Airtel Data Card Internet Services / different customer care people give different information
Following is the copy of the complaint that i submitted to Airtel Customer Care email@example.com
This is regarding my pathetic condition while dealing with the Customer Care (CC) as well as the Airtel Outlet People.
The bottom line of this complaint is that Different Customer Care people give different information, even after asking whether they are sure of the information that they are providing. I will just tell how:
Before going for the purchase of the Data Card i called up CC for asking about the plan and the address of the Nearest Airtel Outlet. Address that they gave was correct.
Wrong information that they provided is as follows:
1. No Documents are required for purchasing the Airtel Data Card Connection.
So without collecting any documents i went to the shop and then was given a list of the documents required. since i was in the urgent need of the connection, i had to run pillar and post to submit the documents. Had the CC person told me that documents are required, i would have atleast collected the docs and then went.
2. Regarding Data Transfer Query:
I asked as to how is the Data Download Counted: as there are three plans depending upon the data download.
The information given was ONLY THE FILES THAT YOU DOWNLOAD FROM WEBSITE AND THE ATTACHMENTS FROM YOUR MAILS WILL ONLY GET COUNTED.
I specifically asked by citing example that if i open (say) ORKUT.COM then temporarily that page is downloaded onto the system and in this website so many pictures are displayed , so whether this data transmitted is also counted. TO SAY MY BAD LUCK OR WHAT, Both the CUSTOMER CARE as well as the AIRTEL OUTLET at GANDHI BAZAAR, BANGALORE people told me NO SIR ONLY if you download those pictures or any file then that will only be counted.
Now when i am really using the services, i find that all DATA RECEIVED and DATA SENT i.e. all DATA TRANSMITTED is counted. This i got confirmed from Technical Team @ 7070. Earlier in the impression that only DATA DOWNLOADED (not even DATA RECEIVED) is counted i selected Aritel Internet Plan of Rs. 350 of 500 MB.
BUT now i am finding myself in a fix as to what to do because at this speed the data counted will very well exceed this limit as per my hours of usage.
The thing is that whom to believe, CC people or Airtel Outlet People or Technical Support People and more than that DO I NEED TO TRIANGULATE every time i make a query like this.
More Airtel Data Card Internet Services Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Airtel - don't trust airtel! 
- [Resolved] Lost My Cell With An Airtel Sim Card - please block my number - 9970516597 
- [Resolved] Airtel / Puk Number - unable to get puk number! 
- Airtel Do Not Call Registry - continue to receive unsolicited calls and sms! 
- Bharti Airtel Limited - balance tower site rent 
- Bharti Airtel - not getting network in prepaid mobile no. 8800944537
- Bharti Airtel - recharge amount rs 99 not reflected in airtel contact no.9816578315
- Bharti Airtel - international roaming - charged more for no service
- Prepaid Airtel Number - number not working
- Bharti Airtel - telephone/ internet