Airtel Gprs / gprs is very slow

I live in Sindri, Dhanbad, Jharkhand. The speed of Airtel GPRS service is very slow about 10 times slower than they said to be which is 115.2Kbps. They have increased the charge of GPRS service to Rs. 249/- from Rs.99/- Monthly but not the speed.

What a poor service!

A  6th of Jun, 2007 by
I totally agree to this. Airtel GPRS speed is too slow. Its frustrating. Its becoming slower and slower day by day. They are giving away a lot of connections but not improving speed.Its a waste of time.

I have taken the year unlimited package paying Rs.1500. But its a total waste. Hope Airtel will do something about this, if they want to be on top. I think we can try others like Reliance which looks to be promising in future.
A  19th of Jul, 2007 by
I am airtel gprs customer (as per airtel ppl :P ) and using gprs since last 2 yrs, now i changed my cell phone to nokia 3230 which is edge class 10 handset. But my speed doesn't makes any difference by edge. So i complained in airtel cc and they just wrote a complain 20 dayz back and told me that they 24 working hrs to resolve my problem. I wait for 5 days but my speed was about 5-6 kBps then i made another complain regarding same issue... but they don even reply for my complain no... when i request cc exe to give me current status they disconnect the call and banned my call for cc. Only through sms i can make complain to them... (in north east i can make 3 calls in day or total 30 calls in a month to cc ) but i know i just made around 7-8 calls in these 20 days. Now i get a new prob i.e my net speed goes below 1 kBps even i cant login to yahoo... with airtel cc people are doing...

I thought to contact nodal officer but the no which i found on website are not reachable, i mailed to 121@airtelindia.com, but only auto confirmation i got from direct side.
A  17th of Aug, 2008 by
im reejo..
I am airtel gprs customer and i connect my laptop with my nokia 9300i.. but the speed is very poor.. like 2 kbps - 5 kbps.. so i cant do anything in this.. but when it connect that time indicate the speed is 115.2 kbps.. but this is not true.. and i conduct with customer care also abt this mater.. they also dont response to this.. dammmn...
N  6th of Sep, 2008 by
i use the airtelgprs dailypack.its speed is very slow.so, i want to increase the speed for gprs airtel.it doesnot open the you tube.please give any software for increase the gprs
N  15th of Sep, 2008 by
D  18th of Sep, 2008 by
for your speed problems... you must know some basic things..
your mobile (or any browser) always shows speed is KiloBYTES/second...

what kbps means is KiloBITS/second...

to convert kbps into KBytes/s YOU HAVE TO DIVIDE BY 8

So a 128 kbps speed means 128/8 ---> 16 Kbs which is most of you people are getting..
Also some speed is always lost in TCP/IP operations
(Note: Speed also depends on your location and network availability)

Every company always shows speed in Kbps or Mbps ..

So a 2Mps speed doesn't mean you can download 2 mb of data in one second... it means you will be able to download roughly 512 kb/s out which 10% is sucked by TCP/IP resulting into a speed of 460 kb/s

There is no problem in AIRTEL, problem is in you... you don't know these technical terms and then run complaining about them..

I know AIRTEL sucks but it sucks the least of any other sercvice procvider (TRY IT if you doubt)

Bharti Airtel Logo Bharti Airtel