A&e Appliance Repair / Maytag Dependability Plus / not qualified service

I have a Maytag washer and the warranty service sent out A&E. He was not qualified and couldn't even see which fuse in the box needed flipping -- I also had to come to the basement 2 times to reset the red/black button on the outlet as he couldn't figure it out. When I called Maytag Dependability Plus they had no record of sending out A&E. Needless to say I still need my washer fixed.

Comments

8th of Aug, 2007

Can't agree with you more. A&E Sucks. Unqualified "technicians" I can do better myself.

12th of Aug, 2007

My saga with Maytag has lasted for about a month now. When I first called Maytag, they made me wait a week to get a repair person to the house. Then the folks from A&E showed up. A&E stated that I need a part and since, they do since they do not carry parts for Maytag... they would have to order it. The part took three weeks to arrive.

After waiting three weeks, A&E returned only to tell me that "I needed more parts". Apparently the first technician didn't even know how to diagnose the problem. The problem was with the compressor. Now, I am no expert when it comes to refrigerator repair. But the idiots at A&E don't even know how to check the most fundamental part on a refrigerator. So, now I am waiting another two weeks for a compressor. The Maytag dependability plus program is a total sham. You may as well, keep your money and find a repair shop that actually knows what they are doing.