Agoda.comfull payment but no room at arrival

full payment but no room on arrival
Upon arrival at our hotel Puri kecana in surabaya, despite full pre-payment, there was no booking to be had.
A complete mismanagement of our booking by Agoda.com, no of confirmation [protected] . Despite several attempts to contact them over the past week [ promise on web page is within 24 hours]. We have not yet been told why.
We have requested a full refund of our monies, plus compensation as it was 12 pm at night in surabaya Indonesia, foreign language barrier to boot. Both are pensioners and were a little perturbed, to say the least.
We think from reading these other complaints against this company that we are not going to obtain our refund. We have so far paid twice for our short weekend in Surabaya, which as pensioners we can ill afford to do, in the sum of Rp 2, 000, 000. Not an amount that
one can easily afford to chuck down the drain to some unscrupulous company on the internet, pretending to make bookings, they should be removed. Fraud is the word and there are Police forces that will take up this matter, how do they get away with it?

Comments

• Be
      Aug 25, 2012

Me too...full payment but no room. Dear Agoda.com

My Name is Benny Prasetyo. On the 16 August 2012 I booked a room at Supreme Hotel, Singapore, via your website. It was for a Studio Room type, check in date August 18th, check out date August 22nd 2012. Results booking I got a email that said the following:

Thank you for booking with Agoda. Your booking is confirmed and our team will send you your hotel voucher within the next hour. Please present it to the hotel when you check in.

We wish you a pleasant stay.

The Agoda.com team.

Until the next day, even now, I have not received any other email or voucher by agoda.com. Then on August 17, 2012 I tried to call Supreme hotel to check whether my booking is succeeded and confirmed. But The hotel stated no booking or reservation hotel on behalf of my name even though I explained to them that I had confirmation code (ID booking) from agoda.com based on email results. However, even I tried 5 times to contact that hotel, they keep stated that my name or my ID booking was not listed. So I decided not stayed at the supreme hotel singapore, because of that condition and also the hotel was fully booked. Then I decided to move to another hotel. After I arrived to Jakarta, today I checked my credit card bill at bank Mandiri. I found there is Rp. 5.68 million (rupiah / IDR) bill charged from Agoda.com for 4 days staying in Supreme Hotel, Singapore. This is unacceptable consider I never stay at that Hotel. I want to get explanation and resolution from you to solve this problem soon as possible. If it possible, I hope Agoda.com cancelled my credit card bill charge for 4 days staying in Supreme Hotel Singapore, since I did not stay at the hotel neither get any voucher for room at the supreme hotel Singapore. For your additional information I was using my Visa Credit Card with the number is [protected]. Thank you for your attention and I wait for the response from the agoda.com immediately.

Sincerely