Aeroplan / reward points

126 hume driveCambridge, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 519-622-8037
Jan 3, 2008
I was checking my account today to redeem aeroplan points, only to discover that my account was wiped clean of 127,383 points. Apparently, my account was inactive and a gap of 2 1/2 months before I resumed use of it. Because of this time frame, Aeroplan wiped away 127,383 miles/points. They did say that I could buy them back at 1 cent per mile ($1273.83). This would mean I would buy back what I had already spent money on.
If I had known about the dormancy policy, I would have cashed in for some gift certificates ar a trip for two.
Are there any lawyers willing to fight for the little guy ?

Frustrated:
Joe Tavares

Comments

Dt
  8th of Feb, 2008
Yes, I know how Aeroplan works as well. I had moved twice during two yrs. Had my emails wiped out a couple of times. When i finally got around to Booking a holiday I was informed that They had taken over 100,000 away from me as well. I dont know what to say about a business who could do that.
Be
  29th of May, 2008
I know how you feel. I was just advised that I had lost 44, 000 points as well. My computer crashed and they said an e-mail was sent to advise inactivity. Well I did not get the e-mail. If I want to buy back it will cost me $409.00. After paying for the damm points I have to pay again. There should be some sort of action that can be taken. How about everyone getting together and start an action lawsuit? any lawyer out there interested.

Aeroplan.com Logo Aeroplan.com