Airtel Data Card Internet Services / different customer care people give different information

India Review updated:
Following is the copy of the complaint that i submitted to Airtel Customer Care 121@airtelindia.com

This is regarding my pathetic condition while dealing with the Customer Care (CC) as well as the Airtel Outlet People.

The bottom line of this complaint is that Different Customer Care people give different information, even after asking whether they are sure of the information that they are providing. I will just tell how:

Before going for the purchase of the Data Card i called up CC for asking about the plan and the address of the Nearest Airtel Outlet. Address that they gave was correct.

Wrong information that they provided is as follows:

1. No Documents are required for purchasing the Airtel Data Card Connection.

So without collecting any documents i went to the shop and then was given a list of the documents required. since i was in the urgent need of the connection, i had to run pillar and post to submit the documents. Had the CC person told me that documents are required, i would have atleast collected the docs and then went.

2. Regarding Data Transfer Query:
I asked as to how is the Data Download Counted: as there are three plans depending upon the data download.

I specifically asked by citing example that if i open (say) ORKUT.COM then temporarily that page is downloaded onto the system and in this website so many pictures are displayed , so whether this data transmitted is also counted. TO SAY MY BAD LUCK OR WHAT, Both the CUSTOMER CARE as well as the AIRTEL OUTLET at GANDHI BAZAAR, BANGALORE people told me NO SIR ONLY if you download those pictures or any file then that will only be counted.

Now when i am really using the services, i find that all DATA RECEIVED and DATA SENT i.e. all DATA TRANSMITTED is counted. This i got confirmed from Technical Team @ 7070. Earlier in the impression that only DATA DOWNLOADED (not even DATA RECEIVED) is counted i selected Aritel Internet Plan of Rs. 350 of 500 MB.

BUT now i am finding myself in a fix as to what to do because at this speed the data counted will very well exceed this limit as per my hours of usage.

The thing is that whom to believe, CC people or Airtel Outlet People or Technical Support People and more than that DO I NEED TO TRIANGULATE every time i make a query like this.

A  2nd of Feb, 2007 by
I took an airtel data card 5 days before but the speed is very less it is taking 5 min to open any website the mac i can get is not even 20kbps. Even gmail is not opening at nights when i inquired cc they told that the given speed is 236kbps but u can get an average of 150 kbps but i am getting only 20 kbps. Do not buy airtel data cards. It's poor product.
A  20th of Sep, 2007 by
While opening the Global Trotter Mobility Manager, we are getting the error as follows.

"Cannot initialize the application"

And we could not use the Airtel Data card.
N  28th of Sep, 2007 by
i had purchased an aitel data card on16/6/07 from the following dealer,SHREE MADHAVA,franchisee airtel,E13,block-15,prince tower,near kohinoor bar,sanjay place,agra-282002.after installation while trying 2 open the Global Trotter Motility Manager,I received a error as follows,
"fatal error occured during installation" and since then i was not able 2 use it.I contacted the dealer who
said that its not compatible with windows vista and he asked me 2 install windows xp so as 2 use it.I had specifically asked him during purchase regarding this and he had replied that it has nothng 2 do with the operating system.I got irritated but still I went with his words and installed xp still the same probs reccured.I went back 2 him for refund but he refused.He said that he would sell it to some other customer and then refund me back.till now there is no response.I had been waiting patiently till now.I have contacted him several times in the meanwhile,but i couldnt get any responsible answer from him.Hope u take the required action.
A  21st of May, 2008 by

"Cannot initialize the application"

then i click ok
It will closed.
N  15th of Apr, 2011 by
i have 3G data card and recently got the first bill of Rs.354.53 the last date was 11-04=2011
which i have deposited on 08-04-2011 Rs.360.00 but on 15-04-2011 it is not being connected and every times message being displayed"connection terminated"customer care number i have tried at least 15-20 times but all in vain and i am helpless.

Bharti Airtel Logo Bharti Airtel