Alamo Car Rental - Miami, FL / bad way of doing business

Alamo Car Rental at the Miami Airport location.
3355 Nw.22nd St. Rd.
Miami, Fl 33142

I rent cars a lot and from Alamo. When I say a lot I have hundreds of weekly rentals with Alamo and I use the same location every time. Since I rent so much I do not take the optional insurance, prepay for gas or upgrade the car for an additional fee.

Alamo employees make commission when the add on any of the above services. If a customer does not add any extras they are called a D.

Which means no commission is being made on that customer with that rental.

Alamo employees know me by now and when they see me they walk away from the counter so not to help me. I get treated rude at times and they add fees to my rentals to punish me for not adding any extra options.

The last straw was when a rental agent made me wait for 3 hours, canceled my reservation and call the manager and said I was harassing him.

I wrote a letter complaining about my treatment, I was told he was wrong and they reprimanded him , but that incident cost me time and because he canceled my reservation I had to pay extra and bring the car back the next day to correct what he did.

I recently started renting for Enterprise Rent A Car and the service is much better but on August 1st 2007 Alamo purchased Enterprise. I hope they do not take on Alamo's way of doing business.

This is my Quick Silver id with proof of all my rentals.

Qs782634871. Quick silver

Curtis

Cu

Comments

• Mi
      13th of Sep, 2007

I also rented a vehicle from Alamo Car rental. I rented in Tampa where they would not allow me to upgrade to Escalaide or Suburban as I was returning car to Miami. Did not realize your company was that small that you would miss one vehicle.

I was willing to pay.

When returning car to Miami I was not able to fill car up with gas due to local gas station was not open at 5:00 am. When I told the Mexican guy this and that there was still 3/4 of a tank in truck he then charged me 97.00 for 14 gallons of gas. He did not even check the vehicle to see how much gas was required.
    This amounts to prices beyond loan sharking.

When I was paying my bill inside due to no one working outside when I was asked if I needed a receipt and I indicated that I did, he told me to walk down to the end of the counter and get it myself, rather than getting of his ### and doing his job.

I rent vehicles 10 months of the year, and needless to say that will be the last time with Alamo and National as they are related.

I would highly suggest to any body renting cars to avoid these two companies as this is not the first time I have been treated poorly by this company.

Not sure where they get off with this attitude with the number of car rental options available.

Mike Crouse