Airtel India / airtel do it again!

False commitment, unfriendly customer associates and managers, useless service. This month what happened with me that I took this decision of leaving Airtel for through out my life is like this. I activated airtel 25Rs. When I took this connection this plan enabled me to call airtel STD No's at Rs 1 per min. On 16th Jan that plan was deactivated without intimating me and then on 31st Jan a new pack some 39 rs pack was activated that to without informing me. Secondly I am into Satyam CUG Plan, When I took this connection in sept the rental was 299 rs with 80 free local SMS. The plan got changed 2 months back and the new plan is 249 rs rent and 200 free SMS. But I was not put into the new plan and I came to know this from one of my friend. I requested the change of plan finally th plan got changed but I was charged one month advance rental but I was not told this when I requested change in plan. The best part is when I called up Customer care regarding the clarification of heavy bill I received this month they raised a complaint (7523717). What I got is a complaint number, which didn't got any attention, after waiting 4 three days I again called up and talked to 1 manager. He assured me that he'll resolve my issue within 24 hrs but Again after waiting for 2 days without getting a reply, I again called up and requested to talk to manager but you're CC guy disconnected the call saying the managers are out for lunch till 4 O'clock. Great Services. I am fed up with the CC services provided by Airtel I have to spend more than 30 mins every time I call CC and still hang up without a resolution. This number has really become a tension for me so many hidden charges nothing is transparent and CC ppl are ridiculous they talk as if as they are the the managers and we r the employs. And the manager's they make false commitments of calling back but never call back. This happened to me twice in a week Gaurav K Anand. Software Engineer Trainee, Satyam Computer Services Ltd. Satyam Tchnology Center, Hyderabad. Mobile:- +[protected].

A  4th of Sep, 2006 by
Having received best service provider award,airtel should provide the best services to its customers. Even I was among the many who have faced so many problems with Airtel. My connection was disconnected 2 times without any reason. When i contacted Customer Care people i used to get fake responses saying that my connection would get reactivated within one hour, 1/2 hour etc; and the most interesting part is the answers given by CC people will not match with each others.

Even they have given useless answers to me sometimes.

So many times the call got disconnected after holding for 10 to 15 min.

When ever i call them they used to give a so called Complaint no which is really useless. Hope being a largest service provider it will improve its services and provide proper responses to the customer.
A  27th of Oct, 2006 by
I fully agree with your comments, i had airtel connection when its lounched. The network coverage was good, but the customer care service was very bad from that time only. They will not inform you about scheme change, next due date of charges going to deducted (pre-paid), different answer from customer care about the same query & promise of solving in very short period. I switched to orange (now its hutch) in just 3 months after using airtel. Currently in my friends & family, most of all have the hutch or reliance services.

(Any product can stay in market, if and only if the sales after service is good)

I love HUTCH........
(Best service provider in INDIA)
A  14th of Dec, 2006 by
I just want to say Airtel is big chor. I had disconnected my number long back and there is pending amount with Airtel. They told me you will receive cheque at your residential address but I had not received the same. I had given call to help desk n number of times for my payment. They said soon you will receive the amount.
A  5th of May, 2007 by
Even I have an air-tell. They disconnect my number when I write 2 the nodal officer (Punjab) they told me to submit the ID proof to their office. But as per law they are to come to the customer, when I write the same thing the nodal officer they didn’t reply. This is how air tell higher officials are working, then what you can expect from customer care? I will suggest you to write to CNBC program Pahredaar, their email ID is pahredar@moneycontrol.com
A  30th of May, 2007 by
I have airtel connection 9810986229, inspite of law against unwanted calls, airtel is sending prerecorded calls and SMSs. Inspite of several complaints there is no response from their customers service. Infact the airtel customer service is dumb and deaf.
A  31st of May, 2007 by
I had taken a broadband connection from (Bharti) Airtel in august 2006. I am facing so many problem from day one like:

1. Wrong bill, bard my connection any time.
2. Harassment through phone call for payment (which is actually done from my side)
3. Activate caller tune without any request & add charges in the bill.
4. Add some uncertain charges in the bill.
5. Every time send wrong bill.
6. I need to remind them every time that this is wrong.
7. Customer care accept all the mistake but after that no implementation etc.
A  4th of Jun, 2007 by
I use Airtel mobile Office service. On one day one call coming from Airtel call center and ask me " Are u want to activate Hallo tune on your mobile" I say "No. I don't want this service" in that call answer. Than after one day Airtel Automatically activate Hallo tune service and deduct Rs.30 from my account balance. I put complaint in Airtel costumer care. Than i deactivate this service By *106# dile number. Than my service was deactivated. Today I check my balance in the morning then In evening i check my balance and i found my Rs.30 deducted. I call in aritel center. They say your Hallo tune service is activate today. I don't give him permission to activate Hallo tune service and How can you deduct my Rs.30 from my balance. Than he said it is deducted and we can don't give you refund.

So my complaint is Airtel is activate Hallo tune service without costumer permission and deduct rupee from his account balance. So my question is " What can I do for take my deducted rupees refund. Please give me answer.
Costermar car center is not give me his senior officer's number or E-Mail address.
D  26th of Jun, 2007 by

I have a complaint against RELAINCE WEB WORLD,Ambala Cantt that there staff,headed by MR. DHEERAJ is not efficient and they made false commitments everytime.They treat only their friends with FREE PRINT OUTS,CD WRITE,ACCESS TO THEIR SERVER etc etc.
About 1.5 years ago, i made a recharge of amounting 800/-,in which they told me that i will get 1000/- rupees of net plus one strolley bag but still i havenot got it.
My few friends are also their harrashment part.
In evening they made the office like a play ground shooting dart,skating etc etc. and computers never remain free.all are occupied by their friends and some of them are not working.
i also made many complaints to the customer care of relaince but all in vain.
So, i want some strcit action against them and recover my strolley bag.

Aditya Bhatnagar
A  2nd of Jul, 2007 by

I am facing a very bad experience of my communication - both through e-mail and teleconversation with the customer care staff of airtel, requesting them, numerous times, to deactivate/disconnect my mobile connection no. 9810546153 after expiry of its two year plan in may, 2007. I am constrained to inform, through this column, that instead of disconnecting my connection on expiry of its plan, the airtel customer care staff enforced on me another plan, which i declined orally as well as in writing, but of no avail. I even talked to senior executive of airtel, mr. Harman singh, but he too could not favor me with early disconnection of my mobile connection. Now they have raised unwarranted and uncalled for bill for the period the said mobile is not in use with me. I have repeatedly told the airtel customer staff to deactivate the same, but they are bent upon enforcing and compelling me to take their connection, which clearly shows unfriendly customer care being provided by the airtel staff.
A  4th of Aug, 2007 by
I have continuously complaining about my outgoing calls but nothing has been taken care of yet.
A  7th of Aug, 2007 by

I took airtel corporate 13 connection, i specially told sales executive to separate mill, always he said mam do it now next bill will separate but till now all bills are coming together, i am not satisfied with airtel sale service.
N  7th of Aug, 2007 by
This airtel sucks when it comes to billing... Can anybody pls give me the number of customer care from where some f*cking humans speak instead of that ### computers?
A  10th of Aug, 2007 by
This to inform you that I, Shubharth Jaiswal of Patna (with mobile no.9931067720) having complaint no. CINFCT080706470500 , on 7th august 07, I send two(2) sms to my local friend's mobile having RIM connection I have already had sms pack of Rs. 36 and Rs. 149 for my calls but on that day two rupees have been deducted from my both the balances i.e. from my sms voucher and my main balance I made a complaint about it on customer care. After 3 days they told that I've send three(3) sms to Delhi that's why my balane was cut this was informed me by Customer Care Executive (Pankaj Trivedi) on 10th august. I am not satisfied with it as I haven't made any such sms. On asking he said it was made but didn't gave me the number to which it was send. This not the first time happened to me 2-3 times back also it happened to me, but my problem is that when my cellphone is locked with password then how could someone send a sms without my prior approval. So it might that someone from there makes internal sms as it has also been in the cases of Reliance and BSNL. So I have a complaint about both the executive and the airtel service provider kindly look into the matter and do the needful.
D  17th of Sep, 2007 by
Dear Sir/ Madam,

This is to bring to your kind notice that I Jagdeesh Arora, HDFC Bank A/c No. 0441140003057. I am using this a/c since Oct 2004.

My salaries have been credited always into this account since I had this salaried A/c with HDFC Bank always with a good balance into this a/c.

HDFC Bank sent me a credit card in Oct 2005 with being applied for it.

I had some out standing for this Credit Card No 4346 7710 0911 4902.

Then they took my salary from my HDC Bank A/c 0441140003057 directly without and consent and without being signed for ECS & Direct Debit.

The amount they took from my HDFC salary A/c was Rs. 6,700/- (Rs. Six Thousand Seven Hundred Only) on Ist July 2007. Then I called the Customer Care No. of HDFC Bank I was told that my outstanding was Rs. 18000/- (Rs. Eighteen Thousand only) and if I will pay the same amount they refund my money back.

I cleared all the due on July 07 I haven’t received any refund from HDFC Bank and even they have closed my account without informing me.

# 9911578877
A  19th of Sep, 2007 by
Dear Sir

I Arindom Kundu like to draw attention of false legitimate by Hutch Phone. Year back I took Hutch No – 9899408477(Relation Ship No 0 1.136066491) from Nazafgarh area Delhi, but from very first month I was facing billing problem. Never the lace I never got bill on time. But as a good citizen of India I make call at customer care and made the payment. Some time it also happened I got two bills at a time. For this reason I frustrated and I think for closed down the number.

I had closed down the number on March end by calling at customer care, then in return they confirmed me we are sending one form for disconnection. That form I have not recd till date. And due to non payment of bill for the month of Feb and March 07 my phone get disconnect.

On 29/8/07 I have call from Okhla Police station from Mr. Rajbir Singh
(Phone No- 011-64135849) a complaint has launched for forgery under section
402, 420, and Other section of Indian penal –(FIR NO – 406/07)which I don’t remember filled by M/S HETL Okhla and the lawyer for this case is Mr. R.K BINDAL of Tis Hazari Court (Room No- 3).

I have the lawyer Phone No from Mr.Rajbir Singh(Sub Inspector). When I contact
Mr. Bindal he asked me to go any HUTCH SHOP and make the full and final payment by negotiate with the HUTCH EXECTIVE , as Mr. Bindal confirmed the unbilled amount is 2100 Rs. When I visit the Hutch Shop and asked for unbilled amount the confirmed me the amount is 1789/ Rs. only

After that I visit same day at JMD Tower Gurgaon –Haryana, I made the full and final payment of 1000/- by credit card (Receipt No – 0070708R0001139), and for same I had informed the Okhla police staion and Lawyer Mr. Bindra by providing the receipt no, I made the payment by 1:20Pm, as Mr. Rajbir Singh asked for payment by 4 O’Clock else he will send the file to court after 4pm same day.

Mr. Bindal Confirmed me on phone I will send the NOC in 2-3 days time, with the cheque of SECURITY Money. I made several call to Bindra to have the Courier details, every time he informed , give me 5 mins I am informing you, though it is only 6days as I smelling of forgery from MR. Bindal, as because when try to contact him on 3rd Sept 07
I am having information “this number is not in Service”

Please help me in getting NOC AND SECURITY MONEY for Hutch No – 9899408477 .

Looking for an early settlement, as I have seen your channel has short this type of matter in quick succession.

My New Phone No- 9818711828 ; 011-25316906
Email – ID- arindom_kundu77@rediffmail.com

Thanks & Regards

Arindom Kundu
A  31st of Oct, 2007 by
I gave money Rs. 600, Id proof, address proof and photo for migration (prepaid to postpaid, Mob No. 9849318750) to one of your agent (Name: Jaypal Reddy, Mob. No. : 9849447004) on 10th of October 2007, who visit our campus (Add: Computer Associates, Gachhibowli, Hyderabad) regularly. He told me that it would be migrated within 10 days. After 10 days and onwards,i called him everyday. And everyday he replied me in same words that "it would be migrated today evening/morning". In last, i decided to take help of the customer care.

I called to 121 by my friend mobile(9989233397) on 26th October 2007 and registered a complain (complain no. 14355247 ) regarding migration and also told him the whole story. he had asked me about the number many times which has to be migrated that is 9849318750 and also the SIM no.. And i had told him very clearly the number. He told me that you will get a call on your number 9849318750 and also would get a sms on the number by which you are calling. he told me that it would be resolved by 30th of October 2007.

I again made a call to 121 on 29th October and asked the status against complain no. Customer care told me that everything is ok and it would get resolved by 30th October 2007. Today(31st Oct) my friend get a call on his number (9989233397) from customer care. My friend told to customer care that his no. is not to be migrated his number is alreay postpaid. My friend also told to customer care that you call to no. 9849318750. This no. has to be migrated. At 12:45 pm, I got a miss call from customer care whose number is 9866321865. After getting a miss call, i tried to call this number many times but i got a message every time that this number is not in use.

After 10 minutes my friend came and told me that he had got a call from customer care with same number 9866321865. After then i made a call to 121 and asked about the status of my complain no 14355247. I talked with Mr. Sandeep (begumpet, id: 20886), he told me that this complain no. has been commented that 9849318750 no. is not reachable at 1 pm. I asked him to do needful and i also told him the whole story from beginning. First he told me that he is forwarding a message against this comment then i would get a call again by the evening today. After some times, he told me that he would raise a new request then it would be process very fast. He registered a new complain whose no. is 14391212. I asked him that can i talk to your leader. He forwarded the call to his leader. I again told him (team leader) the whole story from beginning. He told me that he is going to call Airtel Agent (Name: Jaypal Reddy, Mob. No. : 9849447004) and after calling him will get back to me very soon. After 10 mins i got a call from Airtel Agent (Name: Jaypal Reddy, Mob. No. : 9849447004), he asked me that i do not call to customer care. But i did not get any call from Team Leader again.

I again made a call to 121 at 10:30 pm (31st Oct). I talked with Safi and his team leader Mr. Mahendra. They are saying that this complain no. has been closed due to wrong number migration. I asked him to reopen it but they are not ready for it.

So from my last 20 days experience, i felt very bad experience with Airtel and Airtel's staff. I found that every one (from customer care, his team lead to Airtel agent) is trying to speak false to customer as much as he can speak. 20 days is extremely worst case for migration. And still waiting for resolution.
N  3rd of Dec, 2007 by
Dear Sir,

I have requested to HSBC bank for Balance Transfer about Rs.40400 for SBI Credit card.
My HSBC Credit Card No. IS 43845999 9440 3011,
Card no.4006 6760 1958 8378

I get one cheque Rs. 40400 dated 22/09/07, I taken this one. After then HSBC sent me another Cheque Rs. 15770 on dated 27/09/07 without my request. I have so many times called HSBC customer care at No. 9511/23739696. But they did not give me any response. After then I sent the cheque on 12/10/07 Rs. 15770 to the back to HSBC bank with two cross line and written to cancel on cheque. This dropped in the drop box in sivalik tower Kaushambi Ghaziabad.
After then I mail to Customer care HSBC on info@hsbc.co.in, on 23rd October 07, but they did not give me any information. In between I got call from HSBC credit card payment department, they threaten me for paying the full amount. I told as per rule I paid only 5% on Rs. 40400. Remaining extra cheque I have already return to HSBC bank.
But now situation is that HSBC are creating problem. They not giving me proper response. Today I call to Customer care on no.9511/23738989, they are not giving me proper response. First I did not requested to Balance transfer of Rs.15770 why they sent me? Afetr then I return the same cheque to the HSBC Bank. It was not taken by me. So where is the problem to HSBC, why they are not reversing from card account.

New Card No. 4006 6760 1958 8378 was generated by HSBC on 16 nov.07 without information and without my application. After then send me Balance transfer Rs.15770 without my request, why it was done by HSBC bank. Now they are telling me, you go to HSBC bank and fill up the Stamp paper Farm Rs.200 for disability. Why I will do this?

Dear Sir,

Please take this matter seriously, Please inquiry from them why they do this? Why unnecessary create problem.

Rajesh Singh Tomar
D  13th of Dec, 2007 by
False commitment, unfriendly customer associates and managers, useless service. This month what happened with me that I took this decision of leaving Airtel for through out my life is like this. After enquiring @ 121 subscribed for Rs. 25/- local calls @ re.1./-, but the C.C. Exec. activated Rs.45/-p.m. (daily decrement of Re.1.5/-).

When I took this connection this plan enabled me to call local numbers at Rs 1 per min. Inspite of local plan they charge me Rs.2.25/- per min for WLL numbers. Whereas, Vodafone & other service providers treat WLL's as mobile number & charge as same for what they charge for mobiles. On 4th Nov 2007, I unsubscribed from this plan. I got the sms from their side that my plan will be cancelled within 48hrs. But today is the Friday, 14th December 2007 i.e; more than a month but, my scheme is still active. They are still charging daily rental. Moreover, some day they charge me rental of Re.1.5/- & some day they charge Rs.2/-. This are my various complaint nos.1119525361, 1116557676, 174302, CPRDTQ121310705200. Apart, from this i hav tried to unsubscribe from the pack by sending SMS as DEACT to 1515, but, of no use.

Yesterday, I visited Borivali (W) relationship center, but, i came to knew that their office (Relationship Center) is under renovation. From their i have to go to Kandivali (West) relationship center. The C.C.Exec. told me that their Whole prepaid system is down & cannot resolve the query. It's not mine fault.

Now, I don't have time to visit Airtel Relationship center every now & than. Its a fault on their side. Hence, I must get refund for my deduction from calculating 4th Nov 2007.

Overall, mine experience with Airtel is Worst. Mine validity is upto April 2008. After my validity gets over i will switch over to some other service provider. "Airtel Is Worst."

Mine Contact details are Mob.9867744321
Email:- singhvikas235@yahoo.co.in, singhvikas235@gmail.com
N  23rd of Dec, 2007 by
I have been observing that whenever i make calls, especially ISD/STD calls & try to terminate the call 1-3 seconds before the next pulse starts, it invariably carries forward to the next pulse & I end up paying for the full pulse even though I have not used any talk time for that pulse.

Initially, I did not notice this, but now it is quite evident that this is how the software has perhaps been written to "increase" the billing!!

Has this been bought to the notice of TRAI or OMBUDSMAN or MRTPC? The erring company(AIRTEL) should be asked to pay damages/penalties worth a few hundred crores, as they would have made much more than that with a minor "adjustment" in the software.
A  16th of Feb, 2008 by
i want disconnection the connection for 2 months, because i am going to china for an office work. please make it as soon as possible.

Bharti Airtel Logo Bharti Airtel