Airtel Prepaid Mobile Services / no response to customer query

1 India Review updated:

I am an user of airtel prepaid mobile services. I have asked them about some discrepancies in my airtel mobile recharge. I have called the customer care for more than 10 times. Once i said, i need to speak to the Team leader they, transfer the line such that nobody takes care of that. See, i have called 10 times. They transfered the line for 7 times and waited nearly 7 * 8 min = 56 min literally. No response at all. I went personally to the airtel customer care centre. Wrote and handed them a complaint. They informed me that they will be calling me in maximum of 48 hrs. But still nobody called me. This is my 10th day of waiting. I had never came across such a worse treatment form any of the reputed service providers.

Comments

21st of Sep, 2008

how to activate the 2nd sim provided with

• Mu
      15th of Oct, 2008

my no.is 09997467390 call me i have no.of query related mobile office beacuse i m activated Rs20 at date15-10-08 and it's service work only few hours.so please solve my problem.and i m facing second time.

• Be
      11th of Nov, 2008

Dear Mr. Chairman,

I would like to bring to your notice, that I hold a prepaid Airtel connection for the last 5 yrs, which I bought when Airtel brought out a scheme for a life time connection for Rs 1000.

When you say a lifetime connection it means that my validity would never get over that is what my understanding is, of a LIFETIME CONNECTION

On the 6th of Nov I got an SMS stating that my validity was getting over on the 7th of Nov, so I was to recharge. I called up your customer service center where I was put on hold for about 15 mins and then was cut off. Since then, I have called several times, unfortunately, no one is willing to help !

Yesterday, November 8, 2008., after I finally ran out of patience and threatened to complain about this indifferent attitude of the Customer Service Center Executives, I was informed that immediate action would be taken and that, within the following 24 hrs my SIM would be re-activated.

It is the 9th of Nov today, as I write to you, as still NO action has been taken and furthermore, after my call to the Service Centre, this morning, I have been informed that, NOTHING can be done until tomorrow, Monday evening.

I am bringing this matter to your attention now, because, as you will quite appreciate, I am a very frustrated customer of your’s and primarily, because of the attitude shown by AIRTEL and its Executives. Being in a Service Industry, I am certain you do not want me to be guiding your Executives on how to deal with Customers and their complaints, afterall, how long does it take, for apparently, experienced ‘professionals’ to respond / answer to a basic query of a customer calling in for assistance – as a customer, that is the basis one can expect, besides, you will further appreciate that it absolutely uncalled for to, go ahead and disconnect a 5 years connection, without any prior intimation, if at all.

It is rather unfortunate that one of the largest service providers of the country, should have staff which is rude and unhelpful.

I ran a business, most of which, is on the telephone – what am I expected to do now, given that I have been using this number for the last 5 years and ALL my clients have only this number to contact me on ?

Without intending to really be sneaky about this matter, I would request you to kindly speak with Mr. John (Floor Supervisor) and Mr. Ajay Verma (also a Floor Supervisor) to understand this better. I also now request you to kindly give me a solution of how this matter is to be rectified !

I can’t think a company of such repute can hassle their customers like this .If this is how you service your customers, I simply recommend you close SHOP.

Just to keep you posted of my intentions, I am also sending a copy of this mail to the Consumer Grievance Court, anticipating some action from some angle, for some respite.

My mobil no, incase required to be contacted and should you think it appropriate enough is 9810811193.

I look forward to hearing from AIRTEL at the earliest.

Best regards,

Beryl Godinho

• Yu
      15th of Jun, 2009

Dear Chairman,

Yesterday i get Airtell prepaid connection for 149 then i put top up of 399 and 77 std cutter but still now i account is not activated.

• Ta
      21st of Jun, 2009

i am using airtel my friend also airtel i want to addon him how to do tht