Allstate Insurance Logo

Allstate Insurance

Having problems with Allstate Insurance?

Allstate Insurance reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 6, 2006. The latest review Auto insurance claim was posted on Oct 14, 2021. The latest complaint Jeff and Theresa Adkins, home owner was resolved on Aug 04, 2021. Allstate Insurance has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 317 reviews. Allstate Insurance has resolved 74 complaints.

Allstate Insurance Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 810 2920 (United States)
2775 Sanders Rd
Northbrook, Illinois

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Allstate Insurance Customer Service. Initial Allstate Insurance complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Allstate Insurance above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Allstate Insurance. Discuss the issues you have had with Allstate Insurance and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Allstate Insurance Complaints & Reviews, Page 15

Allstate Insuranceinsurance does not cover household claims

On 03/06/2010 a plumber snaked my drain and ran a hole through the pipe, on 04/09/2010 we found mold and about three feet of water in my kitchen wall. I called Allstate, at first they would cut me a check, then they sent an Adjuster here and she told me they would not cover it, I have contacted the NV Insurance Commission and can get no help. My kitchen is gutted, outside wall cut out and living room wall partially gone. They will not help and have been quite rude when I contact them. What can I do?

• Ke
      Keith Simpson Apr 25, 2011

It is unbelievable that so many of Allstate's employees are able to use the Internet social sites like Tagged.com and Facebook during working hours, especially those located on Heritage Drive. How can they serve the public's needs when this type of behavior prevails?

• Ec
      EC in Seattle Jun 29, 2010

Look at your policy or have your attorney look at it to see if it is reasonable for them to reject the claim.
      If you have coverage you can force them to deal with you by going public with complaint sites, BBB, State Insurance Commission etc.
      Most homeowners policies cover damages caused by plumbing leaks or worn out pipes but not the pipe itself. It is called consequential damages. You need to read your policy.
      If the plumbing was in good condition it would be impossible for the plumber to cause a hole in it by running a snake to clear the drain. I think you really need to check this out now. It is not likely that your homeowner coverage lacks this benefit.

An old plumber in Seattle wrote this.

Allstatehome owners policy

While on vacation I was notified that my house was flooded. More than 2 inches of water in the home and more than 3 feet in the crawl space. I called 1-800-ALLSTATE to get the claim started since it was a covered loss from a broken water line under the kitchen sink. Now, over a year later we are still not in our home, have had to file suit due to Allstate's ridiculous payment of less than $11, 300.00 to repair our home which was never dried correctly by the company they sent out. We were kicked out of our temporary housing by ALLSTATE, so we now live in a completely different city. I don't see my grandchild, whom I use to see daily; I didn't get to spend the holidays with my family since it is normally held at my home; and I had to take off work to travel back to our home town for the funeral of my grandmother... something I should have been in town for, since that is where I purchased my home and intended on living.
    Not to mention that our ALLSTATE adjuster has never been to our home, nor has he seen the damage. He sent a wet-behind-the-ears young kid who tried to tell me what my policy stated. But yet I had just received a letter from ALLSTATE days before telling me that I shouldn't listen to anyone but the ALLSTATE claims adjuster as the adjuster is the only one who knows my policy.
    We now have mold due to them hiring an incompetant company to extract the water. They state our policy only covers $5, 000.00 in mold. My point... IT WOULDN'T BE THERE IF YOU WOULD HAVE HIRED A COMPANY TO DO THE JOB RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!
    Don't use ALLSTATE. We've had them for about 16 years to cover everything we've ever required insurance on and have never put in a claim. Now, after this many years, so many policies and continued coverage without submission of a claim they want to deny a covered loss.

Allstate Insurancerobbers

My home was broken into for the second time on 3/21/2010. I reported my claim to Allstate. They have been less than cooperative with helping me through my loss. Their customer service has been horrible, unprofessional and less than sympathetic. First I was told that my claim would be "express" then they decide to switch it over to their local office in Woodridge and drag it out. In the meantime my home has a broken gate, broken door and a busted out window that I had to pay for out of pocket since my claim was taking the "allowed 30 days" to process. They told me that they would work around my schedule but I had to *** work for the examiner to come out to my house a full WEEK after the break in. Then when the examiner comes out, her camera dies so I have to email her the pics that I took after the break in occurred. While she is here she asks me to sign a paper requesting to run my credit. WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH MY BREAK IN? She questioned my whereabouts the night ofthe break in, called my pregnant best friend and my fiancee, called the place that I was at while my home was being broken into. I feel as if they are treating me like a criminal, victimizing me again. Constantly they are asking me for receipts for items that I no longer have receipts for. I didn't have to produce receipts for my first break in and no where in my policy does it state that I need to keep all receipts of everything I own. I thankfully kept a couple of boxes from a few of the stolen items that I kept out in my garage. Because I couldn't produce receipts for certain items, they decided not to cover them Out of over $3000 worth of items stolen from my home, they sent me a check for $78.00 because of "depreciation and my lack of proof of purchase". What would they have done if I had heirloom items? Not covered them either?

Considering that I've worked in the insurance industry for 9 years myself, I know good customer service and I would advise any and all consumers to stay away from this fraudulent company. Their lack of covering items cost me my engagement ring. I had to return it to cover the items stolen from my home.

I could have saved my money and NOT had insurance and covered my own missing items. They haven't covered my door, my gate, my I-pod and a laptop that was in my possession that I paid for. I'm canceling this horrible policy and severing ties with the worseinsurance company ever as soon as I finish writing to the Better Business Bureau and the Department of Insurance.

Allstate Insurancedelays payments and gives a runaround

I'm currently working on a claim against Allstate and thankful I am NOT insured by them. The fault was by their insured driver. On 2 separate occaisions they lied and said they couldn't contact their driver to get his side of the story. The second time I called him immediately and relayed this information. He called them and then they started the claim using every tactic they could to delay payment. They said the check is in the mail but it hasn't arrived yet.

They advertise that you're in good hands with them but what they really mean is when they've got you by the balls they'll do anything they want.

• To
            tommy capehart Feb 05, 2012

i also have allstate, and they are giving me the runaround about a accident, it seems they are not trying to get the facts, i have done more than they have, the allstate guarntee is nothing but crap on my part

Allstate Insurance — theft

Allstate Insurancewon't pay claim

I have had allstate Insurance on my car and my home for 25 years. This year my roof started to leak and damaged my sheetrock. This home was built in 2001 so the roof is new. The roofer said that the roof was damaged by the hail and was the cause of the leak. My neigbors had their roofs replaced and they did not have any leaks but their insurance took care of it no problem. Allstate came out and said the roof was not damaged by hail but it was defective shingles and they would not pay for the new roof needed. The same builder built all the houses and no one else has had problems with their insurance saying it was defective shingles. Dont use Allstate Insurance!!!

• Ju
              judychristensen May 20, 2012

I live in Fairmont City Illinois the last of april the intire town was hit by baseball size hail. everyone need new roofs and new siding . The average claim was 20, 000.00 to 24, 000.00 claims were paid with no problem unless like me you have Allstate. They sent a check for 13000.00. Not enough to cover damages. I still have the hail damage where everyones that did not have Allstate has theirs repaired. This company should not be allowed to do this, it is wrong.

Wpayton5599 Mar 31, 2010

Just because your neighbors had their roofs replaced does not mean anything. The average lifespan of a roof is 10 years so your roof is not new. Insurance companies will not pay for wear and tear. I would get a second and third opinion on the damage. If every contractor you hire is saying it is because of hail, you might have a case. You have the right to appeal with Allstate.

Allstate — recoverable depreciation

During Hurricane Ike, an Oak Tree fell on our house. The tree hit the roof over the spare bedroom which I...

Allstatereplacement of hardwood floors

I recently experienced a flood in my condominium, and my hardwood floors, which are only 4 years old and were in excellent condition prior to the flood, were severly damaged. I have requested that the floors be replaced; however, Allstate claims their position to be that "if a damaged floor can be sanded & refinished, that is what their policy will cover." They then referred to their customizer policy, which they state was in force at the time of the loss, specically pg. 19, coverage A, Conditions #3, which they state says "we have the option to repair, rebuild or replace damaged or destroyed property."

I have spoken with several contractors who have told me that the entire floor needs to be replaced due to the fact that the floors are interlaced. Allstate states that they will only pay for the replacement of some of the wood in the floor and the rest can be sanded and restained.

I am requesting that the entire floor be replaced so it will be put back into the original condition it was in prior to the flood.

I would appreciate your response on this matter ASAP since the contractor is scheduled to begin work within the next few days.

Allstate — non repair of roof damages

allstate adjuster came out to our home due to storm damages to our roof. We have had excessive leaking in the...

Allstate Insurancebad service

I called 1-800-ALLSTATE to obtain an auto insurance quotation. After undergoing a very lengthy and frustrating cross-examination by a virtual receptionist, my call was transferred, after which I was informed that my call was very important and that my wait time was 5 minutes. Over the 2 hour wait, a recorded message periodically informed me that my call was very important and that an insurance representative would be with me momentarily. Finally, I gave up waiting, fearing I would be on hold for days.

Allstate Insurance Companykept me on hold on the phone for 4 hours

I called 1-800-ALLSTATE to obtain an auto insurance quotation. After undergoing a very lengthy and frustrating cross-examination by a virtual receptionist, my call was transferred, after which I was informed that my call was very important and that my wait time was 5 minutes. Over the 4 hour wait, a recorded message periodically informed me that my call was very important and that an insurance representative would be with me momentarily. I am still holding! Help!!!

Wpayton5599 Nov 05, 2010

I hope you are lying about the 4 hour thing, appalled customer...If you are telling the truth, then My God!! I fear for the safety of those that live around you. No one in their right mind would sit on hold for 4 hours. I am glad you agree this forum is for complaining, because that is exactly what I am doing.

• Li
                    Linda Fritz Nov 05, 2010

Allstate Sucks ... Cheats customers and anyone in contact with. Allstate is rated last amount property and casuality companies. At one time they were in the top 10, which says it all

• Li
                    Linda Fritz Nov 05, 2010

Allstate Sucks ... Cheats...It.Awful company. Allstate is rating last amount all propety and casualty companies nationwide, which says it all.

• Ap
                    AppalledCustomer Jul 14, 2010

Oh shut up Wpayton5599!
                    This forum is for people to complain, not to insult others going thru hard times! what are you, an Allstate agent?

Wpayton5599 Mar 31, 2010

HANG UP YOU IDIOT! WHO THE ### SITS ON THE PHONE FOR 4 HOURS?! Do you own a phone book? Call an agent in your area and ask for a quote. I cannot believe you share my oxygen. Give it back!

Allstate Insurancelack of communication, effort, poor service

I was hit by a driver with AllState Insurance. A cop witnessed the entire accident and wrote up a report stating the AllState driver hit me and that her insurance would claim liability and cover damages. I was given a claim number as well as a claims adjuster to handle my situation. It has been over 3 weeks that my car has been sitting at the body shop and I have not been given a rental and I have never received a call from an AllState party. I have called about 4-5 times a week and leave messages with Louise, the claims adjuster, but have never once heard back from her. AllState also has the copy of the accident report and still no progress has been made. Due to this very poor service I have been left without a vehicle to get to work or my drive my child places. I hope after all is this is figured out I never have to deal with AllState Insurance again.

Wpayton5599 Mar 31, 2010

Rent a car and give the car rental company the claim number. Most of them have direct billing. Sometimes there are issues in determining fault.

Allstate Insurancesteals money

I called into the office a week prior to my insurance policy renewal. At that time I informed Leonard that I would like to cancel my policy AND cancel the "easy pay plan" that I was signed up for. At that time he informed he had cancelled my easy pay plan but he would need a new insurance policy to cancel my current insurance. So I informed him I would call right back with that information. I called back the next day and was directed to JP, I had informed him I would be canceling my policy and will not be renewing I gave him my new policy number and he told me that would be all taken care of as of the 6th of dec, per my policy, . So today [protected] I am preparing to pay my bills online and I notice that allstate has STOLEN 253.49 from my account for a premium on a policy that had long been cancelled. This is completely unacceptable and I want my funds back IMMEDIATLY. They had no permission to withdraw any money from MY account.

• Sh
                        Shawn050780 Feb 06, 2012

Yes, unfortunately, the agent cannot stop the automatic withdraw as it is requested in advance from your bank. Please make all cancellations in writing so you have a record of what you have requested. Also, if you feel you have not received the correct amount back, verify that the policy was cancelled on the date you requested.

• Pa
                        patmac2857 Dec 20, 2011

I am going through the same three cancellation attempts were disreguarded and now thirty days later ALLSTATE INSURANCE illegally took $981.00 out of my checking account and have no idea when they will send a partial payment back. P.S. this was money for kids Christmas Gifts and they had no care or attempt to speed up the process or no idea if I'll ever see my money.

Wpayton5599 Mar 31, 2010

When you are on an automatic withdraw plan, you must cancel your insurance as early as possible during the month. It takes time to stop the auto withdrawal and the company states very clearly that they are not responsible. They will refund you your money, but you will have to wait for the policy to cancel. Sorry!

• Mi
                        mikecoffee23 Mar 19, 2010

I had a similar experience with them, we quit and they didn't stop our policy til almost a month later, and when we call they keep talking about how we quit the easy pay plan, long story short they have turned us over to collections and we are fighting them on every front, want to jump on our attorney general complaint?

Allstate Insurancein greedy hands

I was insured with Allstate, I had the privilege of having a wreck while I was on their policy. I had full cover because I was paying off my car still. I got into a wreck that was my fault. I t boned someone, totalled their car, and suffered some sufficient but not major damage to my front end. When I had an adjuster assess my damages, some dunder head idiot, i found out a few things. First Allstate determines how much your car is worth from the get go, not kelley blue book or etc., they told me my car was worth about a grand less than it really was. Then they assessed the damages and of course they make that up too. I ended up fixing it myself for half of what they said it would be. Then they told me that they are going to total my car, litterally they said, because it would be cheaper for the company to total it than for us to fix it, even though, it wasn't actually a total loss. My car was in perfect condition before the wreck, now it has a salvage title. I just wanted to put in my 2 cents in, and if one person reads this and decides not to choose Allstate because of this then I will have done my job. And just for anybody else who feels anger towards these thieves, I got my revenge when I called in about 3 windshield repairs, 3 roadside tows, and the other party got payed and so did my lien holder. Up yours Allstate.

Allstate Insurance — 2 months-no car

I hate Allstate. I ran over a goat (who was laying in the middle of the road) almost2 months ago. I had...

Allstate Auto Insurance — rer u kidding me!!!

This company is a piece of #.. My car got broken into on sunday my subs my ipod my cds my clip my ipod cord...

Allstate InsuranceScam

After 15 years under Allstate insurance company and been part of their accident forgiveness program i am been drop because 1 not at fault 2007 accident and 1 at fault 2008. So that means that if some hits you and you reported they will drop you no forgiveness there and if you hit someone OH LORD! you are really not forgiven. you are at risk even if is not your fault. A COMPLETE false ADVERTASING. The sad part is that they will get away with that. AS many of you have seen the comercial We know accidents happen Allstate is there to protect you.

Wpayton5599 Mar 31, 2010

Sorry, but you have been in two accidents...You deserve to pay more.

Allstate Auto Insurancefraudulent company

I paid for my car $30K. It was stolen in 2 months after I bought it and Allstate paid only $25K claiming that the value of the car had dropped. The police report clearly stated that the car was stolen. The thieves were not apprehended but I was not a police suspect. Despite this fact, the Allstate investigators tortured me for 6 weeks and directly accusied me of stealing my own car. The car was found in several days, placed in a body shop but the estimate to fix the car was $40K (basically it needed to be totalled). In 5 weeks when I went back to the shop to take my personal belongings from the car, the car was not there. I spoke with the owner and he stated that Allstate had prohibided him from talking to me so the car was towed to an auction w/o my knowledge with my personal stuff inside. The location of the auction was not provided and it would have been late anyway to take any actions since it was done 3 weeks prior to my visit. Allstate consealed all these facts from me.

• Th
                              The POA Apr 01, 2010

Allstate insurance truly sucks. A 78 year old man had purchased a travel trailer back in 1997, at about age 65. The trailer is on his auto policy. As he aged he took out the trailer less and less, eventually leaving it on a lot he has down by a lake. He travels there with someone in the late spring and stays through early fall every weekend he can. Over the winter months the roof started leaking and we didn't catch it even though we looked in it every now and then just to make sure everything was still there, which you can do from the front doors! Like all responsible property owners, every winter this was shut down, antifreeze put in the tanks and water lines, water disconnected, water heater drained and the power unplugged. There is a deck that abuts the travel trailer but is not attached. Scoot it out and you can go. Allstate local (agent)is trying to say that this is set up as a home and that he is not covered. #1. The electrical hook up is just like you would find at any camp ground. #2. a water line (garden hose) has to be hooked up to the inground spicket to have water. This man has to pay a yearly fee to the corporation that manages this place. Does he own the property- yes. But explain to me what would be the difference if someone owned property in Florida and used theirs in the winter months and came back home in the summer and left it parked there till next year, than what he does now? Do people not live in these things seasonally all over the place? Go figure that allstate is trying to say that this is a primary home when it is in fact his summer getaway place. Even when you rent a lot for an RV some places require you to pay a certain amount for your utilities if you choose a lot with electric and water. What gets me is that this allstate customer is actually reducing the risk of a claim when that trailer sits. Where it sits is none of allstates business. Even if this had been sitting in his back yard at his home the leak would have still happened. By the way the agent to avoid is in a central Indiana town about 40 miles south of Indianapolis and the last name begins with an S and is part of a 2 name agent office. I would have loved to say the name but of course I would be afraid that allstate would try to sue me. But they really don't have any grounds anyway as this is the truth about this agent. The claims office lady seemed much nicer and said she couldn't promise but felt it should come under comprehesive. So we will see. But based on what I am seeing here I don't expect much. The real kicker is that when the insurance was taken out the agent was really trying to make the sale because they said it would be covered wherever it was pulled to and parked and now when it's time to pay the piper they come up with this stuff. Go figure. Explain something to me. How does a man who is on dialysis 3 days a week on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and has to be there at 5 am, who no longer drives and counts on someone else to take him to his travel trailer and can't stay alone down there for long periods of time make that his permanent home? Allstate has more crap than Carter has peanuts. It's time for each of us individuals to start turning in our agents and their practices to the insurance regulators in our home states. They will turn up the heat and investigate for possible wrongdoing.

• Tr
                              Tracy Jun 11, 2009

Because I used to work for a repossessor in another state, I can say this with authority:

By law when someone repossesses your car they usually have three (3) days (sometimes less) to send you a certified mail receipt letter telling you where to pick up your belongings. You obviously had your car repoed by the finance company and the repo company is the one who has your belongings. Speak to your finance company to find out where the repo company is. They must release your belongings to you, if they haven't donated them to charity already. We used to keep ours for three months before we cleaned out the shed and loaded up for Goodwill. Why did it take you 5 weeks to claim your personal belongings? Sounds strange to me. No one waits 5 weeks to claim their personal stuff, not even the worst deadbeat. They were in our office day 1.

Allstate has been around longer than we have, they are not frauds. No one pays 100% of the car's value and the minute you drive your new car off the car loan, the value drops by as much as 25% or more.

Also, for the body shop who apparently always works with AllState to say your car will cost $10, 000 more than you paid, is ludicrous and sounds like you lied to everyone.

Now since the car is not totalled and has gone to auction, it has sold for whatever and you will be sued for the balance plus repo fees. Your insurance company denied the claim which they can do. It was still your responsibility to pay for your car and you didn't. ergo: REPO man comes a calling and you lose.

Allstatenon payment of medical

I was in an auto accident which totaled my car. The EMS and ER attendants were amazed that me and my child only suffered minor visible injuries. The car was totally smashed in the rear while I was sitting at the red light waiting to proceed. As mentioned above I had no visible injuries but the backaches were soon to come. I initially began rehabilitative therapy but couldn't afford the co payments and discontinued the treatment. I was not well, but I had t go back to work to take of my kids. Suffering through the pain for quite some time, I decided I would contact ALLSTATE to find out if there were any funds available on my medical claim, they said yes and disclosed the amount. I found a doctor to resume treatment and it eventually my back began to feel much better. Then I got a letter in the mail from ALLSTATE insisting that I go to a doctor of their choice to determine whether or not I needed this treatment. In one visit this doctor determined that I did not need the services I were receiving and that they would not be responsible for any future bills from that point on. Needless to say they didn't even pay for the bills that I had already received and now my crdit is a wreck. My credit score is awful. Shotrly there after, I sat on a personal injury jury, the same doctor who said I didn't need the medical treatment I was receiving at the time, was sitting on the stand saying a woman who's car had barely been touched, needed the screws or what ever she had coming out of her neck to compete with the pain she was in. This lady admittingly stated she got out of the car rasing hell and checking her car for damage and discovered none. When she realized it was a pharmacuetical company vehicle that had hit her she decided she was in great pain in my opinion. This doctor determined in one visit that I needed no treatment, but was able to determine that this lady had been injured to such a degree she had rack up nearly a million dollars in medical bills. This doctor's outcome is decided on who is footing the bill which happen to be ALLSTATE in my case. Is there anybody out there who can tell me how to get this bill paid and attorney fees for the collection agency that is harrassing me.

Allstate Insurance — fraudlulent charge

Monica leads, an Allstate agent, failed to provide adequate flood coverage for my home. Ms. Leads learned of...