Airtel Call Home / wrong 1-8877 number

1 India Review updated:

I can't make call using the number provided. It is having busy signal. I am keep trying. It is waste of time to sign up with these kind of bad customer service.

A

Comments

• Vi
      16th of Dec, 2006

I have also been cheated by Airtel / Bharti. They have deducted money from my credit card without even sending me my account details.

These people suck, they cannot be contacted by web, email or phone.

• Ud
      16th of Dec, 2006

The same happened with me. And they claim to give double minutes during signup so that one signs up with the maximum amount.

• Ne
      17th of Dec, 2006

I can never expect a company like airtel to give such a poor service. I am so disappointed in them. Nothing is working. No customer service. Till date i am not able to make even a single call. I am really serious.

• Ri
      17th of Dec, 2006

I have also registered for this call home offer of airtel. But didn't receive any confirmation mail with a/c number and PIN. I choose $100 option for this. So it is really shocking for me that a company like Airtel is cheating people like this. And how they are doing this in a country like US? Is there any step we can take against them? The customer care number is also I believe a fake number coz it is either engaged all the time or if you by chance get the line, they will keep u on hold for hours.So no use of the same. No response of mail also.So this is quite possible that they are harassing common people like anything.I think we need to take an action for this.

• Ga
      17th of Dec, 2006

Horrible Service ! Shame on Airtel ! No customer service, no connectivity, waste of time & money !

Never recommend anybody.

• Mu
      17th of Dec, 2006

I agree to this, the customer service number never worked its is fake number, didnt expect such a worse service from Bharti group. Shame on them!

• Ke

Airtel SUCKS

I tried registering on 12/14 but their website didn't let me register. But my credit card was still charged despite of failed registration.

I registered today and the website said it was successful but I dont know my username and password so I can't do anything.

From last 3 and half hours I am trying their customer service number but I cant reach them.

These people are jerks and they are cheaters.

Its waste of time and hard earned money.

Please DO NOT trust Airtel

• Su
      17th of Dec, 2006

Do not waste your time and time. It is a joke.
    Nothing works, except charging your credit card.

Do not waste your time and money

• Ra
      17th of Dec, 2006

Airtel service really suck.
    I cannot really believe they are so bad.

• Bh
      17th of Dec, 2006

I talked to customer service that my account shows half the money I bought the service of. She told me that in 4 hours it will show the correct amount. It is seven day and now I cannot use the 877 number to dial outside as it is always dead. Also the customer care number is dead and no one talks. Such a unprofessional service. At least return our money.

17th of Dec, 2006

AirtelCallHome service really sucks! Calling service from USA to India by Airtel (Bharati Inc.) is really frustrating. First of all, very poor website for a/c registration,recharge,etc...although web 2.0, it takes minutes to process even a single click and most of time, it says failure of action..please try again..While making calls with toll free no., it comes busy for most of the time and once i connect with it and dial no. to India, it hangs up abruptly soon after ringing..These guys really need subtle improvement before they roll in US market..overall poor service compare to Reliance India Call..no matter later is little expensive(12 cents compare to ~ 8-9 cent a minute for India)...I won't recommend airtell call home service (www.airtelcallhome.com)...also, customer service no. is not working at all...seems like it doesn't exist at all!?!?

• Ar

One big Word before I begin any thing on them:

"AIRTEL SUCKS"

I tried to register 5 times and every time at the last step the site said it failed to register and took me to the registration page and 6 time I got succeeded and was able to register. Now after 4 days of this happening I got emails where I was been registered 5 more times and my credit card is charged all the 5 times.

You cannot contact customer service either through email or phone. They are cheating big with all the consumers. I really hope and wish we can do some thing about this.

• Sr
      17th of Dec, 2006

I am also facing the same problem, I bought 50$. When I tried to make a call to India I am always getting engaged line. I called my credit card company and dispute the payment.

• Pi
      17th of Dec, 2006

Thanks guys. I use Pingo which gives 9 c per minute. Service is not as good as reliance but I will give them 9/10 marks if Reliance is 10/10. I was thinking to switch to Airtel but now I will not. In India I used Airtel cellular service and they always charged me some fake amount. This company sucks as is their brand ambassador.

• Ra
      18th of Dec, 2006

I am in the same boat like all of you. They charged my credit card but did not receive any email with account details. I tried email and Phone to contact customer service but no response from them. I am going to talk to my credit card company and dispute the charge and then complain this Better business bureau(BBB). I encourage all of you to do this.

• Pi
      18th of Dec, 2006

This is just ridiculous and disgusting.

My card got debited 3 times because I tried 3 times and got 'Invalid Card" error. I am disputing the transaction with my bank.

Is there a dept of state 's consumer protection kind of site or link where we can complain about this ???

18th of Dec, 2006

Deny or challenge payments from your Credit Card company.
    Then, Airtel wont be able to charge others on same card at least.

• Vi
      18th of Dec, 2006

One more sufferer...Airtel charged my card without giving me a minute to talk. All this after I patiently put my with their crappy website. I am flabbergasted that they are still in business! I will not recommend Airtel to anybody. I will pay more, get less, but never again with Airtel. Calling cards are better ... you at least get a chance to speak to somebody...this is ridiculous..don't get in here for the money!

• De
      18th of Dec, 2006

This is the WORST ever website I have encountered...and what a scam!!! Based on my experience it makes me wonder is they are ready to do any kind of business at all!!!
    The website is the MOST HORRIBLE WEBSITE I have ever visited. I tried signing up a couple of days back and I filled in all the information, and used the same email id to sign up. I used a Mastercard credit card and requested to charge $25. The message I received on the browser was that the transaction was unsuccessful and that my registration could not be completed. I tried doing this a total of 4 times. I am seeing now that my credit card has been charged 4 transactions of $25 each, that is a total of $100.

If I do not hear from you within the next couple of days, I will be contacting the credit card company to dispute these charges, and will also communicate to the FTC and the state attorney general's office here in Illinois.

The customer support line is constantly busy and I am not able to get through in any other fashion. I tried to use their feedback portion of their website on the "Contact Us" page and typed in this message, and it tells me that the fields are mandatory when clearly I have typed in all the requisite information!!! Even school kids write better programs/websites these days.

• Su
      21st of Dec, 2006

Guys Reliance India too has slashed the rates.....check it out....this will be a very good lesson to Bharti....