American Express — american express sent final bill of my deceased father to a collection agency without even sending it to his mailing address for payment.
My father passed away at the end of March. Per legal advice, we cancelled his two credit cards - one of which was an American Express. His American Express bills were paid each month for years by automatic withdrawal from his checking account and American Express would mail a copy of the monthly statement to his mailing address.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Newark, NJThey did not send the final bill on his account to his mailing address, they just turned the account over to DCM Services (a collection agency). If the statement had been sent to his mailing address, it would have been paid promptly.
I find this a disgrace on my deceased father who was always meticulous with his finances. He had had an American Express account for years.
Shame on American Express and it would have saved them money not sending it immediately to a collection agency versus just sending out the monthly March statement which would have been paid immediately.
More American Express Complaints & Reviews
- American Express - canceled card with no notice 
- American Express - debt collection 
- American Express - interest rate increase 
- Your Centurion Card - fraud 
- American Express - penalty for paying bill early 
- American Express - gift card
- American Express Credit Card - unauthorized credit card charges
- American Express - fraud consumer protection department
- American Express - failed fraud investigation
- American Express Travel Related Services Co, Inc. - travelers cheques refund claim