Allstate Insurance Logo

Allstate Insurance

Having problems with Allstate Insurance?

Allstate Insurance reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 6, 2006. The latest review homeowners claim-0624027595 was posted on Sep 13, 2021. The latest complaint Jeff and Theresa Adkins, home owner was resolved on Aug 04, 2021. Allstate Insurance has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 315 reviews. Allstate Insurance has resolved 74 complaints.

Allstate Insurance Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 810 2920 (United States)
2775 Sanders Rd
Northbrook, Illinois

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Allstate Insurance Customer Service. Initial Allstate Insurance complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Allstate Insurance above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Allstate Insurance. Discuss the issues you have had with Allstate Insurance and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Allstate Insurance Complaints & Reviews, Page 13

Allstate — using points that have been earned for auction.

I've tried repeatedly to use my points for merchandise. It's just impossible to place or win...

Allstateunauthorized withdrawl from account

I cancelled my insurance with Allstate Insurance but they still withdrew the money from my account. I contacted them and spoke with an agent, who assured me that the money would be returned back to my account within 5 to 7 days, but after the 10th day, I called again and again spoke with an agent who advised that I had been told wrong and that the money would be returned in 30 to 45 days. Its funny how they withdrew the money very quickly but when its their turn to return the money they take for ever... will never buy insurance with this company ever again...

Allstateclaim for theft

I had a Ariens snow blower & a craftsman mower valued over $1, 200 stolen on 07/08/2015. Allstate(ALLSCAM) claims dept. sent me a reimbursement check for $367.37 to cover the losses. I guess they don't realize that snow blowers are expensive equipment as well as a mower. I spoke to another claims rep. & he stated that I should send them proof of what a replacement snow blower would cost, so I did only to get an email saying there's nothing they can do. I reported them to the BBB & filed a complaint to Allstates main corporation, I have yet to hear from them. We are " NOT IN GOOD HANDS WITH ALLSTATE" They're happy to take your money, but are never there when needed. Never deliver on their advertised promises. I will continue to give them bad reviews until they resolve this matter to my satisfaction. I have emailed a news media to warn the public about what a scam ALLSTATE is. A class action lawsuit needs to be filed against Allstate(ALLSCAM). My claim#[protected]. Policy#[protected]. I want to speak with one the BIG SHOTS regarding this matter & not be ignored, given the run around or some BS answer. I really doubt they take consumer complaints seriously. I will do everything & anything I can to ruin their company reputation if this is not solved A.S.A.P. We the consumers work hard for what we have. Personal property shouldn't depreciate in value, Allstate will do anything not to pay on claims. ALLSTATE U STINK!!! I gave u 2 business days to contact me. We shall see.

Allstate — bait and switch

Bait and Switch seems to be a part of Allstate's business model and corporate culture: I am with GEICO...

Allstate Insurancequoted price

i was supplied a quote at a certain price for auto and renters insurance, which i agreed to for the quoted price .
      they emailed me my policy and the duductable was at $600 instead of $500 but the price was the same . the agent said they would correct this and i agreed .then i get an letter saying that since i had a change in my policy the price went up from $464 to $527 and if i would oif know this i would of stayed with my original company

• Fl
          flyhi152 May 27, 2015

Bait and Switch is part of Allstate's corporate culture. They call their quotes "for illustration purposes" in the fine printed part at the bottom. Consider their quotes as some sort of entertainment. The numbers don't mean anything. Their only purpose is to draw your attention.

• Ti
          TiredofAwful Service Feb 04, 2011

Yes, I just posted a complaint myself about our renter's ins going up by 138%!
          I'm not kidding. I've had numerous problems with this office, however, they have refused claims, treated me disrespectfully, and even told me I could rent a car, after the rental car they recommended had their tow truck driver, drive me and leave me at the airport, instead of stopping by the repair shop, where my car was done being fixed.

We've had no claims in years either. Don't make any sense to me either!

Mabler Apr 21, 2010

Our Allstate insurance premiums are going up and when we call the company to try and discuss they wont speak with us. Is anyone else having this problem with Allstate. Are their other people with this same customer complaint.

• Ms
          ms b Mar 12, 2010

We had a liability claim with Allstate. We were warned that this will stall and deny all claims by our ins co. They were so right. It look 4 months to get Allstate to settle. We had to threaten a law suit.
          Stay away from Allstate!

• Jb
          JB7 Jan 27, 2010

That is not insurance fraud. They have rates filed with the state that involve your credit score. They don't look at each individual policy and just say hmmm I think they need an increase. It is an automatic process.

• Gi
          Gilbert Dec 17, 2008

We have been a customer with Allstate Insurance for 13 years. We have never made a claim and have paid the premiums ontime every time. When we received our renewal notice this month, our premium was raised more than $600. Why? Because our credit score dropped. In spite of a crappy year, we never missed our payments. Allstate always received what was due from us. That didn't matter to them.

Allstate Insuranceunpaid claim due to tamara bland

She, Tamara bland enjoys accusing sick people of fraud.She commits fraud everyday.she is a nasty spiteful person. She will contact family and friends, and tell them she investigationg fraud. Allstate was a good company, but she ruined It.its her turn now, with a class action suit Against her, and allstate.She took advantage of my elderly mother, who Is in a wheelchair.im curious what her parents did to her, to make her accuse everyone fraud.sorry for the typos, upset very upset

Allstate Insuranceunethical charge by insurance

I pay auto insurance to allState in full 6 month amount to get a full payment discount every 6 months. In 2012, my full pay amount for the discount went 2 weeks after due date. Allstate removed the full pay discount of $70 but I was not informed.
          Subsequent full 6 month premiums amounts were paid in time. I was always paying the discounted amount that I was asked to pay in my policy statement (if you pay full, discounted amount is $850, if you do not pay full, amount is $920 apprx), big difference for a middle class family.
          AllState suddenly tells me that since I paid 1 premium late in 2012, I have lost all the full pay discounts after that and should pay up $220 or lose my policy.
          I explained many times saying that I can pay the 2012 difference of $70, the discount that I missed due to 2012 late payment, but all other payments were made in time. So they should not penalize me for all other payments. I have been AllState customer for 12 years. They absolutely refused to help me.

AllState has terrible, terrible customer service and is a rip off

Allstate Insuranceretention vs. customer satisfaction

I signed up for Auto Insurance though Allstate Insurance in Sacramento, CA...Howevere, when I got home I realized the Policy was more than I needed for my year make and model car and the deductibles were high. So, I contacted my Agent, Winnie Bales on her answering machine and requested to cancel the Policy and I was going with another Company. Sorry for the inconvenience. She contacted me and stated that She'd like the opportunity to re-write the Policy and since I did not pay the down payment this Policy never began. That was in September 2013. To date I am fighting a $300.55 bill from Allstate who strung me along till November at which time I just went and signed up with another company. The reason why I am still fighting them is because they only try to retain you and don't care about your needs they don't even respond to your correspondence if you are trying to leave. They will lie and try to cover their tracks make up rules and ignore your wishes .. DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH ALLSTATE INSURANCE BECAUSE THEY MUST BE SUFFERING FINANCIALLY. THEY SUCK!!

Allstate Insurance — non payment of services rendered

Our company was contracted by Allstate Insurance to restore living conditions to their client Denise Hyatt...

David Jones Allstate Insurance Agency — incompetent #

This is the worst insurance agent on the planet! He originally sold me an auto policy with a $500 deductible...

Allstate — claims

Car broken into Friday night. Have to wait until Tuesday for adjuster (maybe) to see my car. Window...

Allstate Auto — paid claim injury on knee/back denied claim

Have Allstate of DE and adjuster came out inspect the car without getting hood open, yet paid $3150 -250 the...

Allstateavoid dealing with this ppl

I contacted allstate through 1-800-allstate in may 2012 to inquire about auto and homeowners insurance. I changed my insurance to allstate on may 31. The customer service agent assured me that coverage was effective immediately and stated that she would notify my mortgage company of my change in insurance companies. Approximately two months later, I received a letter from my mortgage company stating that I didn’t have homeowners coverage. Immediately I contacted allstate to inquire about my homeowners insurance. Allstate confirmed that I had coverage but could not tell me if/when they notified my mortgage company of the change. However, my mortgage company did have a record of me notifying them of the change. An allstate customer service agent, faxed my mortgage company proof of coverage while I was on the phone with them. Today I received a letter from allstate stating that they planned to cancel my coverage due to nonpayment effective october 5, 2012. Immediately I contacted allstate to confrm that they haven’t received payment. The allstate agent was short with me and told me it wasn’t allstate’s fault, it was my mortgage companies fault. I contacted my mortgage company to inquire why my insurance permium hasn’t been paid. My mortgage company stated that they never received notification from allstate however they would send allstate the payment immediately. Allstate will receive payment in 5-7 business days. I decided to contact the better business bureau because I have been extremely dissatisfied with how allstate has treated me as a customer. I feel that they did not follow up after I switched my insurance to their company. There has been misunderstandings and promises to correct the problem however the problem has never corrected. I contacted allstate to ask if I would be penalized for changing insurance companies before the renewal date. A customer service agent told me that I would be charged $122 if I changed companies before the renewal date. I’m don’t understand why I would be penalized when allstate did not follow up to ensure that I had insurance coverage. I just want to know that my premiums are being paid and that I have insurance coverage.

All Stateno auto insurance

Got Allstate April 14 2012 added two cars to my policy got my insurance card in the mail an one of my car's weren't there . So I contacted Allstate about the problem and they told me that they remove my car cause for incorrect info and I need to fax proof of ownership so I did in May. So I called back that day and was told that my car would be added and I would get updated cards next 3-5 business day I waited a week and called them back was told I shouldn't drive my car cause it still isn't cover by them . I call back a few more times was told the same thing over and over again . Then I got a letter in the mail from the DMV saying my registration would be cancel cause of no insurance I called Allstate again they told me it still wasn't cover called back again on July 10th and still was being told not to drive my car cause I had no insurance so I cancel my policy that day 1 month later got a bill for 202.00 cause they back dated my policy

• Valerie Aug 04, 2008

I WAS GOING TO MAKE A PAYMENT ON LINE THROUGH MY BANK, BUT INSTEAD OF SENDING THE MONEY TO MY CAR PAYMENT I SENT THE MONEY TO ALL STATE. I CALLED ALL STATE 2 DAYS LATER, AND ASKED FOR MY MONEY BACK SINCE MY ALL STATE BILL WASN'T DUE UNTIL OCTOBER AND I HAD TO PAY MY CAR. THE PERSON I SPOKE TO WAS CLEARLY A FOREIGN OPERATOR SINCE HE ASKED ME TO CALL BACK THE NEXT DAY TO TALK TO A STATE OPERATOR. ONCE I GOT CONNECTED TO A LOCAL OPERATOR I WAS TOLD THAT MY MONEY WAS GOING TOWARDS MY EX WIFE POLICY. I AM UTTERLY CONFUSED AS TO HOW THAT COULD OF HAPPENED SINCE I HAVE BEEN DIVORCED FOR MORE THAN 4 YEARS. LUCKILY THE OPERATOR WAS ABLE TO TRACK DOWN THE CHECK THAT WAS GOING TOWARDS ANOTHER POLICY AND CANCELED THE PAYMENT BUT THE WORST PART IS THAT NOBODY AT ALL STATE KNOWS THE REASON TO WHY THAT HAPPENED. I HAVE BEEN WITH ALL STATE FOR ABOUT 8 YEARS AND AM AFRAID THAT I CAN'T TRUST IT ANY LONGER DUE TO WHAT HAS HAPPENED. I NEED TO KNOW WHY IT HAPPENED AND IF I DON'T GET THE APPROPRIATE ANSWERS AND SOLUTION THAN I AM AFRAID TO HAVE TO MAKE THIS ISSUE INTO A LEGAL MATTER.

Allstatecan't get them to cancel and refund me

After being with Allstate for a few years and receiving emails and mail correspondence for the most pointless news and advertising; they added a person I did not know without even calling or sending an email. I found out that my premium just magically increased from $270 to $349 because of a Driver I never authorized. After going through the hassle of paperwork to exclude this person I do not know out of my policy they decide they have to increase it anyways because the discount they had applied for a new car for the mystery driver no longer applied. I decided to terminate my policy since I found a much better rate and customer service with AAA, $260 for the same coverage and tons of more benefits Two weeks later Allstate charge my account for the following month because they never filed my cancellation and I am still waiting for the Agent to call me about a refund. If you ever think of doing business with this Agency RUN... RUN as fast as you can away from it. Don t fall into Allstate s hands... you are far from being in good hands

Allstateunethical business

In October of 2011 I changed my automobile policy and homeowner's policy over to Allstate based on the rate they quoted me and their semingly good reputation. When the automobile rate was quoted to me, it represented a good savings so I questioned them repeatedly to ensure it was correct. I provided them with the driver's license number for my entire family (wife, two sons and me). They double-checked them and said this is correct. I asked them if they had my wife's car listed as the higher performance Mini Cooper "S" model rather than the base model because I assumed it would be more costly, Allstate responded, "yes, it is listed as an S model which is denoted by the VIN". I then asked them if this was an introductory rate and they said no. I then asked them if my rate would be raised upon the first policy renewal period, they said, "No, that is not the way Allstate does business". The agent's name was Chuck Adams. In order to maximize my savings, I paid for the full 6 months in advance. Fast forward two months and I noticed on my auto insurance ID card that the VIN for my wife's car had five zeroes at the end. Since it looked like an errror, I called Allstate and asked them to correct it. Shortly after this I get a letter stating that my rate is being raised by $700 dollars. When I called the agency they informed me that my account had been assigned to a new agent, Dac Jackson. He stated that my insurance was rated incorrectly and that my rate was going up. I went through the entire story with Mr Jackson and he filed a complaint on my behalf within Allstate. They reviewed it and said there is nothing they can do - it is now rated correctly and this is the rate. The person responding to the complaint (his first name was Kevin) said that Mr Jackson could help me if I wanted to change to another insurance company.

Allstate Insurancethey just want to pay you 25% of what your car is worth

At first they offer you half of what your car is wroth. Then they go and adjust that and then they come back and offer half of half of what they offer the first time.So in other words they just want to pay you 25% of what your car is worth.

Shawn050780 Feb 06, 2012

Nixuline, you have some recourse here. Go to edmunds.com and NADA used car guide. Enter in the details of your car and it will tell you approximately what the fair market value is for your car. That is what insurance companies go off of when they total loss your car. If you still owe more on your loan, you may have purchased GAP coverage from the dealership. Check with the bank that holds your loan to see if you have this coverage. Make sure you buy GAP when you replace your vehicle.

Allstate InsuranceI hope you are happy losing customer

On Feb 11, 2011 my husband was in a wreak in our toyo yaris.As he was headed to work he hit a patch of black ice andand ended in a deep ditch.Well he tryed to get the car out of the wood but he realized he had to call for a wrecker.The wrecker came but the car was so messed up they had to put it on a flat bed truckso that they could get it to the toyta place.Well we got a car rental and we really believe that allstate would take care of us.But we found out the hard way they don, t careabout anyone but their self.We thought they had toke our car to a place to that would check out the engine as well as fixthe body work .The body workwas done nice.BUT no one told us they did not .So we got screwed because allstate flat out said they would not fix our engine they blame us .I told my husband that we would have to drop allstate because i do not want a insurance company who don, t care about there people.I also have talked to my familyand so far all of my family has agreed to get rid of allstate.So thanks for nothing Allstate.This is one family you will never screw over a gain I hope you are happy losing customers.

Shawn050780 Feb 06, 2012

And, try using capital letters and periods. Great sentence structure, loser!

Shawn050780 Feb 06, 2012

Find out what the cause of damage to the engine was. If damage to your engine was not directly related to the accident, then they won't cover it. And, I find it hard to believe that the idiot that posted the above comment [email protected], is affiliated with Allstate in any way. Way to insult someone, ###.

jobno56 Jan 24, 2012

thanks for the years of paying - I hear the General has insurance for trailertrash, or try geico, see how much you can squeeze from the lizard
                            oh, and great sentence structure - loser!

Allstate Insurance Companyfailed to provide service and attitude was horrible

Hazlehurst MS 39083

Filed against :
                          All State/ Nash. Sales Office

Complaint Description:
                          Allstate in my homeowners insurance company and as of 10/10/2011 when I experienced a house fire at my home allstate has became a living nightmare. On Tuesday 10/11/11 they put my family and self up in a hotel. they pulled us out on Sunday, 10/23/11 with no repairs to the house. We tried sleeping there that night, but the smell of the smoke was to bad. I contacted a David Underwood at allstate and informed him of how bad the smell was still. He played around all day and did not get it approved for us to go back to the hotel. He informed me to do what I felt was best foe my family and self, so I went back to the hotel. That night I put my credit card on file for the hotel, and the next day allstate took it off and put their card on file. I was refunded any charges to my card. Towards November, around the 1, 2, and 3 into the 4th the insurance company “allstate” was playing it day by day in its coverage. They were going through a company call ASL solution whom contacted me on the 1, 2, or 3 and stated they had not been able to get in touch with anyone with allstate so, they were going to extend the hotel stay another week. On the 3rd.of November, by 11:00 the hotel clerk had not heard from allstate so they were forced to charge for another day. Sometime after 11:00 a stacey niemiec contacted the hotel and pulled their card off file. The clerk wanted to know how was the hotel going to get paid for that day and stacey niemiec instructed them to use my card which was not authorized by me. With it being after 11:00 by the time the insurance made contact with the hotel they was not suppose to instruct anyone to use my card. Next on 10/11/11 when my agent contacted allstate to report the fire, he was informed that my extended living food allowance was $135.00 per week. Now the insurance company is pulling back from covering the extended living cost. The amount I spent was over $800.00 and they only want to cover $200.00. Third, I have structural damages to my house which was caused by the fire and these discriminating crook-it insurance does not want to full the contract and cover for the structural damages to my house. I need some help if I can be led to someone that can fight these insurance companies and not allow them to get away with mistreating customers.

Your Desired Resolution:
                          I’m seeking a reimbursement of the money I have paid out toward’s a day at the hotel and my extended living cost in which I paid out of my pockets. I also will like for my structural damages to be covered by the insurance company.

Allstate Insuranceallowing consumer to make a claim who no longer reside in the household

I was informed on June 24, 2010 that my Homeowners Insurance will increase by $700.00 due to a claimed that was filed on or about July 7, 2009 by a nonresident of my home. I'm asking for this claim to be recinded and my insurance return to the rate prior to the claim.

Shawn050780 Feb 06, 2012

Unfortunately, most insurance companies can charge you if there has been any claimable damage to your home. Can you provide details of what occurred?