Aeroplan / reward points

1 126 hume driveCambridge, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 519-622-8037

Jan 3, 2008
I was checking my account today to redeem aeroplan points, only to discover that my account was wiped clean of 127,383 points. Apparently, my account was inactive and a gap of 2 1/2 months before I resumed use of it. Because of this time frame, Aeroplan wiped away 127,383 miles/points. They did say that I could buy them back at 1 cent per mile ($1273.83). This would mean I would buy back what I had already spent money on.
If I had known about the dormancy policy, I would have cashed in for some gift certificates ar a trip for two.
Are there any lawyers willing to fight for the little guy ?

Frustrated:
Joe Tavares

Comments

• Dt
      8th of Feb, 2008

Yes, I know how Aeroplan works as well. I had moved twice during two yrs. Had my emails wiped out a couple of times. When i finally got around to Booking a holiday I was informed that They had taken over 100,000 away from me as well. I dont know what to say about a business who could do that.

• Be
      29th of May, 2008

I know how you feel. I was just advised that I had lost 44, 000 points as well. My computer crashed and they said an e-mail was sent to advise inactivity. Well I did not get the e-mail. If I want to buy back it will cost me $409.00. After paying for the damm points I have to pay again. There should be some sort of action that can be taken. How about everyone getting together and start an action lawsuit? any lawyer out there interested.