Airtel / Broadband Connection / pathetic customer care support!

I have broadband connection of Airtel and for the past one month it has not been working at all. I have continuously lodged complaints but to no avail. Everytime one needs to talk to a new customer care executive, they will make false promises and nothing would happen. So far 4 technicians have visited my house but could not rectify the error and end of the day its the customer who is suffering. I have requested & shouted but Airtel is least bothered. They harass the customer so badly and on top of that when I am asking them to disconnect the services they would not do that either.

The technicians who visit the house come at their sweet own time assuming that the customer is just waiting for them to give a red carpet welcome. One of the technicians came to my house around 9.00 PM and when he could not resolve the issue until 10.00 PM he promised to come in the morning. Since then that morning has yet to come.

A  15th of Jul, 2007 by
Hi ,

This vijay , I wish to get some detail's and also a request of broadband connection because i live in sharma nagar , Vyasarpadi. There is no connection provided in our area and its been provided in MKB nagar which is next stop from my house and lot of my friends and college, has broadband connection.

Thanks and regards,
Vijay raj .P
N  18th of Sep, 2007 by
Hi, I am Pradeep Kumar. Residing in 198/35, Ramesh Market, East of Kailash, New Delhi - 110065. I apply for Airtel Broadband connection two months ago, in july and paid Rs. 850/- towards the connection. The Airtel person came for installation and refused for installation because box was far away. They cancel the installation request but still didn't refund the money. Kindly, tell me how to get back my money.

A  15th of Oct, 2007 by
I think you should try emailing them instead its better than the call center.
N  29th of Oct, 2007 by
I am chasing Airtel on a billing issue for the past 2 months..its now frustrating to even think about it that I am paying for a broadband connection that I cannot use for anything.. no internet.. no landline..

My problems started when I discovered in a bill of more than 2500 that my plan has been changed for God knows what reasons (though Airtel knows by whom) from unlimited plan to a limited plan...without my permission or information... instead of catching the culprit they have disconnected my connection due to non-payment... OK.. very good BUT IF I AM CHASING ON THIS ISSUE FOR THE LAST TWO MONTHS DO THEY HAVE ANY COURTESY TO TELL ME WHATS HAPPENING??? MAY I KNOW WHY I AM BEING PENALIZED FOR THE WRONGDOINGS OF AIRTEL'S INEFFICIENT AND UNSKILLED STAFF??? I dont know if thats the way of earning money for this company.. CHEATING.
I have a lot to say but I dont think AIRTEL is now worthy of that also... I want to also all my accounts.. mobile and brdband.. after I am done with this ### situation.. and go for Vodafone and other service providers...
A  22nd of Nov, 2007 by
Your cable modem seems to be very faulty but to get someone to diagnose it seems very difficult turn it off a a few seconds OK a minute later it's OK half hour later or perhaps 1hour 2hour or even three days it's OK for a while this is no good to me try to do something about it it's neither use nor ornament. I am sure it's the modem.

Mr D.Flesher.
A  5th of Dec, 2007 by
I have been using airtel phone for almost 2 yrs but had not phased any problem as if now but today morning when i called airtel for the 1st time i was surprise a person who could not even spk in hindi well picked up the phone and said sir mujhe maaf kardo mujhe kuch nahi maloom hai mein yahan naya aya hoon mere senior yahan nahi hai aur mujhe kuch nahi atta hai,I was just shocked to hear that i did not had the guts to ask anything to that person further no matter he banged the phone on me.Icant imagine a company like airtel can not afford a employ who atleast has a manners to pick the reciver sorry to say but i believe first impression is the last impression.If u check my phone records u would come to know what bill do i pay for and what customer service i would have expected from u)(keeping in mind after that to whome i spoke to were good enough no problem with deepa,bisha i belive i havent spell they name incorrect
Darryl Dsouza
Ibm Daksh
A  28th of Apr, 2008 by
I am using broadband service from Airtel( customer ID 13223464)..I took broadband connection on 5th October 2007 .At the end of 1 month, I got a bill of Rs 41731 for only 1 month..Ideally it should go approx Rs 1k to 2k.
Immediately I logged complain about it..after 100 's of follow up,
They conclude that Rs 36000 they are planning to wave off...Rest of the
amount, I have paid immediately..Now It has been 4 months, it is still
reflecting in my bill..and now they have disconnected my services also and
Sometime they give threat calls to pay that bill immediately if I go to
their office or call them, they say this is still under process for
approval .I have wasted huge time to follow up on this but still no result
and waiting it to resolve since last 4 months
N  14th of Jun, 2008 by
cancel the airtel broadband connection
A  21st of May, 2009 by
airtel is pathetic...if i start my story ...that would sound exactly the same as others... i can conclude that ...customer care SUCKS!!
N  22nd of Jan, 2010 by
i just requested for the airtel broad band, in my area at c.g road. nr to stadium x road. ahmd. before 1 month ago & the excutive said the dp is full. & still ur line is not open!!! & executive not givin a feedback 4 that. so here i request to give u a lineee...
thanks. pls reply back as soon as posible
bhavin thakkar