[Resolved] Alamo Car Rental / cars bad conditions

Mexico Review updated:

i rented a car in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas airport. The first car they gave me, the air conditioning didn't work, i reported to them and they gave another one, it wast worse, when I try to see how fast I was going, i realiced that the speedometer didn work, then the brakes were not in the optimus conditions, and the air conditionign worked one day, the next day did not. I reported all these bad conditions, and they were aware of it, but they couldn´t do anything.
So, how dare to rent cars in poor conditions?? if they were aware of it, why they didn´t notifed me???????

• Resolution statement

• Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, Jan 11, 2013

Jorge Castro,
    We’ve taken note of your concern and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to care[at]alamo.com including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any further details regarding your experience with us.
    When emailing, please list Reference Number 130111-002390 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
    Respectfully,
    Carol
    Social Media
    Alamo Rent a Car

Comments

• Tt
      11th of Nov, 2010

I rented a car in June. The brakes were bad. I was riding through the Chattanooga mountains at 11:00 at night. I phoned customer service and he did not know how to get me to the chattanooga rental place. Once I got back to nashville to report my complaint. I was told I was lying, the manager refused to come and talk to me, ans I was given bad numbers when I asked how to speak with someone over them. On the phone, I was told that I should be greatful that I got an employee discount. He then questioned me about what family member gave it to me. I told him my cousin. He then wants to know if it was my first, second, or 3rd cousin because 2nd counsins aren't considered family. Just stupid. My cousin then gets a phone call the next day saying he needs to check himself about who he gives the family credit to. This has gone on for months. I was told I would get a full refund and now no one seems to remember saying this.

4th of Jan, 2013
    Alamo Car Rental - poor state of the van
    Auto Klick S.A. de C.V.
    Mexico

I have a complaint regarding the rental of a van in San Jose del Cabo, Baja California Sur, México

I rented a Mini Van for 7 days to cover around 1500 km in Baja. Alamo knew I was going out to road as I will return it in another city.

I had a van with 119.000 km, badly worn tires and windshield wipers with the risk that this has. They told me it was the only one they had for rent.

Before I left Cabos, the Van indicated that needs to change the oil. Of course I didn´t take the risk of leaving the city and have an incident on the road. I had to waste an hour and a half or two trying to get it fixed at the Alamo´s garage

Upon they realize i would take a highway and saw the state of the tires, finally traded it for another Van that was going to get another customer (who surely got mine).

They deducted 40.00 U.S. and 1/4 tank for lost time, I wonder what value they give to FAMILY TIME 1, 000 kms from home?

It is a shame that rent cars in that state.

I wish I had an answer for you.