[Resolved] ABC Financial Services / work out world

1 United States

Completely disappointed with the final product as to what was a good experience as a WOW member. I moved at the end of last year where the closest WorkOut World was about an hour away. I then decided that I would cancel my membership and was told I had to go to the location where I established the membership to cancel it. Once I finally found the time to travel back to my hometown, I sat down with a financial employee and was given the option to reimburse my membership through my health insurance for which I proceeded to do. Once complete, I returned to the facility a few weeks later to complete the cancelation forms. I signed off on completing the form and was told to mail the form to ABC within 30 days so the cancellation could be completed. I completed this step within the same week and was told by the company stating that my last payment would be January 15 (I canceled in mid-November). I recently checked my accounts and seen that I had continued to be charged for the membership. When I called the store and explained the situation, they stated that they had notice of an attempt to cancel my membership and that I had to call ABC Financial Services to sort out the issue. Luckily I had made a copy of the cancellation form I mailed in case of a failed attempt and proceeded to email the form after speaking with a representative and received an apology for the mistake since no records were shown in their system of me cancelling the membership. I then proceeded to receive a response from another representative stating that they never received that form and without even considering my explanation in several additional attempts, stated that I would be processed for another cancellation of membership and would be charged another month. Having a premium membership ($20/month), the company will have corruptly stole $100 from my possession. After sending an in-detail response via email stating my complaints, I never again received a response. I will never do business with this company again.

• Resolution statement

• ABC Financial Services Customer Care's Response, Apr 20, 2018

Hello,
    We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial Services was not a satisfactory one. I would like the opportunity to review your account and see that proper action has been taken. We strive to address all consumer feedback, positive or negative, and want to make sure your situation was handled properly.

Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post. Please email me at [email protected] with either your 9 digit agreement number or the home phone number that is listed on your account so that I may look into this for you.

Cherette Tyler-Clegg
    Customer Relationship Specialist
    ABC Financial Services, Inc.

Dq