down to the dental hygenist! He rolled his eyes at me when I asked him politley if he could fix a small chip on my front tooth. Then he actually shaved my tooth to look down uneven with the other front tooth (which easily could have been corrected) I think he may be in the wrong profession. He is an unpleasant man who does not allow one to ask questions, and has an arrogant diva type attitude. However, Ingrida Dapkute D.M.D is very nice and polite and allows her patients to ask questions. She makes you feel like you are welcome to be there. I just feel sorry for her and the rest of the staff that has to work with him. I have never in my life been so disappointed in a Dentist. Yikes!

4 comments
G
Feb 08, 2021 6:20 am EST

Horrible, horrible service! Un professional, border line racist!

A
Apr 11, 2016 2:30 pm EDT

I was seen at Comfort Dental by Dr Bromell and Dr John
Dr John pulled a tooth that was not to be pulled...then came to me saying he needed to
Pull that tooth because it was loose...knowing he had already pulled the wrong tooth

When I went to Dr Bromell regarding the matter of loosing a tooth that was not necessary to be pulled
She told me there was nothing she could do because she was not there that day
When I asked her for my ex rays to prove the tooth was fine when Dr John pulled the tooth
Dr Bromell refused...they should not be practicing at all...very sad and I am taking further action

Jul 03, 2012 5:55 am EDT

I agree that Comfort Dental has a bunch of Hacks. They always want to take x-rays and will not give you your dental information that HIPPA requires them to provide. Never use any Comfort Dental office. They should be put out of business

T
Jun 02, 2012 6:06 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

It sucks when a dentist says he cleaned your teeth to your insurance company just to get the money!

Comfort Dental contacts