Airtel Call Home / no response from the company to handle complaints

1 India Review updated:

I have my account in the airtel call home where I can call India. Since the first day, the website doesn't work properly. It nearly took me 3 hrs just to log in. I have paid 50$ for registering in it. Now my password is locked and the customer care number [protected] does not even work. There is a place in website where we can lodge complaint or give feedback. Even the website is not allowing me enter any information. I tell, this is the worst website design and customer care. My amount is locked with them where I can't do any thing. Could someone help me how I can prioritize this.

Rgds,
Chaitanya

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Ro
      15th of Dec, 2006

I had similar problem with Airtel and I know for sure, couple of my friends had the same problems.

Since they are collecting money and not delivering the service they promised and no customer service, no money back, IT IS NOTHING BUT FRAUD.

We should teach a lesson for companies like this. I am lodging a complaint to US Federal Trade Commission and everyone who got cheated should do the same.

• Na
      16th of Dec, 2006

For me also the same problem. it debited amount from credit card but the log on confirmation screen says : unsuccessful registration".

Now they simply debited from my account.

I tried to call the customer care number, but that also not working.

• Va
      16th of Dec, 2006

I just got cheated myself! I emailed the customer care . Why are Indian companies showing their true colors all over the world? It sucks!

• Va
      16th of Dec, 2006

Hey, even I got the unsuccessful registration message. It just sucks!

• Up
      16th of Dec, 2006

I charge my account with airtelcallhome and after couple days my password looked and i try to contact to customer service nobody answer the phone i try 1000 times, its worst and ### no answer and my money is locked and i can not do any complain because their website have no e mail or customer service is not working, so please let me know what i have to do to unlock my pin.

• Ra
      17th of Dec, 2006

I have the same issue with the service of airtel. The reg.. was complete but dose not allow to login, and there is no response from the customer care ... this is really stupid and the worst service I have ever seen ...

-Rahul

16th of Dec, 2006

This is big SCAM for Mittal and companies. I have locked $ 25 and they does not allow to contact them by any mode.

16th of Dec, 2006

Airtel sucks. I also registered a few days back, i did not receive any confirmation about my account. Do you guys think the website is down or a big fraud?

• In
      17th of Dec, 2006

I agree, their service is terrible..not that there is any!!..my account is locked, in a week I have managed just one call out of at least 30 attempts, customer care is unresponsive..at a complete loss as to what to do!!!

• Bh
      17th of Dec, 2006

I agree with everyone. I have made several complaints and send two mails and no Response. We need to shut down the services so that the others who are lured by the offer and the company name AIRTEL will not buy cards from their website.

• Sr
      17th of Dec, 2006

Worst customer service that I experienced with. Now I realized that it is not worth of my money and valuable weekend time. Finally, I got control of these guys and they said the y will refund my money with in days, i have to wait and see!

• Aj
      18th of Dec, 2006

This service is a complete fraud. I suffered/am suffering through the exact same problems as detailed by others. Please lodge your complains to the US FTC.

• Ka

GUYS.

I went to the State Department of New York and tried to track down the USA entity under Airtel group registered here in New York. They were incorporated Sep 12, 2006 as BHARTI AIRTEL (USA) LIMITED.

Lacks a resisted agent but here is the DOS address who will direct communication and lawsuit information to the company. Please file a class action or collective consumer lawsuit.

THOMPSON HINE LLP
    ATTN JIM JALIL
    335 MADISON AVENUE 13TH FLOOR
    NEW YORK, NEW YORK, 10017

Lets get these cheating ###!

-Kaizer Cooper, CPA

• Ka
      19th of Dec, 2006

To all people affected by this fraud:

Contact the Attorney Generals Office at:

(212) 416 8400

OR

1-800-771-7755

Also offices are located at 120 Broadway, Lower Manhatten, NY.

Please take definitive action and file a complaint. Sitting at home cribbing about it and not doing anything is not going to help.

19th of Dec, 2006

I agree with the everyone. I have a similar experience. They charged me $50.00 and now I cannot make any calls. The 800 number for customer support never works. The feedback section on the website docent work as well. I sent them a email and they never got back to me about my complaint. How can a company like Bharti do something like that. It is so unprofessional and disgusting. They are not capable of doing this business and must shut down the this business and return the money to everyone.

I am just about ready to take them to court. This is one of the worst service that I've received.

19th of Dec, 2006

Airtel call India is a CHEAT website. Beware of this site. Never create a account and give your credit card number on this site. 1. They have charge twice $25.00 on my account. 2. They have locked my account - I can not place any call to India. To resolve the issues... I am trying to get hold of 24x7 Customer Care No. 1-877-247-5150 but it NEVER WORKS - Always you will get busy signal. The "Current Balance", " Change Registered Numbers", "Account History" in the website... never works. I am very much frustrated. Called my credit card company for fraud protection - Hopefully I will not loose more than $25.00 - Thanks to fraud protection on my credit card.

http://www.techtree.com/India/News/ Airtel_CallHome_Debuts_in_USA/551-77728-613.html

• Sr
      20th of Dec, 2006

I have just filed a complaint with the FTC, would suggest we all file with them so that the process of investigation starts quickly and also a Collective consumer suit should be the next step.

• Ra
      20th of Dec, 2006

I also have the same problem. I have 50 Dollars registered. I am not able to add any number to register. Also not able to reach customer care.

27th of Dec, 2006

Worst !! I signed up for Airtel call home and it sucks! Nothing works at all. This is just fraud.

• Ge
      28th of Dec, 2006

Tips For Pre-Paid Phone Cards

In just the past decade, the phone card industry has mushroomed to a $4 billion industry with an estimated 500 million cards sold last year alone. Pre-paid phone cards offer convenience for travelers and access to generally economical telecommunications prices for those consumers without telephone service in their homes. However, there are things to consider when purchasing a pre-paid phone card.

Beware of Extremely Low Rate Cards: If you are buying a prepaid calling card from an unfamiliar company, buy the minimum denomination and try it. Because some companies advertise rates as low as 1? per minute, this way you should be able to spot surcharges and hidden costs before you spend a lot of money.

Before you purchase a prepaid telephone card, carefully read the card and its package very closely for the following fees and surcharges:

Connection Fee: Many cards charge at least 50? for connection and in some cases even more each time you make a call.
    Pay Phone Surcharge: Many cards charge an additional fee of at least 50? per call for each call made from a pay phone.
    International Surcharge: Many cards charge an additional fee of up to $3.00 for each international call.
    Taxes: Many cards levy an additional surcharge of up to 25% per call for "taxes."
    "Maintenance Fees": Some cards charge a weekly "maintenance fee" after the card is first used. If you use the card only occasionally, this fee can add up.
    Rounding: Most cards round up a call to the next minute. Some cards use six minute rounding. This means a one minute call will be charged as a six minute call.
    How to Shop for a Prepaid Calling Card

Many prepaid phone cards do not disclose enough information, especially information about their actual rates which is necessary to enable consumers to make informed purchasing decisions.

Cards that charge very low per minute rates (1?- 4.9?) but high surcharges may still be a reasonable value if you make calls of 10-15 minutes each.

If you anticipate using the card to make calls under 10 minutes, cards that charge a higher per minute rate (9.9? and up) but do not have surcharges are probably the better deal.

Those who expect to use pay phones should be careful to look for cards that don?t surcharge for this service.

Although many prepaid phone cards make express promises of substantial savings, many fail to disclose the basis of the claimed savings.

The quality of the service provided can vary dramatically among prepaid phone cards. Some cards provide excellent service. With others, consumers may encounter trouble connecting to calls or with the quality of the call. Still others charge for uncompleted calls or turn out not to work at all.

There are also significant differences in the features provided by prepaid phone cards. Before buying a prepaid calling card, consider how you will use the card. Some cards provide no extra features, while others provide consumers with such benefits as the ability to proceed in different languages, speed dialing, the ability to be recharged to add additional value and protection against loss.

Additional benefits often come at a price. The more features a prepaid phone card has and the more information it provides its users, the more expensive it tends to be.

Questions or complaints about pre-paid phone cards or its posters or advertisements should be directed to the Attorney General?s consumer help line at (800) 771-7755.