Air Canada Aeroplan — lost points!
Like many of the people who have expressed their loss of Aeroplan Ponts, I am in the same situation. Substantial number of points have been removed from account. I have been an aeroplan member since the early 90's and used them regularly, but was away on holidays and just learned July 31/07 that they canceled all my points.
I will try and call them August 1/07, but after reading other complaints of people on this site, I don't hold much hope for recovery.
Perhaps, we should all get together and start sending emails to our MP's and MLA's and have the government institute a fair consumers act that requires Air lines and Banks to comply with their offerings and not be able to arbitarily removed or cancel someones account.
Least of all, I and any of my employees will never fly on Air Canada again and I will be removing any accounts that I have with the CIBC bank.
Perhaps there is a lawyer amongst this group that might be interested in starting a class action against Air Canada and any bank that was a party to Aeroplan. It would be interesting to know if the Banks are going to be receiving a refund on any credit card payment they made to Aeroplan by their customers usage of their credit card.
Little wonder WestJet will be doing so well in the future.
More Air Canada Aeroplan Complaints & Reviews
- Aeroplan - expired aeroplan miles without proper notice!
- Air Canada Aeroplan - fraud and cheating!
- Aeroplan - no longer good value
- Air Canada Aeroplan - cancellation fee amounts to 102%
- Aeroplan - mystery taxes & fees
- Aeroplan.com - unethical, misleading information
- Aeroplan.com - aeroplan account
- Aeroplan.com - being charged for phone booking when the aeroplan website is broken
- Aeroplan Travel Services - customer service
- Aeroplan.com - expired miles