New York Sports Club [NYSC] Logo

New York Sports Club [NYSC]

Having problems with New York Sports Club [NYSC]?

New York Sports Club [NYSC] Customer Service Contacts

5 Penn Plaza, 4th Floor
New York, New York

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with New York Sports Club [NYSC] Customer Service. Initial New York Sports Club [NYSC] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for New York Sports Club [NYSC] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about New York Sports Club [NYSC]. Discuss the issues you have had with New York Sports Club [NYSC] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

New York Sports Club [NYSC] Complaints & Reviews

New York Sports Club [NYSC]loud blaring music

Varig St. gym started to play overly loud music. The current manager Rashad Williams said he cannot do anything about it because of the new manager,
"she likes the pumped-up music for workouts". Many of us use the gym to distress and balance on multiple levels. Overly loud music defeats that purpose and damages the nervous system. Please restore divine order.
Thank you.

Apr 09, 2020

New York Sports Club [NYSC] — runs fraudulent billing practices, steals funds from accounts after membership cancellation

Guys, please, i implore you, to NOT JOIN NYSC, nor give them leeway to any of your account number or...

New York Sports Club [NYSC]Gym membership

Hello,

I contacted the manager of my gym, NYSC of Clifton on various occasions and even sent emails since the beginning of the year. I have been ill and have not been to the gym this entire year. I asked to credit me back or cancel my membership. The manager Anthony advised me to come in but I fell ill again and could not. Now the gym is closed indefinitely due to COVID-19. On top of all of this they had the audacity to charge my monthly fee again for April 1st.
    I am disputing all of the charges from 2020 and I want this rectified. This is an awful company and the gym is always dirty and machines don't work either.

Dee Donohue

New York Sports Club [NYSC]Membership cancelation

I have sent a cancellation letter in November 2019 via priority mail NY sports club in Ramsey NJ. the letter was received( I have proof of it and sent it to Alyssa, the club manager). i have called multiple times and complained about being charged for the membership in January, February, and March. i have never seen such unprofessional luck of reply. No return phone calls or emails. I have called the club last week and was told Alyssa, the manager is reviewing my case and will call me back shortly. She never did.i have fallowed the club policy and would like the club to do the same. I was contacted by Dan Smith| Senior Business Director. i explained again to him my frustration with the way the club handles my case. I have never heard from him again. i paid November and December fees as well as an annual charge. this club needs major management change.

Barbara Stanislawski

New York Sports Club [NYSC]Service

I received such unfair treatment at this location, i just wanted to try out the location and I am a paying customer at the Bronxdale location. I was told by the park avenue location to just get a three day pass and if my account was in good standing i should be able to attend. when i got there i was told unfortunately you can't do that me being a member, I'm like i was told by another location i can do that. I was giving an attitude and made wait for 20 mins for a manager. I was gonna embarrassed and didn't not feel like a valuable client. I just want to try this gym to see if i wanted to upgrade.

Feb 17, 2020

New York Sports Club [NYSC] — personal training

I agreed to a $280 payment for one month with the personal trainer Dan who was fired. and for the next month...

Feb 11, 2020

New York Sports Club [NYSC] — charged fees after I cancelled

Cancelled my membership at the NYSC, and yes I was told of the '45 day policy' where they can...

Woodmere
          Jan 07, 2020

New York Sports Club [NYSC] — nysc membership fraud

One of the sales people suggested I would try the gym for 10 days for ONLY $1, so I gave him my card to...

Dec 30, 2019

New York Sports Club [NYSC] — I didn't signed up for a gym membership

To whom it May concern, On our about, October 8, 2019, via phone, I had a phone conversation with, and an...

Dec 26, 2019

New York Sports Club [NYSC] — monthly membership

I have been trying to cancel my membership they say I have to go in person to do so but that is highly...

Dec 03, 2019

New York Sports Club [NYSC] — destruction of personal property

Sir/Madam, (member # 8833807) I am a fitness advocate and have a few gym memberships due to my work travel...

Nov 08, 2019

New York Sports Club [NYSC] — membership charges

Yesterday I signed my wife up for monthly membership over the phone. Was told first month payment will be $5...

Nov 06, 2019

New York Sports Club [NYSC] — contracts

I am a member at your club in Greenpoint and up until a few days ago was very content with the facilities and...

New York Sports Club [NYSC]membership

I had a membership for $50/month. They raised it to $70/month without telling me. I tried to cancel and an employee offered me a rate of $25/month and an Elite membership. I started going to Elite clubs and realized NYSC was charging me $20 per Elite club visit. I have been trying to cancel since July and the managers are actively ignoring me calls

Oct 28, 2019

New York Sports Club [NYSC] — cancellation issues

I am having hard time to close my account with this gym. you have appear in person in the gym and submit your...

New York Sports Club [NYSC]unauthorized credit card charges

I signed up for NYSC in July. I went to the Varick St. location with Anthony and was told that with my corporate membership I had access to all gyms. After that, I started going to the TMPL West Village location when it opened to see what it was like, and the 23rd and Park location, because those are closest to my work and apartment. I consistently signed in to each of those gyms and no one let me know that I was being charged for it, so when I saw the charges on my card at the end of that month - I immediately called the TMPL location to find out why.

I spoke to a woman there and explained the situation, she then told me that this was because the gyms charging were elite gyms and that I had no access. I told her I had no idea there was a difference in using any of the gyms because I was told upon sign up that I could use any gym, and offered to upgrade as long as these charges would be resolved. She then told me that they would credit my account the money that was wrongfully charged, and that from there on out I would be upgraded.

I didn't want a credit to my account, I wanted a refund, as this was money that was taken out of my bank account so it should have gone back, but I agreed hoping this was the end of the issue and then that I would not get charged the next two months because of that credit.

Unfortunately, the next month, this all happened again. I was charged for using these "Elite gyms" again each time and all of these charges have since been added up to over $250.

I called TMPL again, and this time a woman named Mallory said that none of the notes from my previous conversation were on my account and that if I wanted any credit or refund I had to talk to someone at the Varick St. location because they are the ones who signed me up and didn't give me all of the information. I said fine, that I would speak to them but that I wanted to make sure I was upgraded now so that this wouldn't happen again - she sent me an email saying I was now upgraded after I sent my proof of work.

After that, I was also then charged another sign up fee - after I already paid that back in July. The dollars continue to add up.

I call Varick Street multiple times and speak with Mario, and eventually make my way to the office to explain I need this resolved and I do not want a credit to my account at this point - over $250 has been taken out of my account that was not supposed to, I do not want to pay for these months of membership upfront with a "credit" especially because this "credit" was promised to me in the past already and nothing has actually been true, taken care of, or resolved. Mario explained that he requested a refund to corporate and that it was denied.

I have tried calling the number online for corporate and will continue to but this is by far the worst customer service I have ever received. Not from Mario - but from this company. These issues and the denial of refund after the agreement of all of these managers and workers at the club is absolutely absurd and I don't even want to be part of this gym when all of these issues continue to reoccur and be wrongfully ignored on NYSC's part.

I am entitled to a refund for all wrongful charges since July. That is each charge from TMPL, and 23rd and Park, along with the additional sign up fee for trying to upgrade and resolve this issue - which is consistently ignored.

Oct 08, 2019

New York Sports Club [NYSC] — billing

My account was charged $15. Decline fee twice and $20. For the use of a different gym. The card On the gym...

New York Sports Club [NYSC]membership fees applied months after cancellation

Hello,

I canceled my membership at Rego Park NYSC in late June/early July. I have since been charged the monthly fee for September and October. I was told by the manager that I would only get charged once more for the month of August. This.. after repeatedly trying to get a hold of him by calling and emailing with no response until I posted a complaint on this board.

This is so ridiculous. I am sick and tired of complaining the the manager at the Rego Park gym. It is a waste of my time and their time.

NYSC - please train your staff better. Process cancelations in a timely and effective matter. This is so unnecessary for your customers to be chasing you down for some stupid monthly fee months after they have gone to so much trouble to cancel in the first place.

Paula

membership fees applied months after cancellation

Sep 30, 2019

New York Sports Club [NYSC] — membership overcharge

My boss was on a 3 month production project and joined a local NYSC Deer Park Long Island on Jan 2019 and...

New York Sports Club [NYSC]management

I do not recommend any community members to utilize this facility. You will be disappointed and pay significant penalties in addition to your membership.

One example despite the out of service elevator, poor hygienic conditions, unmaintained showers, an insect ridden sauna- for months, I have been trying to speak to the manager to no avail. Multiple phone calls are met with responses such as, he's unavailable or is not in today. I wonder if this location is on autopilot. I have been charged for penalties for months when I requested removal of someone that is on my plan. Multiple messages have been left asking the manager to contact me has gone unanswered.

I am an Elected Official, and I am sternly warning you of their predatory practices in our already economical disfranchised neighborhood. I will explore this issue with my political colleagues. I'm in the process of holding a press release in front of 106 Street and 3 Avenue. Anyone who has a problem with this location can contact me via email at krodriquez.[protected]@gmail.com.
                KelmyRodriquez.com