Airtel 49 SMS Pack / cheating its customer openly

1 India Review updated:

Dear All,

I have received an SMS that if i recharge for Rs.49/- i will get the SMS pack value RS.2000/-. After going to vendor and recharging to Rs.49/- it didnt work the call centre executive has told me that it will take 48 house to activate the scheme, i had waited for more 48 hours then made a call to their customer care then their customer service executive is telling that you should top -up your mobile with Rs.65 balance and also telling me that my mobile number is not on their database...

1) My question if my mobile number is not on their database then how i have received the SMS from them ???

2) One of their call centre executive has even told that this scheme is expired and diverted to night talking scheme

My question is that ... IF the scheme is expired then how i have received confirmation SMS from them that "Recharge Successful Talktime is "0" and MRP Rs.49/-

Comments

• Sh
      19th of May, 2007

Whenever i try to activate the sms pack... they immediately give a sms that it will be activated in 48 hours... But airtel is bakwass... Just to make the customer happy it says it will be activated... When asked the customer care... They say ur name is not on the data base... Thats not the way... Everyone wants to enjoy the schemes coming up... Airtel will not work if this continues... I have always tried it up... But its wasting time.

I want them to grow up n serve the services for everyone... Atleast they should not send fake sms when asked up to activate something... Its not good... Well f**k airtel...

• Ni
      6th of Jun, 2007

This service really sucks now cause Airtel know has gone down as compared to HUTCH they have more better services then airtel and about the 49rs SMS pack the company sucks again for these as they only give jazz reply without even checking the details on their database and to speak to the customer service is the worst part and they don't even have a clear picture about the SMS scheme.

As the comments put up by others I really agree to what they say.

AIRTEL SUCKS

25th of Jun, 2007

From my Opinion AIRTEL is CHOR Company.

I request to Trai to take serious action against AIRTEL and stop there service, because it make fool.

• Sh
      29th of Jul, 2007

I've taken SMS PACK49 with Airtel & Enjoying 3 months but this Rs. 846 sms worth charged by Airtel. I've talked to cc & he told ur pack has been expired & he didn't inform me. I'm unable to pay for this & going 4 termination.

I want to know SMS Pack 4 other service provider & will take another connection.

Regds,
    Shailendra Singh

• Ka
      20th of Sep, 2007

I am using the airtel from last 3 year, but their is no sms pack on airtel do something please launch some new sms pack on lifetime prepaid conn... rate is very high at list down the rate of sms at lifetime prepaid conn...

Regard,
    kapil harde

• Fr
      20th of Sep, 2007

I totally agree with the guy who said abt the sms pack -The company in question or companies in general in our country know how to take the customers for a ride. If this is the case for educated people,imagine the situation of the uneducated. Any amount of policing doesnt seem to work-only deterrent punishments need to be handed over to such companies who just cheat and continue to cheat brazenly.

21st of Nov, 2007

Yes, its true, that sms pack not activated within given stipulated time!

3rd of Jun, 2008

Yes, AIRTEL is very big DHOKHEBAZ & CHOR few months ago i recharge my mobile with Rs.15(validity 1mth) SMS Pack but after sending '5 sms' free, it debit frm my main a/c on contacting customer care they note my complaint give me my comp. no. But nothing progress when i contacting them again they disconnect my line .Over all Airtel have very BAD service.

• Pi
      1st of Aug, 2010

Guys chill...thrs a sms pack wch might help u
    all u need 2 do is jst type SMS10 and send it to 51619
    ur all local sms vill cast u 10ps wid a daily charge of 1rs
    m using ths pack frm last 4 years
    so jst see if ths might help u!!!

• Kr
      22nd of Mar, 2011

i activated my sms card of rs 36 but sms is not sending
    please help me

• Kr
      22nd of Mar, 2011

i activated my sms card of rs 36 but sms is not sending
    please help me from last two years ur service is going down and down