ABSA / bad service

1 South Africa

My brother and I went to absa Laudium on 29.10.2016 to withdraw funds from the late estate account of my father so that we can buy his tombstone. When we got there we were assisted by Farannah van Nel, awesome lady . When she directed us to the tellers the acc. had a hold of fica. We then submitted the docs and were told that since it was weekend we could atleas give it until Sunday when all would be fine. Then I got a call from Tebogo from laudium that we needed to resubmit the docs again as it had not reached some place. On 02.11.2016 we went again to Ladium to resubmit again the docs but still the funds could not be made available. We sat in that branch from 8:30am until 3:30 pm when it closed, leaving empty handed and without a clue as to what was really happening. I was informed that there was something wrong done when the account was initially opened in main street but what which could not be resolved, we don’t know. My brother and I who are executors of the estate have had to take countless leave days to go sit in absa branches and leave empty handed. No wonder people are running away from absa because of the incompetent staff who do not know what they are doing (excluding Laudium of course) had I known we were gonna face such trauma and anguish I would have rather gone to nedbank they know how to help people. I am so upset of the run around I have been getting from this bank, I will never ever do business with absa again, it’s the pits!!! That is why people would rather go sit in long ques in Capitec because they know they will get the help they need with their own money. As for absa it might as well close, worst bank ever!!!

Ma