ABSA Bank / bad customer service

1 Pretoria, South Africa

I was in Absa Bank Montana Park on 22 November 2016, to collect my Business Chequebook. I stand in the line for more then 30 minutes. There was only 2 people, helping clients. Behind me was at least 6 other people, 3 of them was elderly clients.

I asked for the Branch Manager, they gave me a name, Amanda, but she was not there.

When it was my turn at last, the one clerk just take her bag and leave.
That means there was now only 1 person over and he was still busy with a customer! I was already late for my next appointment, because I thought it will only take 5 to 10 minutes to get the chequebook. It cannot take 35 minutes from my business time to get a new chequebook!

At that stage a young man come out of his office and I called him and tell him that I was just so mad the bad service, that I want to take my business and go elsewhere, because we as clients is not supposed to have such bad service at our bank. All of the people was complaining and really upset about the service.

He quickly helped me, but all 6 other people was still standing in the line and it would take more then an hour to service the last person.

There must be a quicker way to get your chequebook! And to get better customer service.

An