Albertsons / hungry at the grocery store

1 Murphy, TX, United States Review updated:

Hungry at the grocery store!

I am 39 years old and work at a local grocery store. For the 9 months, I have to work 9-10 days in a row until I receive (1) day off...
I have to ask if I can go to lunch (like a small child), and I have to guess when my day off is, because I am not provided a schedule until the last minute. When I try and look for it in the computer, it is encrypted so it can't be opened, or not there at all...

You would think that I might be a cart boy or floor sweeper, however I am a member of the management team at this store!? I have the pleasure of watching my manager of the department: enjoy (2) days off each week (average), leave early (and the director thinks he works his full schedule), and makes a bonus off of the work of his employees who do most of the work.

I have the pleasure of balancing a family around the (1) day off I receive every two weeks, if I am lucky... I have to be hungry at the grocery store until I am given "permission" to go to lunch... I have to stay late at the last minute, and work a 12 hr. day when management knows in advance of a change of the schedule and doesn't bother to tell me...

***I tried using the corporate hotline, however it has been over a week, and I haven't even received a phone call... However, if I was the black woman, and she were the white man, this would probably make the newspapers and get some respect/attention... ***

P.S. Yes, ontop of all of this, I have to put on a happy face for each customer who comes into the store!

Comments

• Mn
      2nd of Sep, 2009

At least you are fortunate enough to have a job. There are people who would be content with the hours you are complaining about. And don't even discuss race. That is just tasteless.