Airtel Blackberry / unlock device issue

1 India Review updated:

I have a Blackberry device. model 7230, which I purchased 3 years back. I called Airtel Blackberry to get it unlocked on 27/04/2207 at 6:00pm. I spoke to Priyanka and she asked me to provide a post-paid number from Airtel.

My first point is that if I do not have a post-paid number so this means Airtel Blackberry people will not even take your complaint because they simply say that out software can not do that, which is very silly and un-professional. This is really ridiculous. It is obvious that if someone has called to get his device unlocked so in most of the cases the person has already disconnected number.

Anyway, she then asked me to provide any of my friends number so that she can at least take my call and give me a ticket number. After spending approx. 20 minutes with her she took all me details along with my alternate number and told me that as the post-pid number doesn't belong to me so Airtel Blackberry technical person will call me on my alternate number. She gave me the ticket no. [protected] and told me that me device will get unlocked with in 72 hours.

I waited for 3 days, hoping that I will get a call but but then finally I again called Airtel Blackberry on 01/05/2007 7:45pm. I spoke to Gunjan Parashar and was surprised to hear that the complaint is already closed. the reason mentioned was that after speaking to the customer, the complaint is closed because the customer doesn't want this. I said I did not receive any call. Then he told me that they called on the post-paid number which I had given to Priyanka so that she can take my complaint. Gunjan told me that my alternate number is not mentioned anywhere. this was really shocking for me.

Anyway, as there is nothing I could do, I have logged the complaint again and my new ticket number is [protected].

He gave me this email address and advised me to send a mail so that the complaint can be escalated..

After wasting 4 days of my valuable time for just getting my own device for which I paid money and it is now out of the locking contact period, I hope someone will read this email and will atleast get my device unlocked.

I hope this email will make the services of Airtel Blackberry a little better and more professional and your customer care people will understand the value of time for other too. Also I think this will put some effect on the incompetent support and shamelessly negligence of Airtel Blackberry.

Rohit Pabby

Comments

• Ro
      30th of Aug, 2007

I agree, Airtel is crap i am using it and they do like this only they always say we will call u in 48 hrs but when u call then back they will inform u that we called your number but that was not reachable i am facing network issues with my Airtel blackberry from past 6 months and they are not at all solving my issues i have 29 complain numbers so now u can imagine how crap Airtel is. I suggest everyone don't just watch ads on tv and buy do ask people who are using then u have to know how good is Airtel on reality ground.

• Su
      7th of Feb, 2009

Get it unlocked from www.blackberry-unlock.net you will get the code instantly.

9th of Apr, 2009

GOOD DAY SIR/ MADAM

I AM JAYS FROM NIGERIA A FRIEND OF MY SEND ME A AIRTEL BLACKBERRY BUT IT WAS REPORTED THAT THERE WAS NO SOFT WARE TO UNLOCK IT AT 2007 PLEASE CAN YOU TELL ME IF I CAN GET THE SOFT WARE NOW. MY MY ADDRESS IS nigeriagolds@yahoo.co.uk. you can reach me on my mobile +2348054596337, +2347032626806

• Ha
      29th of May, 2009

I work for ATT and understand your complaints are all valid. Regarding the first issue upon calling bad I would have respectfully asked for a manager as they could bend the rules based on the poor service of previous rep. That bieng said you have to read your contracts ppl even ATT will not unlock unless device is active on account! As for the poor reception person... *sigh* honestly that is not an issue if it was it should have been addressed within the 30 day buyers remorse period where you can cancel out without penalty based on poor reception!

Remember customer reps are ppl too we don't respect ppl yelling at us (at the company to be specific) treat others as you wish to be treated! This will ensure the customer rep will do everything they can to address your issue without biasedness!

• Rk
      10th of Jul, 2009
    Airtel Blackberry - Mail not working on Airtel Blackberry
    Medical Equipments
    India
    timpac.in

My blackberry is not able to receive the emails. Pls send your rep, to solve the problem.

Thks

Airtel Blackberry - Mail not working on Airtel Blackberry
    AIRTEL India
    India
    airtel.in

I have taken airtel Blackberry services and from past 10 days my email service is not working properly and have spoken to Airtel Blackberry customer care so many times and they have told me that BB services need to be restored on your mobile and their engineer will visit me to resolve the issue, so far no one from airtel have contacted me .
    Service request Reference # 37791304