Americas Best Eyeglasses / Incompetance

1 Pontiac, MI, United States Review updated:

I have been looking into getting new eyeglasses for the past few months, and decided to try Americas Best in Pontiac. The eye exam was rushed through to the point where the doctor was cutting me off in mid sentence. I was very dissapointed to see that their 2 pair for 69.00 deal was for a very basic package, no scratch resistant coating, and no Anti Reflective coating. After picking out 2 pairs (Glasses and Sunglasses) they proceeded to tell me that the tint of my glasses would be very light because of the lens type. There was almost no point in having this tinting on these glasses because it was so light. I have the same lens type in an older pair of sunglasses, same style and options and the lenses were easially twice as dark. They then explained to me that they could not go any darker than what they showed me and I settled for what they showed me.

2 weeks later I call in to see if my glasses had arrived (it being a day or two past the expected date) and they were in. I drove down to the store (over 40 miles), picked up my glasses, put them on and they just didn't seem right. my right eye seemed perfect while my left eye was struggling to focus. The girl said to just try them for a while and see what happens. A few hours and a headache later, I am wearing the glasses and look at something out of the corner of my eye and see that anything other than the center of the lens is a complete blur.

I go back the next day (40 miles to the shop) and they have me go in and see another doctor. He then re-examines my eyes and tells me that my eyes are OVER A DIOPTER OFF FROM THE FIRST EXAM! I ask him how this can happen and he nor anyone else has a clue. Not only are the lenses not right, but neither is my prescription! The new glasses are ordered and I drive 40 miles back home to wait another 2 weeks.

Today I got a call saying that my glasses are in again so I drive down (240 miles total round trip) to try again, and the perscription is now WAY OFF AGAIN! Instead of being blurry, it is now so sharp and over that my eyes can't even focus with the glasses on.

At this point I tell them that this has cost me 240 miles running back and forth and ask for my money back and they submitted to my request without a problem. They even refunded the cost of the eye exam (45.00) because of the long distance that I had to drive. In the end I am out probably $60.00 for all of the gas burned making the 3 trips.

When I was waiting for them to try to look up my current prescription (perfect pair of glasses from D.O.C when it was still around 7 years ago) A girl was sitting waiting to see the Dr. for a 2nd time for a screw up for contact lenses.

I think I might have better luck mixing and matching broken glass bottles to look through than getting a pair of glasses from this company. Don't be fooled by their low prices! They can probably be considered America's Best Con Artists!

Comments

• Gr
      26th of Aug, 2016
    Americas Best Contacts Eyeglasses - Unprofessional Behavior
    Americas Best Contacts Eyeglasses

I went to the MCDONOUGH, Ga. location on 4/14/11 and the staff was very unprofessional. I wanted to change my eyes glass order. The staff became upset and now everybody customer in their knew why I was their. One customer joined in on the discussion. I asked do you have a Hippa policy in placed and they stated yes but it was obvious it was not being followed. Staff shouted my refund amount across the room for another worker on another computer to do the credit. Long as I was purchasing their was not a problem but change your mind their is drama. I was thinking surely I am not he first person to change my order. I called on 4/28/11 to inquire about the status of my eyeglasses. The worker stated they were completed on 4/25/11 and they are being shipped from the lab. I asked were are the labs she stated they have two labs in foreign countries. When I see the company name you think American made. I will never return to this store to unknowingly support foreign companies. We desperately need the jobs in the U.S. I am sure we have the knowledge and capability to cut some plastic to put in lens.