Airtel - Mumbai / poor and unprofessional customer care staff

1 India Review updated:

This was on 29 apr 07, when I dialed 555 to retrieve my voice mail and got an regret message stating - cannot retrieve because I was out of city limits. Where as I was not. Hence i, for obvious reasons called up 121 - customer service, where I got to speak to mr ravi. This was at around 2000 hrs. He gave me an alternate no. Of [protected], to retrieve my messages, adding that I need to keep voice mail activated on only one type of situation where as I had kept it on for two - unavailable and busy. The later part of his voluntary information I found totally distorted, as the same setting was kept even in earlier days and it worked. I hung up my mobile and dialed the no. Given to me. Here I was asked for mobile password, which I had no clue about. Hence I again dialed 121, where I again got to speak to ravi, where he told me to type "tpin" and send it as text sms to 121, which will then help me generate my password. Following his instructions, I did exactly same as I was guided to. But instead I received an sms stating sorry, "match not found." I called up again and got to speak to javed. He totally non-cooperative, put me on hold and there I continued to be in. I hung up my call. I again tried what ravi had told me to do, this time assuming I had heard 't' for 'p' or may be 'e' hence typed 'ppin' and even 'epin' and smsed to 121 but it just did not work. Frustrated, by now, I called up airtel once again, and got to speak to javed again. After speaking to him, and before I could get my solution, my line was cut. I called up again, and again got javed this time and again I was put on unending hold, when I told him that I wanted to speak to ravi. I thought of trying one last time, and hence called up again - and this time got sujata on line, and explained to her entire problem once again, as I had done before to ravi and javed and also told her about the solution ravi gave that was not working out. Additionally asked her to put me through ravi on line, else to their manager, when she too put me on a never ending hold.

That was it, when I decided to write a complaint against this. It's just not working out - the attitude of the staff, how ill informed they are... What are they doing there in customer care department when they cannot cater for customers complaint, else don't even know where to direct them or guide them, properly.

Comments

20th of Aug, 2007

It is exact correct

• Pr
      12th of Dec, 2007

Mr Sunil Mittal,

My two E- Mails regarding deactivation of my mobile have not been replied. this is calous atttude. I am 80 yr old Lady & I HOPE YOU WILL SHOW SOME RESPECT & REPLY PROMPTY.

WITH BEST WISHES,

PRAMODINI KARAPURKAR

• Dr
      14th of Nov, 2008

The hopeless service, Airtel really sucks... Their response towards customer is very poor, since two months i have repeatedly complaining for daily double deduction of money for gprsmo from my balance, but nobody can solve my problem, such a useless people those who are working there from hot line to call center and call center to upper managing directer level.