Airtel Kolkata / taking money for service I do not use

Ive been charged wit an amount of Rs 249 every month inspite of not having GPRS activated on my cell. I had requested Airtel to deactivate my GPRS in Feb 07.Due to my complain to kolkata customer service I was refunded Rs 498. I do not have GPRS on my phone. But once again in the month of May 07 i was charged wit Rs 249. Please refer to the recorded vox files for inquiry. I would again request Airtel to refund my money. This is the last time I am going through the hastle of complaining and wasting my time. Airtel has no right to take away money without the customer asking for a service. Its not about the money, it the principle, why should I pay for something i did not use.

Thank you.

N  22nd of Sep, 2007 by

Sub: Complain for Mobile No. 9932958492 (Wireless_Airtel Mega) for Internet Access.
I am using the above Airtel Mega mobile for Internet Access(GPRS) for last few months.
All the settings are available in my set and Configured Airtel GPRS Modem properly.
I recharged Rs.498/- on 07-09-2007.
But GPRS facility is unavailable from 20th September 07.

I complaint the problem to the customer care and request to activate gprs facility.
But still now, no action has been taken.
Airtel is the top most mobile provider in India, but such type of poor facility is not acceptable !!!!

Under the circumstances above, kindly enquire the above matter and solve my problem.
Kindly note that, Internet is very essential to me as my wife is ill and i have to consult with the doctors at Vellore, Tamilnadu.

With kind regards.
Yours trully,
Mohan Lal Samanta,
Tamluk, Purba Medinipur, West Bengal-721636.
N  9th of Nov, 2007 by

There is a space in Cossipore Kolkata 2...... where you can install your tower... since we don have one down there...........

Please contact at 03325575395
D  5th of Jan, 2008 by
baal buikachoda khankir chele
sms hocche na keno motherchod???????????????????????
N  1st of Apr, 2008 by
To whomit may concerrn.

This is to bring to your notice that I recieved an sms from your end at 10:20 am which read "your subscription to the on demand service on airtel live has been renewed. Call 543213( toll free) for any exciting new comedy experience- on comedy demand." Next Rs. 30 was deducted from my balance.

I use my cell just for text messaging and for calling. I do not use any other functions. I have no clue when I suscribed for the airtel live. My question is with whose permission is the company deducting money from my balance. Rs. 30 is not much of a big deal but I would not want to see it being taken in the manner that you have conducted. This is shameful.

Also time and again when busy with work we get calls from Airtel with all the unwanted proposals. This is bugging.

I have been using my prepaid number for the past 7 years but now I have my doubts if I should continue any further.
A  10th of Apr, 2008 by
Airtel is worst tele service provider in india. Customer care representatives know nothing. Today I have switched to Vodafone.
N  10th of Apr, 2008 by
Yes you are right. They give wrong info. I have requested to disable new SMS service (activated by mistake) they said they cannt disable from their end. I have to call a number and Rs-6/min will be charged for that. I am using hutch.Same thing happened in my hutch connection they credited that amount.
Airtel sala chor hain...
N  10th of Apr, 2008 by
Airtel don't refund stolen money. This is the main business strategy of airtel.
N  11th of Apr, 2008 by
Date : 11.04.2008

Shri Hari Singh,
Customer Care Executive – Airtel

Sub: Complain against Data Card of our Airtel Mobile 9748724358 Complain No.46154674

Dear Sir,
It is regretted to inform you that on 1st April’08 you have sent an e-mail directing us to call at 7070 – accordingly we tried your concern department who tried on line and failed to restore normal Service. We have also been assured that your hardware engineer shall visit us for the purpose-but till date non – reported / visited. For your information we cannot use the data Card from the date of installation, we however paid your first bill, which please note.

Therefore you are requested to note that if the service is not restored within a couple of days we shall have no other alternative but. To take up the matter with Consumer form since our’s is a commercial organization we cannot suffer loss for unlimited period.

Thanking you
SR Tours & Travels
A  27th of Apr, 2008 by
This is to inform you I have never asked for Airtel-masti pack, but it is being activated and my money is also being deducted for it.May I know why this kind misappropriation of money is happening?
Thanks and Regards
Mohua Chatterjee
N  2nd of May, 2008 by
D  4th of May, 2008 by
I have activated Gprs for one day on 3/05/08 at 0835 am
again I have tried to deactivate on 04/05/08 at 0700 am onwards but reply getting unsuccessfull, then I talked to customercare, he tlod try it will be done. I have tried number of times. I have requested him to deactivate but he dosen't, again 25 Rs decuted from my balance.
Please let me know the reasion why customer is harrashed like this.

With regads
G G Barui
mob no 9932027328
D  9th of May, 2008 by
i got my instant mobile office activated on 7-5-08. the service got activated and rs 25 was deducted from my balance. but after a few hours i got another message saying that "thankyou for activatin ... " and another 25 rs was deducted . ie 50 rs got deducted frm my balance in a period of 3-4 hours.and when i contacted airtel CC the were just ###. they didnt have any info. they just said that my recentbalance has not been entered into their servers. ###. Airtel sucks.
N  13th of May, 2008 by
This is to inform you I have never asked for Airtel-MASTI pack, but it is being activated and my money is also being deducted for it.

May I know why this kind misappropriation of money is happening?

I called the customer care too, and they told the procedure to SMS UNSUB MASTI to 53030, but it did not work, and Rs. 3 is deducted per SMS.

Tell me what to do?

Thanks and Regards
Atul Kumar
D  14th of May, 2008 by
wow, those ### @ airtel deducted rs 75 frm my balance when i only used airtel mobile office for 48 hrs. they should have deducted only rs 50.airtel sucks. Are you listening Mr. Sunil Bharti Mittal, your company Airtel is thief ...well not a thief but a bloody dacoit jo saala din dahare logon ko loot ta hey.
N  14th of May, 2008 by
i suggest all airtel kolkata users to throw their airshit sim cards in their commode and get a new connection from some other operator..
N  16th of May, 2008 by
a pack called "masti" is activated,

my number is 9903367314, deactivate it immediately.

I called customer care several times, but they are saying, "we well do it".

2 weeks gone nothing happened
A  17th of May, 2008 by
This is to inform you that my connection has been disconnected repeatedly two times. Whenever I am asking for the reasn they said my addres proof was not verified. But I want to know how many times you will verify the addres and I am really dissapointed with customer care services.
A  21st of May, 2008 by
I have never asked for Masti pack but it got activated automatically. I have called customer care innumerable number of times. A sweet voice from other side says "Thank you for your patience sir! I understand your problem. we will de activate it on such and such date or gives me a 24hrs duration." But that time didn't come yet. Even if you want to talk to their senior manager they puts you on hold and the ###ing line gets disconnected after sometime. I have been suffering for 1 and a half month. I think I have to drop the SIM. Guys don't ever go for Airtel.
N  8th of Jun, 2008 by
Shri Hari Singh,
Customer Care Executive – Airtel

Sub: Complain against Mobile Bill of our Airtel Mobile 9748746323

Dear sir,

This is to inform you I have asked for for plan change dated 14-03-2008 time 14:15:36 they told this will change within four hour but we have found bill @2499 rental so how I can pay my mobile other executive are call me whent i told please send bill they told take 1000/- discount
this is not aceptable for me please send me bill at e-mail id coz i am not in kolkata so I can do needful regarding bill

thanks & regard