Allstate Insurance Company / homeowners claim

1 Seattle, WA, United States

Had water damage...claims adjuster nickel and dimed every portion of the damage upon inspection but said "this is just a starting point". They ripped out my floor/ceiling in a huge kitchen and expected me to have everything repaired with $2800. The least expensive estimates I received totaled close to $6k for all repairs/appliance replacements. After waiting over a week for an answer on if they would pay for estimates (submitted online via app), I went ahead and paid for the repairs myself. My kitchen had already been in disrepair for 3 weeks at this point. Seven weeks after the claim was filed they finally contacted me and replied that my estimates are for "upgraded flooring" and I need to find flooring at 1.50 (this price includes underlayment and install since that is not in their estimate). I used the least expensive flooring I could be priced. Horrible service, no empathy, and still not resolved. Apparently they thought I was going to live in a construction zone for a month and a half. They are still haggling me about reimbursement and contacting contractors I received estimates from to get the price down. Since it's already done and paid for there is no point. They treat customers like a number and you are not in good hands!!

Li