Aer Lingus / cancelled booking
My soon to be daughter-in-law was traveling from home (USA) to Ireland tomorrow. When booking with Aer Lingus on-line she took note of the confirmation reference. Today, less than 24 hours before departure she went onto the web site to check in for her flight, only to discover that her booking had been "cancelled". When she contacted the airline to inquire why she was was told it was due to an "invalid segment" but the representative could not explain what this was.
While we accept that she should have checked her email for a confirmation, it is totally unacceptable that a flight is cancelled without an alert. She has now had to purchase a replacement flight at a cost of over a third extra. We will be writing to Aer Lingus to complain but in 30 years of flying Aer Lingus from Dublin I have never had even an acknowledgement of a complaint.
More Aer Lingus Complaints & Reviews
- Aer Lingus - Delay flight, missed connection and lost baggage 
- Aer Lingus - customer service 
- Aer Lingus - Illegal activity on board aircraft 
- Aer Lingus Flight - Cancelled Flight and V.V Poor Service
- Aer Lingus - Lost my luggage 
- Aer Lingus Group - terrible airlines
- Aer Lingus - Baggage charge 
- Aer Lingus - Unjust Overweight Charges 
- Aerlingus - bad customer service
- Aer Lingus - exchange rate