Airtel / save me from 121.. a bunch of untrained idiots!

1 India Review updated:

Things have come to such a pass now that it seems hilarious and a scene out of comedy of errors.. but that is how Airtel 121 operates. I had to transfer my cellphone from my company's name to my name .. on contacting Airtel 121, the first time I was promptly handed over a "concern or complaint number" & was told that someone will pick up the necessary paperwork. The person came to collect papers and told me that my connection will be transferred in 48 hrs.... 96 hrs. or four days later I called up Airtel & was told to wait. I did .. After seven days I called up again & was told that the verification was to be done. On asking what the hell was that.. I was told that someone needs to verify the address.... this should have taken place within 48 hrs but "the other department" failed to put in a verification request... I was also told that the verification will take place the same day. Of course nothing happened. Next day I spoke to a different person. Of course he did not read or tried to get familiar with the details of the case.. but started advising me that it is normal for such things to take 48 hrs.. He also promised me the same day service and assured me that he was not like others.... Day 8.. some idiot calls me and tells me that he is at my company address for verification of the address... Of course he hanged up promptly when I pointed out the address. I called the gods at 121 again and this time another person assured me that he will make sure that this guy is straightened out and the verification is done immediately. He claimed that my experience so far was with ###s of 121 and he was the real guy. Day 9... I get a sms that the resolution of my concern must have been up to my satisfaction and thanks for using airtel. .... I called up the gods again.... this time the goddess assured me that she will follow up and the verification will be done immediately before noon.. she also promised to take up the matter with the "other department" that sent me the sms..... Well they did call me in the afternoon and said that "no such owner exist at the address.. or something.. " meaning that someone had come for verification.. well another lie as perhaps I know my address and I live at my address... also my maid and mother is always at home. On pointing this out to the 121 goddess.. she of course said that she will forward a complaint.. and once again she was not like others... By the way that day I was home all the time due to another Airtel screw up on my bill.

These guys are completely untrained.. do not have any customer orientation and never ever read the details before talking to the customers. You have to explain the same thing to thirty people none of them understands the complete picture and they act like well "gods" and infallible.

Each one of them promises to get back to you within hours if not the same day.. but they never do. Even now after speaking to one of them four hours back, I am waiting for their call that was to take place within forty five minutes.

HAIL Airtel 121 Your anytime anywhere customer service.

Sa

Comments

• So
      5th of Dec, 2007

The service provided by airtel is worse and pathetic. Its their job to take money in any way they want to but dont provide any service satisfactorily. Now a days Airtel has become money making company than service providing. I have a post paid jodi connection of nos 9818201790 and 9818067360. My validity was still 06/12/07. In order to continue the service without any barred service my husband thought to recharge on 05/12/2007. Suddenly the amt in my cell showed 0 and in grace period. By which I was unable to call even after recharging. I called the customer care executives; they didn't help me out when I said them the problem and said it would be recovered with in 24 hrs. I requested them that I would stay alone at home and during necessity I would not be able to make any call. They refused to help me out and said you can add some value to it and they would compensiate any thing for the problem which is created by them. The CCE's are very pathetic and worse and not helpfull in any manner. Moreover, they said that this intimation had been given to me through sms that the connection will be barred for 1 day, but I didn't get any messge from them. The only message that I received was ''Kindly recharge as today is the last day of your validity period. .....'' sent on 05/12/2007, 04/12/2007, 04/12/2007, 01/12/2007. The airtel cce lies a lot and this is not the first time, I have seen many instances that they do what ever they want to without intreaming the customers.
    I would request you to take necessary action and revert me asap.

Thanks and regards