Airtel India / bought new sim card which is not working!

I bought a new SIM card from a shop at Pune station. I filled up the necessary form immediately. On the next day I submitted my photo as well. It appears the shop keeper has not sent the photo to Airtel Office, and hence I received sms / calls from Airtel. I went again to the shop and he assured me that the photo has been sent to Airtel. But today to my surprise, I find that the service has been withdrawn! The message "Call [protected]" for customer care : On trying this number through a landline, the response says that the number itself is not registered! Now what do I do?!!! Shoot down the shop keeper who sold me the SIM card? Does Airtel have any control on such third rate callous vendors? Or is it that Airtel office itself has misplaced the application or photograph? Why do they sell SIM cards thru such outlets? Secondly, is there an after-sales service available? Customer care?

By the way my cell number is [protected]. I am sure Airtel can do something about such SIM card vendors. Or else something must be done about Airtel itself!

D  8th of Sep, 2009 by
dear sir,
i have purchased a nokia 1202 handset alongwith a free airtel sim card bearin mobile no. 9797672576 on the name o0f Rachen kour from doda airtel office. 12 days passed and its not activated. the manager passing the time by saying that there is some problem in the airtel office.
i want your help to solve this problem asap.

yours faithfully satpal singh