[Resolved] Airtel Broadband / std facility locked without our intimation

1 AL, India Review updated:

Please note our Ph. No. 044-[protected] (Chennai). We found in this line the STD facility is locked for more than a month's time without our permission.

We request you to kindly look in to this and do the needfull immediately by releasing the STD LOCK.

Hope this kind of unexpected service will not happen in future.

Our Address :

Maco Corporation India Pvt Ltd
2nd Floor, Amar Sindur Building
43, Pantheon Road,
Egmore, Chennai - 600 008

• Resolution statement

• Bharti Airtel Customer Care's Response, Nov 28, 2009

Dear Customer,

This is to inform you that your concern has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologies for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

Regard's

Kamal Singh
    Airtel Customer Service Team

• Bharti Airtel Customer Care's Response, Apr 22, 2013

Namaste Aniruddhagr,

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 21 April 2017 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

For any queries you may have you can also get in touch with us at [protected]@in.airtel.com.

• Bharti Airtel Customer Care's Response, Apr 23, 2013

Namaste Aniruddhagr,

Further to our discussion dated 21 April 2017, your concern is being worked upon. We would require some more time to resolve it and shall keep you updated of the progress.

Deepak Mohod

• Bharti Airtel Customer Care's Response, Apr 26, 2013

Namaste Aniruddhagr,

Thanks for the update; we value your association with airtel. Do let us know if we could be of any further assistance.

• Bharti Airtel Customer Care's Response, Jan 10, 2015

Dear Mani,

This is with reference to your post dated 08 January 2017. We are working on your concern and would require some more time to resolve it. We shall keep you updated of the progress.

You can also get in touch with us at airtel.[protected]@in.airtel.com

Regards,
    Rakesh Kumar
    airtel.[protected]@in.airtel.com

• Bharti Airtel Customer Care's Response, Jan 18, 2015

Dear Mani,

This is with reference to your post dated 08 Jan. 2017. We would like to confirm that we have shared the resolution details with you.

Should you require further information, please feel free to write to us at airtel.[protected]@airtel.com

Regards,
    Sandeep Kumar
    airtel presence (airtel customer service team)
    bharti airtel ltd.
    airtel.[protected]@airtel.com

Um

Comments

• He
      16th of Dec, 2006
    Airtel Broadband - worst broadband in the world!
    India

Never ever use airtel broadband. I have used airtel broadband for 1 month and faced tons of issues wrt their bill. I had 444mb plan in which I I can have 444mb download. But whenever I used skype for voice chat they have charged me extra for that... Which turned out my 1st month bill to be 1800 inr (Expected was 550 inr). Where as the 444mb limit is yet to be reached... They never mentioned anything about this even I discussed about the voice chat with their customer care..

Airtel u sucks... U better stay with ur gsm... Dont expand as ur services are just harassing people...

Jai bharat... No bharti!!!

• Kr
      17th of Feb, 2007

It is very unfortunate to see airtel service in this poor state.

I am facing a lot of trouble since one and a half month. The connection is getting lost at the time of surfing and i have to restart the modem to get back the connection.

I have lodged a complain on 5th of FEB having Ref. No. 6625670. This particular complain was closed with reason"My connection is working fine and my problem/query have been resolved"-as told by one of your cust. care executives.

Again i lodged a complain on 15th of FEB having Ref.No. 6838951, i have been told that my complain would be addressed by 16th FEB within 1.30p.m.

I was eagerly waiting the whole day for any call/person to turn up, but still there is no sight of AIRTEL team to have a courtesy to address my problem.

I can only wish you all to keep up the good service like what i have received.

Three cheers!!! to AIRTEL SERVICE

28th of Feb, 2007

I think there is something wrong with the way you are interpreting the bill, like your plan has 444MB usage limit... and using skype comes under usage and hence you will be billed for that... I am with the Cochin team of Airtel BB. Wish your problem gets sorted out at the earliest...

7th of May, 2007

Yesterday i called the airtel broadband people about my internet connections a person by the name rohit picked up the phone he talked to me and a vary rude way he talked about my mom who passed away last year he told me he was going to kill me and he disconnected my internet line the airtel customer service is very rude whenever you call and talk to them they disconnected the phone line and the internet line they hacked my cell phone they hacked my computer many times and they treated me vary rudely and talked to me and a vary rude way they called me all kinds of name one of the airtel workers called and threatened that they was going to kill me i talked to the police about this but there not doing anything about it i recorded everything the airtel worker said but the airtel people keeps covering up them selfs they keep saying that am on drugs are that am crazy are something they dont know how to treat there customers so will someone do something about these airtel people.

• Vi
      4th of Jul, 2007

I reside in a major city in south India. And i could able to see the air tel Tower 200 fits away from my house. But i don't get enough network coverage inside my house. I have issued complaint regarding this issue over several times to different customer care executive which was of no use. Providing same stupid answers are really irritating. Will the concerned department will take right actions?

• St
      12th of Jul, 2007

I am the Co-Owner of AirTEL Broadband which is a Wireless Service provider providing service to the Phonenix West Valley. I have found a number of complaints on this site for an Airtel Broadband. This is not my company!!!

AirTEL BroadBand has its name reserved with the state of Arizona. I am following up with www.complaints.com to find out who is improperly using our name and creating a bad reputation.

• Dr
      2nd of Jan, 2008

I am on 512kbps broadband speed for domestic use. I use the internet to search contents related to my profession, have voice chat over yahoo and download a few MP3 music. I am very surprised to note that my monthly bill has been increasing progressively every month from 1300.00 to 6400.00 this month. Also, there is a billing of Rs 2120.00 on one particular day at a time when the internet was off. It is high time, the company should be taken to court and also some regulatory body to be appointed to go into the billing details of this company. i would like any top executive of airtel to read this and attend to my problem.

• Su
      7th of Jan, 2008
    Airtel Broadband - pathetic service

Hi,
    This is not an email to complain about anything or to lament the customer service or rather the lack of it. We are already way past that stage.
    Rather this is a warning to Airtle to remove their equipment form my premises within 24 hours or I shall dispose of it along with the daily trash that gets thrown out of my house, because that is exactly the sort of treatment that it deserves.
    Let me start from the beginning though, just to put things in perspective.
    I am a subscriber of Airtel's broadband and landline service with A/C no. 11193550 and phone no. 0124-4067790.
    For starters I never received the bill for the monthly period ending November 16, 2017. Sometime in the last week of November I get a call from Airtle on my landline inquiring if I have made the payment! I inform them that I have not received any bill and proceed to give the executive my email address as well so that they can email me the bill as well to enable me to pay it on time. After that I keep waiting for the bill to arrive either through email or through courier but neither happens.
    The next in the series of incidents is that my connection stops working sometime on the 19th of December, 2017. I am out of town from the 20th of December to 2nd January, 2017 and have no clue what's happening till the time I return. Apparently Airtel very conveniently levies a late charge and delivers the bill for the period ending December 16, 2017 at my residence on the 21st of December!
    I called Airtel customer care on 2nd January, 2017 to inform them of the chain of events and the problem and the call center executive sounds as if he couldn't care less, I ask to be connected to a manager. The manager assures me that he has restored my broadband line and my phone connection should be restored within 4 hours - the request number given to me is 3000512. To my extreme surprise and displeasure, nothing has been restored and I keep waiting for a miracle to happen, thank God I didn't drop the payment cheque that I had already written out!
    I called Airtel again today - January 7, 2017 - not once but twice to apprise them of the situation, both times requesting them to connect me to their manager as the call center executives simply have no clue how to handle customers, especially customers who are extremely irritated and unhappy.
    Both times I was asked to give numerous details about my subscription and then after that I was asked to hold the line so that they could connect me to the manager. Despite holding for more than 10 minutes on each call, nothing happened and I was disconnected after the extremely long hold period.
    After this sort of treatment I have already gone in for another service provider and I am writing this email to warn you. As I said earlier if you don't remove your equipment within 24 hours, don't expect it to be in my house after that and it is needless to say that do not expect me to pay a single penny to you as well. Be thankful that I don't have the liberty of time and effort to drag you to consumer court - otherwise I would have loved to do that.
    My advice to anyone thinking of Airtel Broadband - stay away, I think the local 'bhaaji' waala on the street can offer you better service.

Cheers,
    Sumit
    Ph. +91-9873700175

14th of Apr, 2008

i palced a order for airtel broadband connection on 25th march, sales people said that i will be getting connection within 3 days thru underground with junction box fitted in my house, after 7 days i got broadband connection ie on 7th april. when i got the connection i was able to make and receive calls, and the connection was laid overhead not underground no junction box fixed in my house, when i asked engineer he said to contact sales, when i contacted sales they told me to launch complaint on call center i did it saying the connection was not uunderground, then l there started a noise on phone on 8th april and also broadband was also not working. i raised a complaint thru call center, call center people always disconnects the phone they are not trained on anything just like receiptionist they sit and ask every thing to different dept putting customer on hold and call gets disconnected, after many attempts i raised a complaints for these, then one day the noise on phone was sorted and i was able to go online, but still they have not given me underground wiring, no junction box they said it will done within 4 days, still no body has courtesy to call and tell the status or no one provided underground wiring or junction box, every hour and then again there is a noise on phone, again i raised a complaint, no response, at the time of placing order they promised that i will be getting cordless phone no information about that also till date, and again i face problem in seeing online movies, it disconnects after buffering every second, i'm having 256 kbps unlimited plan, call center has billing information as that i got connection on 28th march, i have a bill stating the installation date as 7th april.so there is documentation error, there is improper service, for past 1 week i'm calling the customer service which is very poor, all the purpose to make calls and using internet is useless within these days, i informed them to cancel the connection, they promised they will call back, and i'm getting missed call from engineers and they are not calling at all, so it is customer who need to go behind them for everything with improper service of airtel, within 1 week i faced these much problems with poor service, i requested for cancellation, they said they will call no response yet.By priju varghese-9840930536 landline 044-43329063 chennai

1st of May, 2008
    Airtel Broadband - notice sent by airtel for no mistake of mine
    India

I was a customer with airtel from oct 2017 to jan 2017. Initially I had 699 unlimited plan with airtel in the month of november 2017 I wanted to shift to a limited connection... I called airtel mutiple times to know about the speed 250 plan... Initially they stated that the offer is closed later they stated that they can provide that as an exception to me... The information given to me were:
    1. 25 hrs free browsing.
    2. 50 calls free from the landline.

Later I get a bill in jan stating that my bill amount is 10356/- when I called airtel on the same they stated that this was due to the modem being turned on... How ever when I called multiple times no one informed me that the modem should be switched off hence informed them that I am not ready to pay a huge amount without my mistake... And now in the month of may I get a notice from them stating that I need to pay the amount...

This made me irritated... Airtel sucks.

Any suggestions that people can give.

• Dr
      8th of May, 2008
    Airtel Broadband - broadband service
    Bharti cellular ltd
    India

I have made request for broad band. but nobody contacted. after acomplaint from the office of Dr Chadha, Mr Jha contacted him and give the broad band connection. the same person i have called for new broad band connection at Rohini sector 2 area, but nobody turned about till date. every co knowls that nowa days your marketing is going on . so school are forcing the student to use internet. but we people are not gettinjg the connection, what is the problem. ? i donot know.

Unnecessary time everybody is calling and asking about broadband connection. but when we call nobody turns up.

I hope the concerned will look after this and get the broadband connection in my house
    Lalitha narayanan

• Ya
      28th of May, 2008

Dear Sir,
    we have brodband connection my phone no. is 0129-4061123 please check my internet speed because we
    are getting very slow speed. as per customer care
    my plan is 725/- per month unlimited and speed 256
    kbps but we unable to get 256 kbps. Please give us the reason for this poor services.

• Me
      11th of Jun, 2008
    Airtel Broadband - I hate airtel
    India

Airtel - the worst company ever! I had an airtel broadband landline no. 1stly from teh day of getting connection till disconnecting it, i didn't get any bill. When i got the bill after requesting several times, it was for Rs. 3579. I was shocked because i never used the phone for calling and the bill was for internet usage. I never used it that much. After that after 2 months og regular calling and complaints, one executive from airtel, Aditya Malhotra called and asked for Rs. 2017 as full and final settlement, after waiver of Rs. 1589. To avoid the problems, i gave him the money and he never turned up. he gave me no NOC which i was supposed to receive the next day. And now, again the airtel people are calling me for the rest of the amount. I suggest everybody, never to take any airtel connection. You will screw up ur life.

3rd of Sep, 2008
    Airtel Broadband - broadband connection delay
    Airtel Broadband
    www.airtel.co.in

I have registered by paying Rs. 500 on 16th August to Mr.Thanraj, Sales Officer. He informed me that i will get the connection within 5 working days. But even till today after 13 working days I didn’t get the connection. Whenever I calling him, he is telling I will get the connection today. Even cable work has not been started till now. Can you please let me know the work going on behind this?

If I will get the connection within 5th Sep, please return back my money. I will go for some other ISP who should know the value of customer.

• Ro
      17th of Nov, 2008

With reference to the below mail, we would like to inform you that on 5.11.08, we have requested
    For deactivation of voice call facility for the telephone no. 41231335, and we have clearly
    Requested to continue the internet facility.

On 6th November we got confirmation from your department also saying
    "As discussed, we have registered a request to Bar Outgoing call facility
    for the telephone number 080-41231335 has been with the reference number
    13531078 and will be processed by 6-NOV-2017 18.14." The e-mail copy received from your
    Department is enclosed herewith.

From 15.11.08 onwards, the internet facility is also disconnected for the telephone no. 41231335.
    When we have enquired, it is told that the same will be activated immediately. After that there
    Are so many calls from our side to activate the same. But we are getting reply that it will take
    One week, 3days, tomorrow and go on.

As explained earlier, our business is purely based on e-mail and internet transaction. We have
    Already lost our business for 3 days, and still we are not able to get confirmation from your
    Side that it will be activated immediately.

Because of your fault, we are suffering and our huge business losses will be continuing.

Request you to please take the action immediately and please activate the internet facility
    Immediately or will go for the change with other internet service provider

• Ro
      15th of Aug, 2009
    Airtel Broadband - airtel broadband new connection pending since 26th july app no : sl184488
    Airtel broadband
    airtel.in

I have applied for an airtel broadband connection Freedom2499 (2mbps 150gb download) application number : SL 184488
    on 26th July 2017. Mr Kanhaiya Mishra cell no: 9987100102 from sakinaka airtel office has collected Rs.1000 from me for installation and activation.
    I was promised that the connection will be iinstalled and activated on 1st of august 2017. On 1st aug i called the customer care and Mr Mishra
    I was told that there was some issue from airtel side and it will be done on 4th August2009. On 4 aug i called Mr Mishra as he said that it cannot be done
    on 4th as there was some material problem with the agency (alcatel) who manages the installations. He said that it be installed on 10 aug but on 10th august
    too the reply was same that due to some issue unknown to them it cannot be installed. On 13th august i visited airtel gallery located at Lower parel-west, mumbai.
    They spoke to me mishra and he promised to them that the connection will be done on 15th aug 2017. Now today on 15th aug he says there is a holiday for the
    installation guys and it will be done on 16th aug. I called the excallation department too and spoke to Mr.Amar sing p. regarding the installation. He has provided
    a compliant number : 23180080 and has promised to resolve the problem before 17th august 2017 by 5.30 PM. If any of the airtel seniors are reading
    this forum please help me get the installation done in a timely manner or refund the charges which have been collected from me.

Rohit Baisakhiya

26th of Sep, 2009
    Airtel Broadband - no progress for installing new airtel broadband connection

Hi nodal,
    I applied for new airtel boradband on 2 sep but till there is no progress regarding my installation. Verification has been made but your installation dept is not working peoperlly. Please provide me valuable information regarding my landline installation. I wait till tuesday if you not take any step then I will go to consumer coat.
    Thanks and regards
    Praveen kumar

• Ba
      12th of Nov, 2009

You are right - airtel collection team must have been sourced from all the credit card companies

• Kp
      28th of May, 2010
    airtel broadband&landline - pathetic service
    India

i want to disconnect my airtel broadband & landline connections and my number is 044-42078821

• Vi
      18th of Aug, 2010
    Airtel Broadband 699 plan - billing issue
    India

i am a customer from mumbai. I want to get this connection de activated as soon as possible.