America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses Logo

America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses

Having problems with America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses?

America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses Customer Service Contacts

2345 Commerce Ave, Building 2200
Duluth, Georgia
Columbus Office

4265 Diplomacy Dr
Columbus, OH 43228 USA

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses Customer Service. Initial America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses. Discuss the issues you have had with America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Americas Best Contacts Eyeglassesstay away at all costs

I and my husband went to the Rock Hill, SC store. We had drove all the way from Statesville, NC to Rock Hill, SC. I checked in @ service desk and the receptionist gave me a mean, jealous look. So I sat and waited (checking to ensure they had not forgot about me at the desk).in the end I waited all day and Never got to see the doctor. Mind you, I've been a patient there before but that didn't matter. The location is too busy to care how long you wait or how far you've driven!

America's Best - Contacts & Eyeglassesfalse advertising.

I recently went to America's Best in response to an advertised deal involving two complete pairs of glasses, lenses, and eye exam for $69.95. I was treated very well, though I felt the initial eye exam was rather quick. The secondary exam by the optometrist was pleasant, and I picked out two good sets of frames for the lenses. [Okay, my girlfriend picked out the frames; she's better at that sort of thing than I am.] When I sat down to pay for my purchase and have the lenses ground, however, I was presented with a bill for $248. Not $69.95. I was taken aback, and the salesgirl explained that the $69 deal only included the basic plastic frames, which she described as flimsy, bulky, easily scratched and damagable, and that for my astigmatism [mild] they strongly suggested that I get the carbon polymer lenses [which is what I assumed I was getting all along anyway], because the plastic lenses weren't appropriate for astigmatism.

I was stunned. I was prepared to pay twice what I expected, figuring I would choose more expensive frames or something like that; I was not prepared to pay nearly 3.5 times the quoted fee. Oh — I should mention that when we first called America's Best about the deal, we were assured that the deal covered all lenses except the transitional light-sensitive lenses, which I wasn't getting.

After reviewing my options, I elected to just go with one set of frames rather than two. However, as it turns out, one set of frames was nearly MORE expensive than just two sets, because now the deal no longer applied. [Which is reasonable, actually.]

Since I felt strongly that I was a) deceived on my original phone call [lied to about inclusion of all types of lenses] and b) felt aggressively pressured by the salesgirl to ignore the deal I had originally expected because the lenses were "not appropriate" for my astigmatism, I simply paid for the eye exam alone [a reasonable $45] and left without glasses.

Had the fact that all types of lenses were NOT included in the deal been told to me in the beginning, rather than being told falsely that they are, I would have happily paid for the $248, had I been quoted it accurately before the whole event took place. Instead, I got an eye exam for a reasonable price, and that is where my life as an America' s Best customer will end. Other companies have more honest advertising, and I will be more prepared for their cost.

• Valerie Oct 12, 2007

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses
        www.twopair.com

I went into America's Best for an eye exam, thinking that I would get two pairs of glasses and an eye exam for $69.00, just like their advertising states. However, after my exam and after getting fitted for glasses, I was informed that my total would be about $248 plus tax. I said to the employee "I thought that it was $69.00 for everything", and she stated "That's for plastic lenses only, and you can't get plastic lenses because of your subscription". I then stated that this was a huge price difference, and told her that their advertising is very misleading and should be changed. She then said "Yeah, most people don't qualify for that offer". So, an admission by the employee of the company that America's Best is advertising an offer that most of their customers can't take advantage of. This is false advertising if you ask me.

• Wi
        william macy Oct 16, 2007

I worked there for 5 years. What a shabbily run outfit! I was a technician, so I had no part in sales, but I saw many times how customers were baited, and switched.

• Te
        Tereasa Mar 03, 2008

I wonder how many out there were prescribed bifocals in order to not qualify for the special? Do you really need bifocals? Hmm Or maybe the doc diagnoses a need for bifocals to all new customers?
        My hubby recently got just that. WOnder why the real eye doc (not America's best doc) didn't prescribe bifocals when he went there the same day? He got glasses with a prescription for farsightedness and no need for bifocals. We also paid on that same day to America's Best about $245.00 for the prescribed 'bifocal'. We did this in order to write an expose and you can look for that soon.

ANyone out there who went to America's Best and was prescribed a bifocal and did not qualify for the 'special' please email me your info.

Thanks.

• Mi
        Michelle Apr 16, 2008

I too became a victim of America's Best. The problem I have is that on my receipt it looks like I was charged double for alot of the items. My $69.99 glasses that I got came up to $183 dollars. The assistant even added on charges that I didn't ask for . I will be returning there first thing tommorrow morning and if they get testy with me I will just tell them to keep the $40 I put down on the lenses and give me my prescription and I will go elsewhere. In fact I might do that anyway. I don't like the looks of that place.

Although I will admit the doctor was very professional and knew his stuff. I know this because the last prescription i got was from a vision specialist who has been in the business for over 25 years and the America's best doctor said my prescription was roughly the same and I didn't really need a strong prescription. So why then did my bill come up to $183?????

• Mi
        Mitch MItchell Jul 19, 2008

I also got the ole bait and swith!!! my tottal was 333$ !!! Buyer beware of this company!!!

Americas Best Contacts Eyeglassesrefuse to give me price

I was given a price of $380.00 for one pair of single vision and one pair of progressive bifocals including exam. They refused to give me the price for just one pair of either kind. After asking 3 times with no answer I asked for a copy of my prescription. I was told because I wasted so much time "Hemming and hawing" the doctor was gone and could not sign it. Now I am being bombarded with automated voice mail advertising from unpublished number and they will not take me off the list. Menus options for opting out of these automated messages just keep going around to the same menus over and over.

• Fu
          FunSportsman Dec 18, 2009

I dunno... maybe next time have some dignity and find a place that will actually sell you quality eyeglasses. Doesn't sound like a great experiance for you? I learned from you mistake.. thanks

• Ti
          Tired of Complaints Jan 26, 2010

So let me get this straight: You expected to get a pair of progressive bifocals, a pair of single vision lenses, 2 frames, and an eye exam for $69.95? I'm always happy to give people like you their prescription so they can go to Lenscrafters and pay $500 dollars for one pair of progressives and another $300 for the single vision pair, and $60 for the exam alone. People who expect high end lenses for $69.95 should do some research first, then actually pay attention to the advertisement. It states that the offer includes single vision plastic lenses only, and some restrictions apply. In other words, not progressives, or any bifocal for that matter. It also excludes any lenses other than thick plastic lenses. So if you want premium lenses, then be prepared to pay premium prices (which are still lower than any other place in your area). Cheap bastad.

• Fu
          FunSportsman Feb 01, 2010

It's not a matter of "Cheap ###"? Rather it's a matter of "BAIT & SWITCH"!! If America's Best or Worst proclaims "more for less" then they should deliver. Otherwise, don't make the offer sound magnificient!!

America's Bestfalse advertising; rash treatment of employees

I worked there as a technician, however I was forced to lie on a day-to-day basis to sell people a "Visual Field Exam" we would charge for $15... if I didn't have 55% every day, I'd be written up.

The Pennsylvanian district manager has repeatedly harrassed several co-workers, including a sexual harrassment on a doctor, and allegedly made death threats against a former manager at another location.

• Am
            ambest Jul 16, 2010

Our company and management do not tolerate any illicit practices by any of our associates, doctors or district managers and take immediate action in addressing and eliminating the situation with our zero tolerance policy. We value our customers and the service that they receive. Please contact our Customer Relations department at 800.637.3597 to further address your concerns.

America's Best — overall bad experience

I just wanted to air some complaints about my recent visit to America's Best. This was my first time there...

America's Bestrude employees

For the second time in two years I took my son in for his exam. Last year I made an appointment for him and they forgot about us and it took over two hours. They apologized and I just thought it was a bad day and left it at that. That is until today, I again made an appointment. We were there ten minutes before. There were 3 people ahead of me. That was fine and then 4 more people walked in after us and I over heard them telling the clerk their appointment times and all were after mine. All 4 people were called before my son. We had already been waiting for over an hour. I walked out, but not before yelling at the clerks for their once again very rude and unprofessional behavior. I will never go again. I don't care if it is a good deal. I would rather spend more money and be treated with the respect that we all deserve!

• Da
              David Nicholson Oct 09, 2008

Rud employees !! the employees did not explain my contract to me! My contacts to me. I was charged 133.61 for thinking that I had a 5 year contract.The paper states contacts are 12.19.
              the statement I received I had to pay 17.99. This service I fell is not at all what I they seem to be!!!

• To
              Tony Oct 13, 2008

I have been a patient of Americas Best for over five years, and finally decided that I would go else where. I totally agree with the previous complaint. I do not want to to say all Americas Best have the same attitude but I know the one in IL on Golf Rd. does. Each time my eye club membership expires I would never get any reminder notices, which I think that this will help assist in the follow up skills that they are lacking in this locations. At one point they marked my wrong age in my chart, and claimed that I had exam for glasses, and not contacts. Please be advised my schedule is busy, so I knowck out two birds with one stone. The rep obviously didn't document in the chart, or something. Everytime I go to this eye place I would see a different eye doctor, which is in my opinion different.
              I also would have them go back and forth with me regarding my last exam, and once again no reminder notice. In my opinion I think that the management are not really understanding to the definition of CUSTOMER SERVICE. I have witnessed, and dealt with the sales associates become comfrontational with customers like we are children. I would constantly have to have them placing me on hold for long periods of time looking for my charts, and questioning me am I at the right location. I'm not a lazy person, but work two jobs. I trully think that instead of saying that wonderful long greeting that they should learn to fine tune details, and follow up service. I trully feel that this company has really good specials, but is it worth the aggravation to save 10.00 or so.

America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses — wrong prescription

After the initial rude treatment for not ordering all the extras they try to force on you I finally received...

America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses — thieves

I purchased the 2 for one deal. I did pay for the extra coverage (3yrs.). I was living in Metairie, LA at the...

America's Best Contacts & Eyeglassesglasses were not ready in two weeks time

I called every other day to see if my order was ready. I was serviced on 05/12/08. I called the morning of 05/27/08 to see if my order was ready, then I was informed that the frame I wanted was out of stock, so I had to go back and select another frame. Mind you no one called to let me know the frame was not in stock. I was told the morning of 05/27/08 when I called. Also my second pair was supposed to be only tinted lens they had bifocal put on the tinted pair. They were not to be bifocal only to block the sun. This was my first time using your company, I am not pleased with the service at all

• Do
                DON OCONNELL Mar 07, 2009

I went to Americas Best for contacts . Because I have never worn contacts before I had to attend a class on how to install and remove them . I am 44 years old and because I have never had to do this before it was difficult to say the least ! My situation was only compounded by the lack of patience demonstrated by the staff at Americas Best . Because the weekends are so busy for them I was told that I must return on a week day to finish this so called class . I am in the trades and it is very difficult for me to this as I have explained to the manager at the location in Tinley Park Il . I find it disturbing that the were not that busy on weekend to except my $89, 00.00 . I believe Americas Best Contacts and Eyeglasses is a foreign owned company, perhaps its parent company is Americas Best Contacts and Eyeglasses of Russia because they only serve you when they TEll you to come in and not when it is convenient for the consumer. I am not all at pleased with Americas Best Contacts and Eye Glasses . THIS COMPANY IS NOT AMERICAS BEST!!

• Pa
                pat Mar 18, 2009

I disagree. I think the staff and service was wonderful.

• Js
                JShaft33 Oct 02, 2009

I think to understand how America's Best can offer such a great value, you have to understand that they are making money by selling volume. You can go sit in LensCrafters and get served in 10 minutes on a Saturday without any problem, and walk away with a $300 pair of glasses, or you can arrange to go during non-peak hours and spend your $89.

It's the classic time vs. value equation.

Also, a quick google search, and you'll learn America's Best is a subsidiary of National Vision, Inc, a company based out of Lawrenceville, GA (have no idea where the foreign assumption came from).

• Tw
                twopair2008 Oct 28, 2009

I dont think many people really UNDERSTAND the whole two pairs for the $69.95. I get tired of people assuming and getting mad at the fact that they cant have progressive lenses for $69.95. I mean come on people...

• Ka
                kay2lynn Mar 10, 2011

I see both sides. I understood the 69.95 would be just for basic lens and frames. I do realize that I, having a strong prescription, will always have to pay upgrades for thinner lenses and I always get the anti glare(LOVE anti glare!). But, I just used America's Best (Feb.2011) and I will just give you my opinion. I went at the wrong time of the year(tax return time)! They were packed and even though I had an appointment, the people that walked in, all of them were served before me and I had to wait for an hour and 1/2 after my appointment time. They really should have served those who had an appointment and worked in those who walked in or set their appt for another day. I already have my glasses back and do enjoy them but after doing some research, their upgrades are rediculously expensive. I would have been better off paying for an eye appointment and getting my prescription and ordering online @ something like eyebuydirect which i found with a simple google search. I made up an order with them and frames and upgrades(super thin lens, anti scratch, anti glare, and uv protection)for 2 pairs came to $110.00! My total at America's Best came to $370.00! That's tooooooo big of a difference for me! I would have come out better getting the regular $69.95 special and getting the prescription and then ordering that prescription on the internet. Believe me, this will not happen again! Now, as far as customer service, the doctor at our location was wonderful but i did voice to the doctor how one of the employees out in the front had a horrible attitude toward a customer that was returning her glasses. She ended up helping me when I was picking my frames and had a much better attitude. But, then, she helped me when I picked up my glasses and she had that same nasty attitude I had witnessed before. But, I will voice that with that location and let them handle that. Well, that is my experience so maybe that will help someone save a little bit if doing upgrades when looking to go there. Oh, by the way, I priced my dads glasses online who had his appointment after mine. He was supposed to get bifocals but they were so expensive, he ended up getting single vision and somehow, they still ended up with him having a $170.00 bill so I will be looking into this also. I made him an order online and it came up to $60(1 pair) with PROGRESSIVE lenses with antiglare, antiscratch and uv protection and frame!(he didn't need the thin lens which would have added $20-$30 depending on how thin you need them) So he could have ended up with 2 pairs, with what he needed, for $120.

• Dc
                DCla63 Jun 24, 2014

I purchase a pair of Ray Bans with a the trimmings. A little more than a year latter. The lenses are impairing my vision. Anti-glare coating is the culprit. I contacted America's Best in Metairie, LA. They told me that the lenses were not covered under warranty because I caused the problem by not cleaning the classes properly. I'm sure that there are alot more people out there with this issue. Stay away from anti-glare coatings.

America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses — was this really an eye exam?

This is not a total complaint — yet. I am giving this a chance, but am prepared to have to fight. Went to...