Menu
Capital Vacations / Capital Resorts Group company logo
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

74 complaints
13 resolved 61 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Capital Vacations / Capital Resorts Group customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Capital Vacations / Capital Resorts Group. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
P
8:39 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Bought the points thinking I was getting the deed relief (#1 reason for me to join the club). As I did not want to burden my kids with the liquidation when we pass away. Bought the owners workshop and attended almost 6-months later at Pidgeon Forge. Really wanted to figure out the use and could not log onto the Capital Vacations Club website. Lots of...

U
4:38 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Capital Vacations / Capital Resorts Group - Capitol Vacations presentation Branson

We went to their presentation on Wednesday. The presentation was fine as well as the slide presentation. We took a tour of the property after informing our salesperson that we had tickets to shows at 1 pm. This was a 10 a.m. presentation. The presenter came to our table, would not take our "NO". Said they would pay for our show we were going to miss (which they did not do) and kept us from leaving. I will NEVER have anything to do with this company ever again. We were not treated with respect and actually made us very angry.

Desired outcome: An apology for the way we were treated.

S
7:51 pm

Capital Vacations / Capital Resorts Group - Capital Vacations

I have been misled to buy into Capital vacation with false information. Said I can use my points and go anywhere I want. I can’t do or go anywhere with my points and still not pay more than I could with my travel agent. Nobody can seem to fix or clear this up. The seller won’t even call us back. And nobody will give me a number to the owners? I was scammed and now i’m mad and want my money back! If this doesn’t get resolved soon I will get a lawyer and everyone will know how terrible this company is!

12:19 pm

Capital Vacations / Capital Resorts Group - Cancellation recent purchase

Purchase on 5/20 at a baseball game. $200 purchase, I did not activate. Upon signing up I did not receive any information regarding the purchase just a blank folder.

Tried to contact to cancel 5/23 . Called the listed capital vacations number 3 times . Each time representative guided me to call me different numbers each time. 866-213-9032, 866-275-4035, was told 866-213-9032 was the marketing department and they handled cancellations. I have 10 days to cancel from purchase date to receive a full refund. Each phone number I was advised to call resulted in being on hold for 5 mins + and sent to a voicemail . Emailed [email protected] vacations- no response. Please cancel my purchase before it is escalated.

Desired outcome: Cance and refund my recent purchase . Name Michael Rosner

H
10:20 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was told my 40 dollars to “reserve” my spot at your “presentation” would be returned. I got up and went to the 830 am presentation at Silver Lake in Orlando. After being served cold jail food in a styrofoam box that you called breakfast, I spoke with your sales person and went to the video hostage session with the Sales Director. When that was over and we...

C
5:15 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

October 26, 2021, per our obligation we attended a presentation for Capital Vacations. Unaware that it was a Capital Vacations presentation connected to the package we had purchased. We were reassured this was not a timeshare and after spending many hours with the salesman and hearing all of the so-called advantages we were maybe considering it. We...

3:23 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 2-10-18 I purchased a package from Capital Resorts for $329.00. I am a senior citizen and my son was stationed at Ft. Knox, Kentucky and he was going to drive me to Pigeon Forge, Tenn. but he got orders he was being sent to South Korea which has turned into 4 years he has been stationed there. I contacted Capital Resorts and they kept calling me in...

T
11:54 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

we joined them around 2015 and payed $7000 for 2 weks worth of free vacations to any part of the world (they claimed) First we wanted to go to London from Florida and they could find us nothing over there - so we paid our own way On return we called up and complained and they told us we needed more points for another 10k which would give us many ,more...

K
10:01 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We purchased a timeshare or "vacation club membership" in May 2021 and while I felt we got a good deal, every other interaction with them has left a bad taste in my mouth. We were hounded for weeks about returning for our new owner orientation, which we did not. But then received a call in February 2022 about the team being in my city and them wanting to...

K
6:00 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My husband and I attended a resort talk at Silver Lakes in Florida in February. Our initial representative went through the whole 90 minute talk and we felt no pressure. We explained that for the past 10 years we have used Armed Forces Vacation club to stay at Silver Lakes and we were happy to continue that. At that point the manager came over and gave u...

6:53 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Calypso Cay Resort Kissimmee, FL 34746 Phone 407.997.1600 our specific complaint is about Andres and the man who did our exit interview. Both were rude and Andres called my wife "Sweetheart " while telling use we did not understand how to save money. My wife is a Director of a Hospital and Senior financial officer. She is also a black belt on lean six...

View 0 more photos
S
4:56 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

These people lie so much they never can book they say they will call u back to set up your trip they don't u have to call them no one never know anything they are scammer and they pressure u with the lies that they tell they tell me that they fixed it for me I got the run around they have u pay fees that was not told to you they make it look so good for...

11:41 am

Capital Vacations / Capital Resorts Group - Timeshare resort problems

I have been complaining about capital vacations and there Branson resort for 8 months with no reply. Summer of 2021 stayed at stormy point
Found out that capital took over resort. The lodging was horrible with bugs inside cottage. Ants in the patio. The pool was so dirty (and I have pictures too!) that after talking with manager nothing resolved we left 3 days early. We just couldn't stand the bugs and dirty pool any longer. Have called at least a dozen times with no reply. I want either a refund for the week or cancel this timeshare.
Also went to meeting to find out about capital taking over and the rep kept insisting if I don't sign paperwork they are charging me another $18000 for the timeshare. I was told I had to sign right then but wouldn't give me copies of paperwork either!

I am in the process of talking with attorney general over this business practice capital has going on.

I no longer want capital if they have these type of business policies. You can email me at [email protected] I want to find out what can be done about this.
Barbara Neff

Desired outcome: Dissolve timeshare

1 comment
D
Feb 17, 2022 5:01 pm

I also bought into Capital Vacations at a very low level. We were invited back to Branson to hear the latest updates and changes and were coherced into upgrading to have a larger selection of places to stay costing us $37,000. Unfortunately the selection of places never panned out and we feel we have been royally taken also. Their deed buyback program will cost us $3750 and we will be free, but we will still be out the $37000. Beware of Capital Vacations club. The month maintenance of $147 will over time will eat you alive.

L
4:31 pm

Capital Vacations / Capital Resorts Group - Timeshare with Capital Vacations

I was sold a Capital Vacations timeshare and EVERYTHING I was promised by the salesman was a LIE. I feel the fact that I was lied to about all said means Capital Vacations is null and void for default. I will not pay for LIES. If your salesmen cannot tell the truth, you need to accept their sins.
I have sent numerous letters & left at least 14 messages and no return calls. I feel under all the circumstances Capital Resorts/Vacations (whatever they call themselves) has forfeited on this contract. All has been a lie and I'm not paying to a
scam.

Desired outcome: Cancel my timeshare for default on Capital Vacations.

1 comment
R
Jan 16, 2022 3:46 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Please advise of what has happen to you very upsetting situation. There are so many of us that was done the exact way. We have had no luck for a couple of years, waiting on issues to be resolved. Rhonda and Randy R Moon.

2:07 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My father bought time share in 2002 as a his legacy for his children. The sales person told him it's a great investment as it is deeded title. They take advantage of the elderly. The sales reps act like they are his best friend, offer free shows in Branson, tell him all the additional BENEFITS he'd get if he bought more shares. Every year he'd sit through...

G
4:22 pm

Capital Vacations / Capital Resorts Group - Time share visit

On 2/23/1021 I booked and paid Capital Vacations the sum of 149.99 (receipt number 000000774) for an opportunity to visit their time share development at north Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I selected the dates of 10/12, 13, 14/ 2021 as the visitation dates to the resort. The charges appeared on my credit card as — fun vacations by SC.

Capital Vacation 9654 N King's Hwy#101, Myrtle Beach, SC 29573

we also expressed interest in staying at the Grand Strand, North Myrtle Beach and would like to terminate that understanding

Desired outcome: TO RETURN THE 149.99

P
1:42 pm

Capital Vacations / Capital Resorts Group - Sales Dir- Richard

Richard couldn't close the deal with us, so he proceeded to dress down his sales rep in front of us. We told him it was unprofessional and his reply was I have done 50m in sales and he's on 100% commission. Richard was unprofessional, sarcastic, and condescending. He was unapologetic to us and his co-worker. I'm not sure what type of management oversight there is at Capital Vacations, but my opinion, Richard is a cancer and is the type of guy that gives the industry a bad name

Desired outcome: Fire Richard

I
2:45 pm

Capital Vacations / Capital Resorts Group - Timeshare owner

Conned into a 90 minute sales presentation in May/2018 in Pigeon Forge, TN @ The Lodges-well they shot us with their lies about how they will buy it back if we didn't like it and when all was said and done-5 hrs later I not knowing what we really had just done, and nobody has capability of the knowledge of a contract that has a 5 day cancellation period, while being on vacation at the time.
They never held to any of their promises about vacation reservation availability and none of their resorts are closer than 600 miles from us-very disappointing that we can hardly ever use this and all we get is invitations with perks to go to another upsell
And we are constantly harassed when we do go to check in!This is worthless and thievery .It behooves me to see that this practice is allowed in the USA.
At some point in time there's got to be justice on this!

Desired outcome: FULL REFUND AND RESTITUTION

10:16 am

Capital Vacations / Capital Resorts Group - Stormy point

This is the 2nd time in 2 years (with Capital taking ownership) i have vacationed at stormy point in branson mo. With problems that have just escalated. In summer of 2019 vacationed there and it was the first time i had heard that capital had taken over the timeshare. I decided to schedule a meeting the next day. Brought friends that had vacationed with me in the past and were interested. Sat at table and captal rep sat down and we found that this was a sales meeting. We informed the gentlemen that we were not going to buy additionally and never got to tell him the reason we were there. He started hollering at us and within minutes we left-embarrassed and humiliated. Made various complaints including his manager with no results. Even talked with manager of resort-he advised that since he was still employed by stormy point there was nothing he could do. When i returned home made numerous calls to capital with no results and no return calls. After several months i quit calling since i was getting nowhere.
Fast forward to my recent visit. Tried for another meeting which again only resulting wirh trying to sell sonething to me. The rep was nice but insistent on the sale. When i asked for copies of the paperwork he wanted me to sign he said he could not give me copies. I coyldnt even take a picture of the documents he wanted me to sign. They listed that i would pay capital $13000.00 in additional fees. I was also told that i could only have this option during this meeting and if i did not immediately sign my maintenace fees would sky rocket. I told him that i would do research and get back with my decision. When i told him i was done with the meeting he had his manager come to the table and he left. He also told me i could not have copies of paperwork. When leaving he reiterated that my maintenance fees will get increased. When i told him that i was going to think about it he told me that the sales agent was processing that i declined. What kind of business practice is this.

The accomodatins were atrocious-ants continually on patio and the pool was filthy. I have pictures taken of the pool that had not been cleaned in 4 days. Spoke to the manager and nothing was done. Because of the hot weather and not being able to either sit onpatio or swim we checked out 3 days early. The resort has really gone downhill and capital employees do not return phone calls either especially with the tactics that your sales people practice. I finally received a phone call from resort manager guaranteeing me i would get a return call (ocurred 8/18 which i recorded). Thus i have not heard another word or phone call

Not only do i have these complaints but i would not have known capital took over had i initially not gone to branson in 2019. Your business practices leave a lit to be desired.

Now i really want to see if i get a ohone call regarding this complaint. My # is 801-279-1831 but i would prefer email to [email protected] Barbara Neff

Update by Barbara0426
Dec 10, 2021 11:45 am

Still no reply on complaint. What is status!

5:07 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The sales basically lied about everything - we were told we could use our points to pay the maintenance fee - not true. We were told we could use points from Interval International - not true. Now we are being double charged. 02/05/2021 CHG-2022 107.25 107.25 0.00 107.25 0.00 0.00 01/10/2021 02/05/2021 CHG-2022 90.75 198.00 0.00 198.00 0.00...

Capital Vacations / Capital Resorts Group contacts