Ashley Furniture Homestore / warranty

1 3025 Paxson St.Missoula, MT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 406-542-2222

Since day one we have had problems with our couch. It came in with the sewing coming undone. The first month we had springs popping off the back of one of the recliners, sewing coming undone on the couch and multiple places. Cushions getting flat and becoming bunched up. The backing or stuffing was falling out of all the backs of the seats. Our ottoman drawer was broken and the casters keep breaking. They tried to fix it by screwing screws in the casters but failed. Also in some spots instead of sewing the material they stapled it. It would be like holding 2 pieces of cloth in mid air and stapling them. There is no backing for the staples to go into. We have a bar under the sleeper mattress that is bent and the mattress itself has been used maybe a month total and has holes in it from the springs. They have lied saying our dogs have taken a crap on our couch . They said my wife said our dogs pooped on our couch and I was standing right there. It was a lie. That never happened. Our dogs are potty trained. I did lose my cool with customer service because of this. Then Big Sky Upholstery (a repair company)said it was customer and dog abuse that is why our couch is falling apart. They also said when they were here doing repairs our dogs are trying to chew through the door to get out. Also a lie. I took pictures of our couch and the door to show proof of them lying and to show the problems on our couch Here is the website that the pictures are on. http://spokane.app.bbb.org/complaint/view/27020495/c/we3p1m (Complaint ID#: 27020495) I have emailed Sandra from the triple B with more pics they are not on the website yet.
I have tried with the triple B but Ashley Furniture refuses to go to arbitration

Comments

• Cp
      4th of Mar, 2009

I have the same issue with my Ashley living room set I purchased only in June 2006. During the first year I had to have the repair guy out to fix a problem with a staple on the back of the sofa where I had cut my finger. Now I have the same problem with my loveseat and a staple coming out and has a sharp edge. the cushions are so flat it feels like you sit on a rail. Of course no waranty left. I will never buy Ashley again.

13th of May, 2009

I purchased furniture from the Ashley furniture company at 3297 Dredge Dr in Helena on March 22nd 2009. My sales contract states that the furniture would be delivered in 6 weeks and the salesman stated that current deliveries were taking 4-5 weeks. I am currently at 8 weeks and have now been told they "guess" another 2 weeks! I have to call the store repeatedly to ask where my furniture is (as no one has bothered to contact me) only to be told 1.) their not sure (???) 2.)that the delivery date I was given was when the furniture would go from their warehouse in Wisconsin to there shipping warehouse somewhere else in the midwest. As of today I will be looking at it POSSIBLY being in my home in 12 or more weeks. The contract covers refund policies which, at this point would due to the time it has taken them, will cost me a few hundred dollars to go somewhere else to get furniture. I have also found that the State of Arizona brought a successful action against them for fraudulent practices (decided in favor of the state) in January 2008 for the same reasons and more that I am inquiring about. I have attempted to contact the company to no avail and cannot get any information from the Helena store.

• Al
      16th of Jul, 2009

Ashley furnitures prices are considerably less than competitors, and yet you expect the same quality. They say you get what you pay for, and it applies here.

We purchased an Ashley Couch and oversized chair a year ago, and they've done their job. They're not fantastic, but they're not aweful either.

I say all of this because I don't want people to get the impression that it's not worth shopping there, just understand you're not buying something that will last you a lifetime.

• Mo
      18th of Jan, 2010

Alex seems to think that because Ashley sells cheap furniture they should also get a pass on misrepresentation and out-and-out lies.

Nobody expects their furniture to last a life-time, but it should last longer than it takes to deliver - which in my case is also over 12 weeks (13 to be exact).

The repairman was out to repair the defects, said he'd order parts and get right back to me with a status update...still waiting to talk to him as he's ALWAYS out of the office.

Alex, you don't always get what you pay for, and less expensive or not, $1200.00 is a significant sum of money for the CRAP products and non-existent service you get from Ashley.

They will NEVER get another penny from me, and if by some chance they do from you...you'll get what you deserve.

Alex doesn't want you to "get the impression that it's not worth shopping there". I don't want to leave any false impressions either.
    IT'S NOT WORTH SHOPPING THERE! Unless you like being cheated and lied to.

caveat emptor.

Oh, and Alex, just a note.
    You can buy furniture with twice the quality for half the price and none of the BS by shopping at Costco.

• Cd
      20th of Aug, 2011

Don't ever buy from Ashley Furnature Home Store. I bought a leather sofa in July 2011 that has already been replaced once due to the leather breaking and cracking and now the second one is doing the same darn thing. Customer service manager Megan is a joke and wants to send a tech out to "fix" the problem. I'm sorry but I don't want it fixed I want my money back! Megan told me I can't have my money back because it's been more than 14 days since I purchased it. Hello it just started happening! You would think Customer Service would be a little better than that I todays economy. When you spend $3000 on furniture you would think it would last a heck of a lot longer than 2 months!!!