Airtel / deactivated my boradband service

India Review updated:

Dear Sir/Madam,

On November 28th 2007, I got the broadband connection from Airtel. To get the connection I had to pay Rs. 500/- for "registration charges". I gave a cheque to the sales person and I told him that I had moved to Chennai just a week back and I do not have a local account and the cheque I am giving is an outstation cheque. The sales person told me that since it is a HDFC cheque you do not have to worry and it is valid. The very next day I got the connection. After a week, "Airtel" de-activated my account. So I had to call the Airtel customer care [protected]) to see why my broadband was de-activated? They told me that the cheque I gave was an outstation cheque and hence they have de-activated my broadband service. I was asking them how this can be rectified. They asked me to go to a near by showroom and I pay the registration fees (Rs.500/-) in cash. I went to Airtel showroom (Arcot road near Chandra Bhavan hotel) and paid the registration fee in cash and got a receipt for the same. After that I got calls from Airtel customer care 5 times and they told me that my complaint has been closed. They had also mailed my cheque (outstation) back to me in courier. Things were going smooth for 3 weeks and suddenly last week (January 4th 2008) my broadband connection was de-activated again. Guess what the reason is the same old one, outstation cheque. In the mean time I got the November-December 2007 bill from Airtel in that they have clearly mentioned about the cash advance (registration fee) which I had paid them. I called the customer care again and told them that how could you de-activate my connection on the basis of outstation cheque and also told them that even the broadband bill which I got from Airtel has my cash payment towards registration fee. Again the customer care person asked me give the receipt number which I gave and I was assured that the line will be restored within 4 hours but unfortunately that did not happen. I again called them on January 5th 2008 @ 10 PM and I was told that I had to give it in writing and they would restore the line in a week’s time. Till now they have not done anything. This is ridiculous, I mean for NO FAULT OF MINE I AM BEING PENALISED. Is there a way I can get justice???

Thanks,

Badri

Comments

Pa
  13th of Oct, 2009
Hi all,

I am unhappy with service of conference & transfer because they are charging monthly rental & call rate both so i request to Airtel to charge only calls rate or only charge conference service charge.

Thanks,
P.R. Joshi
As
  15th of Jan, 2010
I am owning Airtel connection 0731-4213020, Which I want to deactivate due to personnel reason.
Please deactivate connection and stop sending bill to my ECS clearing.Also send me the NOC to submit to bank to stop payment.
Details of Phone is as belows.
1.Account No- 13080903
2.Ph No 0731-4213020
3.Deactivation request date - 15.01.2010.

Please do the needful immidiately

WIth Regards,
Ashok Bhawsar
Ph 9575300310
Ni
  6th of Jan, 2011
sir,
mera no.band kar diya hai muze wo chalu karna hai, airtel ne achaa nahi kiy
a mera no. band karke kyoki wo no.i am unhappy airtel ki wajhase.
mera no. 9890028035 hai no. chalu kardo .
email id-chavannit62@gmail.com
Va
  25th of Jun, 2011
i agree airtel service one of the wrost service in karnataka. i recharged for 5 rs for internet pack but when i seen the balance those mother ###ers debited 80RS from my account. go to hell u airtell.

Bharti Airtel Logo Bharti Airtel