Airtel / billing problems and customer harassment!

1 India Review updated:

I had made a full and final payment for my IBM CUG corporate Airtel connection on 27-01-2006. I have all the proofs by way of bill payment receipt. Even after settling the account, Airtel has filed a case against me. It is beyond my understanding how Airtel can harass me even after bill payment. I am facing this harassment for the past one year by the Airtel people calling up again and again in the pretext of different people. I don't get any response for the mails forwarded to higher authorities of Airtel. After every 3 months, a different lawyer calls up for the bill payment.

I am left with no other choice than to file a case against Airtel in the consumer court for causing me mental agony.

Comments

• Ka
      24th of Feb, 2007

I have been using Airtel prepaid connection since 8th July, 2006. I had faced two problems of amount deduction. So let me explain both of these:

(1) After purchasing new connection on 8th July, 2006 I was deducted Rs 30 (approx) after few days using it. I called to Customer Care and they replied "The roaming charges has been deducted due to negative balance of the previous customer". The problem has not been solved.

(2) On 4th February, 2007 Airtel has deducted Rs. 138 without any reason. I had not sent request for "Hello Tunes" or anything and received 10 sms from 6781 and 6782 that your Hello tune has been activated and thank you for downloading dogs tune. I called to Customer Care they were just tried to piss me off though they didn't care about my problem. So the issue has been closed. I wasted too much time in talking to Customer Care but they did nothing.

I have all sms saved in my inbox. I would have felt better if I get my money back which has been deducted by the fault or any other matter.

• So
      14th of Apr, 2007

Sub: Withdrawal of Free Incoming while Roaming

Dear Team,

I opted for 02 connections of Tata Indicom in Aug'06 and since then i am paying heavy bills & suddenly one day i got a shocking news that they are withdrawing this scheme and what is this when i took the two connection because of this service only then why you have withdrawn your services. I am very unhappy with the services & the customer care team of Tata. I think your competitor Reliance is most trust worthy because they don't withdraw the schemes what are beneficial for customers. This is very ridiculous and i will surrender my connection very soon.

Thanks

• Sw
      27th of Jun, 2007

I am airtel prepaid user and my number is 9940ssssss. Someone is making blank calls to my number and talking very indecently... We could not trace him since he is a airtel prepaid user and he did not give any address proof for his prepaid card. He had also collected my family details from the address proof i have given while buying an airtel prepaid card.

29th of Aug, 2007
    Airtel - Serious billing problem
    India

Airtel has a serious problem with their bill payment system for add-on connections. This would affect those who are making an online payment. Problem has been reported to Airtel and the ticket number Airtel has provided is: 13615899. I have also provided the payment reference number: 7441286823.

Whenever an add-on connection is taken, Airtel associates a second account number to the second phone number. Subsequently when a payment is made using the second account number, though the payment gets processed and debited from your account, Airtel has no clue or trace of the payment.

Additionally the bigger problem is the fact that the customer care is not ready to understand and respond to the problem. I reported the problem long back and subsequently I provided all the details they needed but no one has responded or are aware of the details I submitted.

This is such a frustrating experience and I never imagined this is the way they treat customers who are using their services for almost 7 years now.

• Su
      3rd of Sep, 2007

I have a airtel prepaid mobile. When my friends are calling that time they are receiving "error in connection". What is the problem, can someone tell me. Network problem or...

• Ne
      14th of Feb, 2008

The same case is happening with me
    i have also made full & final settlemet in August but now again Airtel has started sending bills to me.
    & their lawyer calling me for cosequenses if i dont pay the bill

• Ro

thanks a lot...

• Ra
      3rd of Jun, 2016

har mahine problen aati hai airtel office me bill jama karte hai to bhaa ka computer hang ho jata hai..or bill ki tarik nikal jati hai. ye problem har mahine aati hai

• Ro
    Airtel - billing problem

bill no:887094518 we have not recieved our monthly bill as per time schedule...so we went to airtel customer office -saidapet ON 23 SEPTEMBER 2010 4.35 PM...we enquired about our bill...they told the bill was RS.1039/ and also told in phone to pay RS.1039/ we have payed RS.1039 ON 23/9/10, IOB CHEQUE NUMBER-964463...BUT WE HAVE RECIEVED OUR BILL COPY ON 25 SEPTEMBER EVENING .THEIR THE BILL AMOUNT WAS RS.1701.WE CALLED THEM THROUGH PHONE THEY TOLD TO PAY THE REMAINING AMOUNT RS.662 WITH FINE ON 25..BECAUSE OF YOUR MISTAKE WHY SHOULD I PAY????????????SO PLEASE TAKE THIS MATTER AND TELL ME HOW TO PAY MY DIFFERENT AMOUNT ????????????????????