American Express / cancelled my card
The same thing just happened to me. I payed my amex balance off every month. I went and used the card on 5/18 and on that same day, after my purchase, they cancelled my card. I called and the rep said they could not reinstate my card because I had to much credit debt. I had more credit debt and did not own my own home when I first received the card. Now I have less debt and own a home. That did not matter. I asked for a supervisor and she said it could take 20 minutes. I told her I would wait. A few minutes later she came back on and said they were having trouble with their phone system and I would have to call back. She did tell me that I could apply for a new card if I wanted to. As if.
I can't wait for the class action suit against them.
More American Express Complaints & Reviews
- American Express - canceled card with no notice 
- American Express - debt collection 
- American Express - interest rate increase 
- Your Centurion Card - fraud 
- American Express - penalty for paying bill early 
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - platinum card replacement
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - complain
- American Express - discrimination 
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - expired gift certificates
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - perfect credit/25 year member amex cancelled