Airtel Broadband Connection - Bangalore / infeasibility of service

1 India Review updated:

I had applied for shifting my Airtel Broadband connection in Bangalore (080 [protected]) on October 4, 2007 from Koramangala to Egipura.

After escalating to higher authorities I was told on October 13, 2007 afternoon that the shifting is not possible as there is no spare capacity in the new location.

Airtel spent 10 days to give me a negative reply and that also on a Saturday afternoon. We are in IT and need broadband connection urgently.

In these days when bandwidth is in demand I could not dream that Airtel will not have capacity to cater to my request. Who will compensate for the lost time?

Comments

• Ve
      17th of Oct, 2007

I received my Airtel bill for the month of Sept. on the due date of payment ie.16-10-07 which attracts disconnection possibility apart from penalty for delayed payment! Please correct this in future so that I receive my monthly bill sufficiently in advance.

• Ai
      10th of Jul, 2008

Getting an Airtel Broadband connection in Bangalore and Karnataka for your homes or offices was never this easy. Visit www.airtel.ebiz4ever.com . We will have an Airtel Executive contact you or visit you in just 24 hours.

23rd of Jul, 2008

Airtel is fraud. They will always refuse / avoid the transfer of connection as this costs them and in their promise sheet they say they will do it free of cost..

• Sh
      29th of Dec, 2008

Dear sir,

I have to use Airtel Broadband service speed 2mb. i have one problem http://bharatstudent.com/ this site is not open in my place so please fix this problem

Thanking you
    A.ahmed sheriff

• Av
      27th of Apr, 2009

Experience high Speed Internet Service, available Across Bangalore.no sd/Intallation Charges.For More call 9241778686

• Mu
      14th of May, 2009

I had applied for Airtel broadband connection to my locality (BTM II Stage, 19th C Cross, Bangalore). The vendor told me to have it installed within 2 days. After couple of days, the same guy visited my home to refund the amount I gave before the connection. When I asked the reason, he said the building owner did not give us permission for the connection. It was a strange thing to believe. I immediately called my home owner. To my utter surprise, the owner did not know anything about it. He said "its bogus". Airtel people tell you lie. “

I escalated this issue and talked to the high authority of Airtel, I got a reply that feasibility was not there since there was some cable fault in your area. How these guys do miscommunication, and feasibility team escape from their duties to fix the fault! They did not want to fix the problem rather they give excuse something strange beyond the logic.
    Airtel authorities must contact me if they want to know how their feasibility team is slurring their reputation by improper communication to customers. My contact no. is 9986520848 All the luck!

• Sr
      29th of Jun, 2009

I am staying in BTM 1st Stage, 12th 'A' Main Road. When I tried to transfer my connection to this location, feasibility was not available. Plz some one help me, as I have been using Airtel BB for last 4 years and I trust only Airtel, because of my experience with Tata Indicom (VSNL) and Reliance.

Sreehari .R
    Contact # - 9880131669 (After 4PM, week days)

• Ra
      20th of Sep, 2009

TATA COMMUNICATIONS
    looking for the broadband connection in bangalore,
    contact- Ravi -9019846488
    we are providing the broadband through WI-max antenna(wireless), not through the landline phone.

• Im
      29th of Mar, 2010

I had asked for a Airtel Connection on 16th March, 2010 on Bannergatta road. I had provided all required documents along with a cheque of Rs. 500/- to Mr Riyaz 9141606445. After that even after giving repeated calls I havent received a connection as yet. Also Mr. Riyaz forwarded me one reference of Mr, Shyam 9845972137 shyam.p@airtel.in. Both of them are not picking up my calls after their fake promises of connection are not fulfilled. It has been 14 days since i had submitted the required docs. I am a software engineer with Citrix I need the connection to work from my home, and my work is getting affected due to these problems. If i dont get a connection by the end of the day, I will ask Citrix authorities to push this matter to consumer court and to higher Airtel authorities for an action.

• Ar
      4th of Jun, 2010

Hi,

I am also facing the same kind of issue from Airtel. This is for the second time Aitel people are cheating me. I think Airtel Agents are simply spoiling their brand name.

Since I am in Electronic city and there is no other broaband connections available I applied for Airtel broaband connection for the second time. Last time I apllied for it was in last November. Bfore applying for the conncetion agent told me that one port is available there and they can provide the connection in 2 days. But it dint happen for 2 weeks and I got my money refunded. In between I made thousands of call sto different numbers given by the agent. In fact none of them replied responsibly.

I was out of station for last 3 months and thougt of taking a brodband connection now. I saw some boards saying 'Aitel Broad band available' at roadside and thoght of applying for it again. This time it was a diffrent agent named Ashok. He came to my residence to collect all the docs and money. I appllied for it on last friday 28-May-2010. This time I told clearly that I will apply for it only if the connection is feasible. He told his engineer had confirmed it and they can do the installation in 2 days. But till now I havent got the conncetion and they are saying some technical issues.

My Application number is 00123478. Please help me if someone can.

Arun Mohan

• Ay
      17th of Jun, 2010

Airtel is fraud. They ar so irresponsible that I can't define it. They are intersetd for getting customer and thay are not aware taht connection in that area is available or not.

I waited for 12 days and in thees days they haven't updated me what is progress and that person won't pick up the call. After 12 days I called to customer care then they are updating my application is rejected because of connection not available.

30th of Aug, 2010

I applied for airtel broadband connection (SEF No. TBLR 0152335) a week ago (21st Aug) and also paid the advance amount(Rs. 500/-) to the airtel executive. He promised that within 1-2 days the concerned person will come and by 3 business days I will have my broadband connection ready-to-use. It has been more than a week but no progress has been made. When I call the concerned person Vishua (Ph: 9632611033) or the office no(9632711033) which I was given, the person at the other end either doesn’t pick up the phone or disconnect the call.
    I sent a mail to them informing this but obviously that too did't help. This is the way such a big company airtel is treating its business customers.

Vineet Kumar Chirania
    Ph: 8095789789
    Address:
    408, Ansal Forte Apt.
    16/2A, Roopen Agrahara,
    (opp. Vishal Mega Market)
    Hosur Road,
    Silk Board
    Bangalore

• Pr
      9th of Sep, 2010

HI,
    This is prasad and I had applied for new airtel broadband 7 days before. One of Airtel executive approached for new connection and his name is Abhishek. He came to my place then I told him to check about port availability and connection. He spoke to his authorities before me. Finally he concluded line is available and you will get your connection in 2 to 4 days. Then I waited for the next day then I have been calling him continuously finally he picked my call and give his manager name to contact him. His name is vishwa. Then I spoke to him he said I will get my connection in 3 days. On third day again I have to call him. He said he will check with technical team. Next day again I called him he said he already spoke to the manager will give me update. Next day when I approach him he said he will give me technical department number you can reach him. I believe his name is suresh technical manager, when I called him he said there are no ports available. Then I have called visha, he said he will speak to suresh then come back to me. He never gave a call. So again I called suresh, he said he will check on it then give me call. He never did. Eventually I am approached to Technical lead Wajeed his number is. He also said he will check then come back to me. After 2 days I have called him, he simply replied we don’t have connection availability.
    I have waited for 8 days for all these process and no benefit, time waste, money waste and unnecessary tensions.
    Friends you can see their numbers.
    Abhishek(AIRTEL): 9731014846
    Vishwa(AIRTEL): 9632611033, 9632711033
    Raja(AIRTEL): 9686685840
    Wajeed(AIRTEL): 9740089898
    So my dear friends, think before you twice you go with AIRTEL. They are ridicules, they wont repond for your calls or mails.

Thanks,
    Prasad.

28th of Sep, 2010

Hi,

Myself Vishal, have registered for a new internet connection swift 1099 on 23rd september . Mine application no is 166970. Since, the submitting of all document and installation charges Rs 560/- we have been literally made fool by Airtel representatives (spl Mr MallikaArjun) . Not even a single communication has happened from AIRTEL side and everytime we call, we get a reply that it will be installed today but "today" never came till now since saturday.

Being a professional company this kind of service is really pathetic on behalf of AIRTEL . Atleast being a customer i must get know status of my new connection (apart from false promises).

Regards,
    Vishal

• Im
      24th of Aug, 2011

Hello there

I'm really at my wits end right now. I applied for Airtel Broadband 2 weeks back. And guess what the guy came to my house and said there is network to my house he will get the connection within 7 business days. I paid him 1000 rupees and got all the forms filled. My form number is 272377. I have the duplicate of that form. Anyways I was so happy that I'm finally gonna get the connection. one week went off but I did not receive any calls from that person nor from the Airtel office or something. I had to call the customer care last week and i spoke to someone called Ramesh. As usual they gave me a complaint register number which was 2483242 and he said I will get the call from them the next day by 2:30 in the afternoon. But never got a call from them till the end of the week. I called them back yesterday regarding this and spoke to Miss.Sushila and gave her the complain number. she said to me that there is no network coverage in my area so the complain was cancelled. then again she registered another complain and gave me the number and it was this 2795902, as expected it was fake again. I called the customer care today again and talked to Mr. Vishal but he disconnects the call in the middle of the conversation as soon as he sees what the problem was. I called them again and talked to Mr.Venkatesh and I told I wanna talk to his manager. He puts me on hold and disconnects the call again. Same happened when i tried calling them again and i spoke to Miss Shanthi guess what the call was disconnected again and again and again. I need my money back if there is anyone any higher authority reading this am asking you, you better do something about this and return my money. 1000 rupees doesn't come easy for me. I'am situated in Bangalore and my mail ID is immanrens@gmail.com my phone number is 9731581938. If you have a solution for me except for any silly promises that you make that you dont mean at all I dont need your false promises. FIX MY PROBLEM and please give me back my money.

• Br
      19th of Sep, 2011

Hi
    I am Guru working in a company. in company we have a airtel broad band connection but that is not working reliably. some times that is wrking some times that will not work. In a day most of the time broadband is not working. due to this we are wasting out time. connection number is 08042091329 and
    its in green glen layout, bellandur, bangalore.
    we already given so many complaints but only that time they will do some repair and that will work for one or two day and again same thing. Please solve this problem.

• Kg
      2nd of Apr, 2012

Hi,
    I am Gowtham working for a company. There was a problem with the airtel broadband connection on April 2, 2012, and had lodged a complaint early morning at 5:30 a.m. the executive who attended the call said the resolution time would be 11:30 a.m., and then when we checked at 11:30 a.m., then the resolution time 3:00 p.m., when we called them to again at 3:00 p.m., the new resolution time would be 5:30 p.m., so this is the way the Great Bharthi Airtel Limited works. My contact number would be 080-40918334. I live in III stage of Banashankari. So, could there be anything done regarding the best service as per you to solve this.

24th of Aug, 2012

Hi,
    I am Srinivasa.(080-41462239) I am working in a company(Banglore). We have AirTel Broadband connection from 4 Years. Recently I shifted to new location. I asked to shift my airtel Broadband to new location on May 30th, 2012. After so many calls they get back to me on 7th of June, 2012. They told shifting is not possible because of DP box is full that's fine that day I requested to cancell of BroadBand connection, Immediately I got call from Safe Deposit guy. I asked him will be providing connection within 2 month I am okay to proceed with Safe Custody Plan, that guy didn't get back to me. I didn't pay one month due amount. Finally June month bill got generated. I am getting so many calls from AirTel Customer care to pay bill. Again I requested to cancel connection. They didn't canceled it and July month Bill also generated. Finally in August they came to cancel. But they checked once again avaliabilty.

In August 19th One guy came to my house, He has given wire connection. He told it's propely working. I don't have connection strings I tried on Monday 20th, It's not working. When I called applet Team they told, I need to pay June and July month bill. I told them clearly what happend. In applet team one girl is there Rashmi. She not at all good. She will not listen our concerns I never seen like that person and her manager Prabha also there. I Never seen those girls in My life.

I am clearly explaing what happend and all they are not listing. They cancelled my connection and they are telling port is not working properly eventhough The Service Engineer told me recently one port got vacated. I am explaining to Applet team, they not in a position to listen my words. They cancelled it. It is not working now. But silly thing is I have connection still.

I have given so many complaints. Please solve this problem.

Thanks,