[Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car / cancelled

Atlanta, GA, United States

After booking and paying in full with Alamo rentals, I log into my account 2 days prior to my flight to Atlanta, just to be informed my booking had been cancelled. I emailed to find out why this had happened, and was told I would need to rebook - no reason was given, no apology, and I would have to wait 21 days for the refund. This is unacceptable as the Dollar to the Pound was very low and you still was holding onto my money 6 months later. I was pretty upset and told them to reinstate the booking as I had not cancelled. This was reinstated after several emails and the fact that I had asked for the problem to be escalated. On the arrival at Atlanta we upgraded the vehicle- it would have been a nice gesture by your company to have given the upgrade free of charge. We are re filling the vehicle- over 24 hours ago I emailed Atlanta to ask as to weather the car was petrol or diesel. At this moment we are still waiting to hear. When renting cars in the past, they come with information about fuel, tomorrow we intend to fill the car . And instead of receiving emails telling us : we will respond in a period of time: just let me know what the product is.

• Resolution statement

• Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, Oct 25, 2018

John and Linda, we appreciate it when customers tell us about their experiences and we recognize how disappointing this must be for you. We would like to look into this further for you. Please email [protected]@mailca.custhelp.com with your contact information, exact rental office location, rental contract information and the details above so we can address this situation. Thank you. – Carol H.

Jo