ABC Financial Services Logo

ABC Financial Services

Having problems with ABC Financial Services?

+1 800 622 6290 (Main Line)
+1 800 551 9733 (Sales Inquiries)
+1 888 827 9262 (Gym Members, Customer Care)
+1 877 222 5767 (Gym Owners, Technical Support)
+1 866 420 8555 (Merchant Services)
+1 866 992 8960 (Key Tag Orders)
8320 Hwy 107
Sun7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Mail
PO Box 6800, North Little Rock, AR 72124

Complaints & Reviews

Resolved refusal to concel contract

My family, which includes my wife and son, had gold's gym membership which we cancelled as of april 2010. I sent a letter to abc financial on march 29 and requested termination of membership after a month, as stipulated in the contracts. They have continued to charge our credit card for my son's membership even though he moved away to college and I told them that. They demand proof of relocation and all the rest, as other complainers have said.
At the moment they have charged our credit card nearly $300 in unjustified charges. I am aiming to get that back by bringing pressure through a better business bureau complaints and consumer complaints lodged with the massachusetts and arkansas attorneys general. I suggest other folks with similar complaints use these avenues of pressure to bring a spot light on gold's gym shyster practices.
If anyone has other ideas of how to bring pressure on this company, please spell it out in this space.

• Bf
    B French Mar 09, 2011

We had the same problem, they made it extremely difficult to stop paymenys on our daughters membership. We ended up having to cancel the credit card.

Resolved liars

I joined Sports and Fitness gym in March 2010 in Charlotte, NC and I had to sign a contract with ABC Financial. Later on in June 2010 I had some personal issues and I was forced to move to Florida. I advised the company of my move and they advised me I would need to send some documentation in and a 30- day cancellation letter. I sent in my new Florida drivers license along with the cancellation letter on June 17th 2010. About three months later I got a call from ABC Financial stating that I owe them money for 3 months of nonpayment. I advised them that I sent in the proper documents to cancel my membership. The customer representative even stated he saw where I called in on June 16th 2010 to get the fax number and to inquire about what documents needed to be sent in, in order for a succesful cancellation of my membership. The representative then stated they never received any documentation from me and they are unable to cancel my membership. The representative advised me that they could not back track the acct and could only move foward in cancelling my membership. Which means I would have to pay the three months and send in new documentation to cancel my membership. They asked for a drivers license no older than 60-days but what I dont understand is if I present to you a license that is no older than 60- days and it is presently October and I have not payed since June that means I recently moved and did not actually move in June. HELLOOO!!! ??? doesnt make since to do that because then I have no proof of where i was at before those 60 days and why I didnt pay the company. And I refuse to go to the DMV and get another license issued because of an inside job mistake. The representative then asked me to find my fax confirmation from back in June and send it to him. I finally found it today after 2 weeks of looking I honestly did not even think I had it. Now its time to call them up fax it to them and see what excuse they have next to not cancel my membership. This company needs to get it together ASAP.!

Alex Mena Nov 08, 2010

Hello,

At ABC Financial Services we strive to give excellent customer service and to simplify any process for members and the clubs that they belong to. I regret to hear you have not been successful at cancelling your membership after you have relocated. Relocation provisions are placed in your agreement to prevent situations like these from happening and allowing you to terminate a service you are no longer able to use.

I would be happy to confirm that we have received the necessary documents to close your membership. Please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected] with additional specifics concerning your account.

Data Research Analyst

Resolved terminating a contract

I signed up with Anytime Fitness for a 2 year contract for their gym because at the time I was working graveyard shift. Well I no longer work graveyard and have been dealing with some hip problems and have not been able to exercise. I called to inquire about canceling, and they said it would be about $300 to terminate, unless I had a doctors note. So I went to the doctor on 9/22/10 and got a note and word for word it says: "patient has hip problems and can not exercise". I called ABC and told them I had a doctors note, and the guy on the phone asked me what the note said, I told him, and he said I could then do a medical buyout option of a $50 fee, and one months charge ($29.00), and told me to tax it in with attention to member services. I had to wait to 10/15/10 to fax it to make sure I had sufficient funds to cover the fees incase they would draft it soon. Several days later I called on 10/15 and they said they had not processed it yet, and to call back at the end of the week. I called today (10/21/10 @9am) and the guy said he was not sure what the $50 and $29 fee was, but because my doctors note does not say "disabled" I cannot terminate my contract or do the buyout for the $79. But he would go through the recorded phone calls on the dates I provided to listen to what this other guy had said about me being able to do this $79 and said he would call me back at the end of the day. I called back around 4:30 to find out if they had figured out anything and listened to my phone calls and what this other guy said, and now are standing firm to not letting me do this option of the medical buyout of $79, and want me to pay 50% of the remaining of my membership time. I will be calling again at some point to attempt to talk to a manager, but DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!

Alex Mena Oct 26, 2010

Hello,

ABC Financial Services is a third party billing services company and we are contracted to uphold the terms of an agreement between you and the health club you became a member of.

I would be happy to take a look at your membership with you to ensure you have received accurate information and to explore the avenues you may have to cancel your membership.

Please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected] or 1-800-622-6290 Ext. 1804.

unable to cancel membership

I can't believe all the complaints about ABC Financial. I thought it was just me. We should all do something about this...not only are they scam artists, but are FRAUDS!!

I had a gym membership cancellation request revoked several times because they claimed to never receive my faxes or mailings. I can't tell you how many phone calls and faxes I've sent over the past couple months. Each time, they claim to never receive anything. See, I moved out of state and per the memebrship clause, I was able to cancel due to relocation. Not a chance!!! They even stopped charging my credit card for one month to make it appear that I successfully cancelled, only to start charging my card again 2 months later. On top of everything else, they sent it to a collection agency.

It's surprising to me that this company is still allowed to do business and that there is no one out there to help the consumer.

Wish me luck everyone. I will continue to attempt to legitimately cancel my membership. Anyone been successful out there??????

Signed,
Still a CT gym member with a 1, 200 mile commute from TN

• Ca
    Carlton toppin Jul 21, 2008

I have been trying to cancel membership of golds gym. The account is managed by abc financial and after 5 calls and writing 2 letters u have been unable to cancel membership each customer service representative gives me a new reason and apologized for the previous but I still can get nowhere. I actually feel like I am held hostage.

• Da
    daniel Sep 17, 2008

I am on 3 months after I sent my letter of cancellation. I was working with a manager here in Culpeper, left him my proof that I sent my certified letter. Now the guy does not work there any more and I have to REsend a certified letter which means at least another month of dues taken out of my bank. I think the whole thing is scam and plan to put flyers out in my home town and blog until I am crazy. I hope this makes ABC loose money and Golds Gym to loose customers and warn those who are not caught up at this time to save themselves. $152 down the ABC drain.

Good luck!

• Wo
    workingman Jan 22, 2009

People who have had issues with ABC Financial,

1. Make sure you have not violated any of the terms of your signed agreement and have fully executed your duties as stated on the signed agreement. You should already be aware of the terms because you should have read them thoroughly before signing. Just because you don't want to keep going doesn't mean you don't have to keep paying for the entire term of your agreement. It's a legal agreement.

2. Close your bank account OR contact your bank/card company and deauthorize all future payments to ABC and the club you joined.

3. Fax a copy of the signed agreement and your valid proof of cancellation according to the terms of the signed agreement to ABC, your bank, the 3 major credit reporting agencies, BBB, and district attorney who has jurisdiction over your location. On the letter you send to ABC notate at the bottom that a copy is being sent to your lawyer. That will usually catch their attention.

4. Again, this is only valid if you have completely fulfilled your terms of the agreement. Not wanting to go to the gym anymore does not absolve your responsibility to pay.

Angus 04 Jul 02, 2010

My son joined Gold's Gym here in town. He told them he would be moving to another state to attend college and they assured us the membership was transferable. When he moved to SC he found that it was NOT transferable and he had to join the Gold's there. His contract stated that he could cancel if he moved more than 50 miles away. We submitted the required documentation several times to ABC Financial and each time they tell us there is something wrong with the documentation. I have been paying on a gym membership that nobody is using, they have refused to honor the out-clause in the contract, and they keep telling me that I have to send new documentation. Unbelievable.

Once again we sent verification showing his name on a lease in SC. They told us it was a bank document and not the lease and they wouldn't accept it and are now sending - again - a list of acceptable documentation for use in cancelling membership. I personally belong to another gym in town and have never, never had anything but above-board, honest dealings with them. I've been with them for years. Gold's Gym and their financial company ABC Financial, on the other hand, are non-responsive and continue to give us the run-around.

Alex Mena Jul 14, 2010

Hello,

I apologize if you feel you are getting the run around in order to discontinue service with Gold's Gym. ABC Financial Services, like any other company, makes mistakes - if you indeed sent in the proper relocation documentation as you state, I would be happy to re-troactively cancel your membership to the date of your request.

If you have further comments or require assitance please feel free to email me at [email protected] or call at 1-800-622-6290 Ext. 1804 and I would be happy to review your son's membership to ensure it was properly handled.

Alex Mena Oct 20, 2010

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you have not been successful at cancelling your membership through ABC Financial Services. The relocation clause in your agreement is in place to prevent situations like yours from occurring, however, if we do not have record of what you sent in then consiquently your cancellation was not processed.

I would be happy to assist you in this process - please contact me at [email protected] or fax directly to me at 501-992-0884.

Data Research Analyst

• Rs
    rsouza Feb 02, 2012

hi my name is Renata and I want to cancel my account because I lost my job this month and do not want to take more than money in my account on the next month member 100349

scam

I just found out today that abc financial has been billing me for over 5 yrs. I personally went into the gym...

unfair billing practices

ABC Financial has been auto deducting $58 from my checking account for the past 18 months for Anytime Fitne...

Resolved lying and stealing money!

Sue, the manager told me I was to only pay when I first signed up for the membership and for security card...

fraud

I joined GOLD'S GYM Buford, Georgia. Gold's management had me sign a contract that designated ABC Financial to debit the monthly fee from my account. The fee was reasonable so I agreed. Then, during my time at the gym, I would hear other members complaining about ABC Financial doing "double debits" and continuing to debit accounts after they were expired. ABC pulled the double debit on me while I was a member at Gold's. They hit my account twice in one month, hoping I wouldn't notice it. Not an unusual occurrence for them. Management was eventually able to credit my account back, but it took a while. My contract was coming up for expiration in April 2010. The fine print stated that I needed to notify Gym management in writing that I wanted my contract to "really" expire??? That meant, if I didn't give them a 30 day written notice that I really wanted my contract to expire, then ABC would continue to debit my account, even after my contract dates have expired. So, I did what the contract wanted. In fact, I went above and beyond because I knew from the other members complaints, I was going to have trouble.

Two months after my contract expired, I received a phone call from Mr. Tater, bill collector for ABC Financal. What Mr. Tater told me was that he was hired by ABC to be the debt enforcer and collect from me. Tater stated that the balance was $180 but he would be so kind as to offer me 10 percent discount if I paid for it right now. I explained to him that the contract was up in April of 2010 and that I followed contractual procedures to end the contract as it expired. Mr. Tater said, "Well, Since you didn't send in writing that you wanted to cancel (even though the contract expired) we've been charging your account for service, late fees, admin fees, month to month fees". Ok, even if my contract went month to month after that, then my balance should be $37.50 a month, times two months (expired contract time) for a total of $75. Not even close to the $180 Tater was trying to get me for. Mr. Tater said to me, "You didn't send in the correct documents and follow the proper procedure for cancelling you contract, so you owe us membership fees, admin fees, tater fees etc and that is $180". I explained to Tater that according to my contract I was only required to notify the Gym in writing that I did not wish to renew my contract and I did that plus sent in the certified letter and fax to ABC Financial. Tater said he has no record of it, (of course not!) He continued to insist that I pay the $180 they were trying to scam me out of. Mr. Tater would not even try and listen to the fact that I had already sent the required paperwork into ABC. Tater stated that he would place a negative mark on my credit since I was not willing to pay the balance.

This is deceptive, intimidating business practice and is indicative of extortion by demanding money that is not due and if it's not paid, giving a threat to scar a credit rating.

Alex Mena Aug 03, 2010

Mr. Ansbro,

ABC Financial Services reached out to you through several avenues to find a resolution for your issues, and even though we found neither Gold's Gym nor our company had record of your cancellation request, we retroactively cancelled your account and reached out to the collection agency your account was sent to due to none payment and asked that they close your membership.

Is there something else that we can do for you? I realize that you personally are not happy with our company, but there are hundreds of thousands of members, gym owners and employees that are.

ABC Financial will continue to do business for years to come as we are the most reliable and efficient in the industry and pride ourselves in the services we provide and the relationships we cultivate with both our employees and customers.

If you have any further comments or anything that I may assist you with, please feel free to contact me at 1-800-622-6290 Ext. 1804 or through email at [email protected]

Jazzy Janet Nov 29, 2010

I TOTALLY agree with the complainant, I just hung up from ABC Financial, with the exact same situation. If my contract is up, I fulfilled my obligation, why should you still benefit, from an expired contract. When I wanted to cancel, she said you have to be current to do so!!??? If I was current we wouldn't be having this conversation. THEN, shhe said we can "freeze" your acct for. $10.00 a month!!! Seriously??? I pull up ABC Financial and find Scam and Fraud right next to your name. I'm going to contact the attorney general, and see if something can be done, this IMO is deception!!! For the ABC rep above me, I would to know whom the "other"
    thousands of clients that really like/lovve you!!!

• Js
    Jstreck May 17, 2011

I too have been scammed by ABC Financial. Our gym recently closed, Golds Gym Roswell, without ANY notice to it's members. No e-mail, no phone call, no one said a word to us when we were at the gym a few days prior. We found out by walking up to the front doors with gym bag in hand, only to find a paper stuck to the door telling us they were closed for good. The note also said the Gold's Gym in Woodstock GA would honor all memberships. The Woodstock location is 25 miles from my home and clearly not an option. I called ABC financial to cancel my memberships and pay only a partial months payment (the gym closed on the 11th of May) and was told by 2 levels of managers that this was not possible because in our contract we are required to give them 30 days notice. I wasn't given 30 days notice from the gym that they were closing! If I had been given this notice, I would have canceled with the 30 days notice like a responsible member. Now I am being told that a possible 2 more payments will be debited and I cannot be helped by either party. I am furious over this thievery and deception on Golds Gym Roswell as well as ABC Financial's behalf. I have recorded all phone conversations with ABC Financial and plan on using them in court. How is a member supposed to cancel their membership 30 days out when the gym closed with no notice what so ever? I also plan on petitioning outside of the Woodstock location (Golds Gym) if they refuse to make this wrong a right.

-Jason

• Re
    Reina Almonte Mar 04, 2013

Same this is happening to me i cancelled back in 12/12. To date im still trying to cancel this stupid contract.

alice13 Jan 28, 2015

abc tryed to pull a fast one with me with a fee that when you go to anytime fitness they want you to pay $25 twice a year..they waited for a week extra to take out fee and then charged me for a late fee which made my checking acct to bounce..when i called they decided to give me the late fee back but not the fee from bank for over draft..sadly im stuck at anytime fitness until 11/18/2016..

Resolved canceling membership/ fees

Absolutely the worst companies I have ever dealt with - both work out world and abc financial. I moved out of...

billing - account issues

Me and my husband have been members since before this gym actually opened. We signed up together, still have...

Resolved fees

I moved to north carolina about 5 months ago. I noticed that I was still getting charged for my gold'...

cancelation/membership

I recently got a membership for me and my family at gold's gym in crowley, texas. We attended the...

Resolved rip off

Hello,

We would like to take the time to address any issues or concerns you might have regarding your membership. Abc financial services strives to provide the best customer service to our clients and the members of their clubs.

Should you have any further comments please feel free to contact me directly at [protected]@abcfinancial.com or [protected] ext. 1804.

Alex mena
Data research analyst

Resolved scammed!

Abc financial is horrible, do not go through them for anything!! Including gym memberships! I signed up for a no commitment membershp at work out world. I paid in cash every month 7 days before my payment was due. Abc financial took money out of my account after i had already paid in cash. I called them the day it happened, and they said they were rebating me right then and there. A week later i called back because i had not gotten rebated and the representative said they had 'forgot'. Since they were taking money out my account it caused me to go negative, which then ontop of the money they took i was getting charged 35. 00 over draft fees. I am now 258. 00 negative, and abc fiancial refuses to pay it, when it was thier fault. I even had the head of citizens write them a certified letter stating it was thier fault, with my bank statments, and they still told me they were not paying for it! They are junk!! Do not ever ever go through them. I know many many people who are having the same problem with them. They suck and i will be taking them to civil court for this!

Alex Mena Apr 21, 2010

It was dissapointing to hear that your experience with ABC Financial Services was anything other than satisfactory. ABC is a leader in our industry and it is simply unacceptable to hear that the neglect of someone within our organization caused you an inconvenience that resulted with fees incurring through your financial institution.

We are aware that each individual situation differs from the next, however, all consumer concerns are taken very seriously and we would like the opportunity to review your situation and thoroughly satisfy your needs.

Should you have additional comments you would care to discuss, please email [email protected]

• St
    Stephanie377 Sep 23, 2010

Wow...someone who works for ABC Financial stood up for their deceptive practices. What a shocker!! They are modern-day bandits. They rob unsuspecting consumers of their hard-earned cash. But, I am sure they sleep well at night, since they are able to hide behind their contracts which are printed in legal-ease.

Resolved unable to cancel membership at work out world gym

My gripe is not with Work Out World gym per se but with deceptive advertisement on the ultimate cost of membership, the customer's ability (more accurately "inability") to cancel membership, the lying salespeople who trick you into joining by saying "you can cancel anytime", and the fraudulent billing practices their billing company (ABC Financial) follows. I joined this gym several years ago and quit after a few months because I just didn't like the atmosphere at all. Well, ABC Financial has been taking out payments regardless that the contract has ended. I have written as per the fine line in the contract. I have spoken with people at ABC Financial by phone, I have gone in to the gym personally. It has been a great big circle of playing the blame game. End result is they are still taking money out of my account! I even received a call from a WOW representative who was trying to get me to extend my membership. I laughed in his face and told him no way. The joke was on me. I've been told the only way to prevent ABC Financial from taking money out is to close or change my account. This company and all the gyms that use them and knowingly take part in the circle of deception need to get hit with a class action suit!

Alex Mena Apr 21, 2010

We regret to hear that your experience with ABC Financial Services was anything BUT satisfactory.

Our ultimate goal is to provide the best customer service to both our clients and their members. It's a common practice for a membership to continue at the end of the original term - much like a cell phone agreement, the service is not discontinued at the end of the allotted time frame, but continues until the consumer is no longer in need of the service.

If your intent is to discontinue your workout relationship with WOW, ABC Financial would simply outline the requierments to discontinue your service. We pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service and would be happy to rectify any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post, however, should you have additional comments you would care to discuss, please email [email protected]

• Cz
    Czar2456 May 25, 2010

I received an email from an Allison from ABC asking for an additional fee. Well after heated discussions with ABC's shoddy customer service I sent the following email:

Allison,
    I am very dissatisfied with how your organization is scammingme $25. Yes, I consider this a scam! I went to WOW yesterday and they checked my records that I was up to date in payments and I will not have to make any more. All I had to do was sign the cancellation waiver and call ABC Financial to confirm. After speaking to the ABC representative she assured me all I had to do was respond to a email I was sent later that night stating I cancelled my membership with WOW andthere will be NO ADDITIONAL FEES!!! And I received your email asking for an addition $25. I called you company and after an hour ofheated discussion I looked on line and I have found the following link: http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/unable-to-cancel-membership-at-work-out-world-gym-c311879.html
    This person is in the same boat as I am. I was told the only cancellation fee I would have paid was if I cancelled my membership before the agreed upon 2 year agreement with WOW. I was a member for almost 4 years. Do the math. How am I still being charged? You people are scam artist no matter which way you slice it. You take good committed customers and spit into their faces. You say I will be welcomed at the gym until 6/30/10 well here is news for you the peple at WOW said I have 8 days left. Once again do the math. Your customer service is shoddy at best and no help what so ever. You ask what I want in return how about not charging me this ridiculous $25! I will not even be around to use this facility! I think you are a horrible company and yes believe me I will be spreading the word about avoiding you people. I better not see anymore additional charges on my statement at all after this. I have reported this incident to the Massachuetts Board of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulations in hopes they will place a warning to the people of Massachusetts to how you conduct buisness in our state.
    Best Regards.
    Mark

My hope is to spread the word to the public of Massachusetts and I hope the Massachusetts Board of Consumer Affairs can help. I am debating even calling the local news outlets.

• Dr
    dragao11 Jun 28, 2010

I had the same problem with ABC Financial, my membership had expired in February of 2010 and they still charged my credit card for the fee of $59.99 for me and my wife, i called and they said I needed to go to the WOW center and sign a contract resignation and they charged me again $59.99 for March, so I went to the Gym and sign the contract resignation and the manager wanted for us to keep the same benefits for $9.99 per month and I was so discussed with them that I said "no! please cancel my contract" and when I finalized the signing she said to me " OK Mr Farias I will call in to cancel" and shaken my hand like a professional person does. Thirty days after I got charged again for $59.99 for the membership, I called the WOW center and they said that it was out of their hands then they given me a new number to call, that's when the fun begun when the person on the other end said that my account was never canceled, I flipped and called the WOW center and could never talk to the manager. I called that special number again and someone else answer and said that my account still active till I wright a letter stating that I wanted to cancel my account, I wrote the letter and still need to pay for two months of membership $119.98 I asked the professional for him to check when was the last time I used the WOW center (November, 2009) and he said he couldn't get that info. and that they never got a letter so I wrote a second letter saying how much they owed me from overcharges and made sure that letter was registered so that someone needed to sign when received the letter now my charges are $89.98 for late fees because I canceled my credit card and reported fraud. ABC Financial is the worse company that I ever known for my entire life they are the BIGGEST RIPOFF I EVER SEEN. SHAME ON YOU ABC FINANCIAL

Alex Mena Jul 09, 2010

Most health clubs require that a 30 day written cancellation notice is given - this information is provided to when you sign up for the membership.

Like most businesses, if a payment is late or rejected by the financial institution, fees are assessed due to the delay in processing your payment.

I apologize if you feel this is a rip off - I would be happy to review your membership to ensure it was properly handled.

Please feel free to email me at [email protected] or call at 1-800-622-6290 Ext.1804.

• Os
    Osineye Olanrewaju Shue Nov 14, 2018

For over 3years i need use your service and i got charged every month. Now i got a need debt card my phone never stop ring from your office. CAN YOU PEOPLE STOP CALLING ME.. I WILL NOT CONTINUE TO PAY FOR SERVICE I DONT USE.

Resolved stealing money

I was a member with Anytime Fitness for 4 years. They took their money out of my bank account every month on time until Nov 2009. They did not take their money for Nov and when I called no one answered or returned my calls. In the Dec, ABC FINANCIAL decided to take 478 dollars out of my bank account. When I finally got a hold of them, then claimed that I owe them that much because of tanning thur out the year. Funny, I paid for unlimited tan. Right then and there, I told them to cancel my account there and That I would no longer go to Anytime fitness anymore. They messed up not me. They didnt even offer me a discount to cont. being a memeber there. So a couple months go by with no problems. Then like a week ago, I noticed that ABC went back into my account and took another 178 dollars. When I called again, then claim that I never canceled my account and that they will not give back my money. Didnt know companies could do this. NOw i dont know what to do. I am so mad

• Mi
    Migue Gonzalez Feb 16, 2010

They been charging me twice a month for my membership since june 2009 and evn charged me a late fee plus june and july after they charged twice those months...Here and anywhere we go thats stealing...I wonder if we can report this anywhere or put some charges on them..

Alex Mena Apr 22, 2010

We regret to hear that your experiences with ABC Financial Services were anything but satisfactory. All consumer concerns are taken very seriously and we would like the opportunity to review your situations and satisfy your needs.

Consumer Relations
    ABC Financial Services, INC.

• Gr
    grewterd May 25, 2010

Oh please Alex. Don't even start. I canceled my membership to Anytime Fitness BEFORE you were the billing company!!! Yet, you still charged my account. Then your uber-rude customer servicelessness person told me I had to give 30 days notice. No problem, I had done that already. She didn't listen and immediately threatened collections on me if I refused to pay. That's NOT customer service at all, now is it? hmmmm?

Here is what you do to [censor]ic companies like this. You go to your bank, file a dispute to the charge. Tell them you gave no permission and/or rescinded permission for the company to withdraw funds from your account. That's what I did. Next step, file a complaint with the BBB and your states attorney general's office. Document all phone calls, names, times, etc. Inform them that if they keep calling you, you will file a complaint with the FTC against them for violations of the FDCPA, which I am sure ABC has MUCH experience with.

Here's the nice part for me, 3 years later...THREE YEARS, I get a call because they want to update my billing information. I was a bit confused and told the lady that I had canceled the membership years ago and lived in a different state. Come to find out, somehow, without me even being in the state, being over 6 hours away, my membership card was used, you know, the one that I don't have any more, the one that the gym should have canceled? Ya, that one, was used in 2009, when I was not there!

You want to satisfy my needs Alex? NEVER call me again, one. Next, send a certified (since your company seems to like demanding certified letters as they ALWAYS miraculously loose those that are not) letter that has been notarized stating that I owe you and Anytime Fitness NOTHING!

Alex Mena May 28, 2010

I do realize that having to take care of something you had already before is in no way a pleasant thing to do. Most health clubs prefer a certified letter because this gives all parties involved tracking that this request took place.

Why your membership record was sent to ABC by APEX as an open account? I do not know. - However, documentation showing your account was closed through them would clear everything up.

I'd be happy to review your memberships with ATF and The Edge and send you the documentation you are requesting. Please feel free to contact me directly at 1-888-622-6290 Ext. 1804 or by email at [email protected]

Resolved horrible customer service

First off they have the worst customer service ever, that is, when you actually get a person on the line. You are on hold for at least 20 minutes before you can actually speak to someone. I have called several times where the whole place is closed down for "inclement weather". All I wanted to do was terminate my membership with my gym because I found another gym that was a lot cheaper. I was told I was still going to be charged for the full month membership even though my membership was on freeze while I was looking for another gym. I was no longer in contract with them, Iwas past my year contract so it was open-ended which I thought would make it easy to cancel, boy was I wrong. They are famous for being rude to you and telling you "it's in the contract, do you want me to read it to you?' They are so unprofessional and total scam artists. Now I am stuck paying for a gym that I canceled for b/c it takes 30 days to cancel and you need to send a letter certified mail. Why my phone call wasn't good enough for you?? And the fact I am past my 1 year contract??? Why do I need to stay somewhere I don't want to and get charged for it??TOTAL SCAM ARTISTS!!!

Alex Mena Apr 21, 2010

We regret to hear that your experience with ABC Financial Services has been anything other than satisfactory. We pride ourselves in giving exemplary customer service, in a Fast and Friendly fashion, to every customer we come in contact with. We are interested in the details of your experience, as "rude", "unprofessional", and "scam artists" are not adjetives we relate to our customer service staff.

Inclement weather is never a welcome occurence, especially when this comprismises taking care of a client's request in a timely manner. We apologize for any delay this may have caused in resolving your issue.

Resolved scam!!!

Last month I noticed on the 1st that my membership fees for the gym had not been taken out of my bank account yet like it normally is. On the 3rd I checked my account again and it showed that they took out 39.45 instead of 19.95. I called ABC Financial and they said they tried to take the membership fees out on the 1st and they was "insufficient funds" and thats why there was an extra 19.50 charged. I told them thats BS and that I had the money in on the 1st and even printed out my bank statement and faxed it to them. They told me it would take 3-5 buisness days to hear anything from them and they doubt the fees would get reversed. I called them after it had been 6 business days and they said the bank statement had to come from my bank, not me (which they never stated in the first phone call). Everytime I call I get some bs answer from them. Then this month comes around and they actually called me this time about not having any money in my account on the 1st. I told them there is money in there, the money is always in there and they said they are going to charge me another 19.50 anyways. After yelling at them that this is bs, they finally said as a "one time courtesy", they can give me 60% off the 19.50 charge, but there is a $5 processing fee for it. I called my bank after this and they said abc made no attempt on pulling the funds on the 1st of this or last month or the payment would have gone through. I called abc right away and they said they would fax me proof that they did and i should receive it within a few minutes. Never got it that day so i called first thing in the morning, they said it has to be approved by a manager to be sent and that can take 24-48 hrs but they saw that it was approved and that it had been sent. told them i never got it so they said they would resend it. Four days later, I still have not received it. PLEASE DONT GO THROUGH ABC FINANCIAL!!! THEY ARE FRAUDS!

• Cs
    cslsobha May 01, 2012

sorry reading this very late i am already one more victim of their unnecessary charges after my cancellation of the membership also

Resolved undisclosed fees

When the new gym came into town, I was excited to finally start my workout routine. When I signed up, as usual we signed the contract and when the second month dues came, ABC financial had added a service fee for $19.50 without explaining anything about the charge. When I called them, their answer was 'its a service charge, because we were not able to charge your credit card' they never contacted me to inform that. Nowhere in the contract it states any amount or percentage for any service charge. They claim that its their right to charge it, as needed, any amount without informing us. This is a total scam. Beware, when you sign up with Anytime Fitness, their association with ABC will screw you and you cant do anything about it, until the contract is over.

Alex Mena Apr 21, 2010

We are sorry to hear that your experience with ABC Financial Services has been anything other than satisfactory. We pride ourselves in providing each client and member with the best, and most Fast and Friendly, customer service.

Additional charges to ones' bill are never welcome, however, one must be aware that these charges occurr for a reason - any business recieving payment will assess some form of charge if the payment does not go through as scheduled. Each situation is different, however, we take all consumer concerns very seriously and would like the opportunity to rectify your situation.

Should you have additional comments please email [email protected] and we would be happy to address your concerns.

ABC Financial Services, Inc.

Resolved charging for membership to closed gym

There's an awful lot of complains about ABC Financial and I'm starting with the most recent posting to see if we can make some headway against their practices.

Here's the simple (and hopefully short) version of my story. The Cardio Club in Orlando, FL which I belonged to for 10 years, closed on Nov 11, 2009. I actually saw the owner in the parking lot at 5am that morning and he told me I would receive a letter in the mail giving me options for other gyms in the area including YMCA. I decided to check out the YMCA and compared to where I was a member for the last 10 years, it was unacceptable.

One key point is that in mid-Oct, the credit card that was charged for my gym membership called me and said there was a breach on my account (i.e. unauthorized charge attempt) and that they were canceling my card and sending me a new card in the mail. THANKFULLY, I didn't notify the gym with the new credit card number. The Oct gym membership payment went thru but when Nov charge was attempted, it was declined since the old card was canceled.

As mentioned, I saw the gym owner on Nov 11 and about a week later, I received a past due notice from ABC Financial asking for the Nov payment, late charge and service charge. I immediately called ABC Financial, spoke with Keisha and she told me that the gym had to contact them to cancel my membership. I called the number to the gym, received voice-mail instructions to send email to the (now former) manager, which I did.

I have emailed the former Cardio Club manager, ABC Financial and the Arkansas BBB numerous times telling them I will pay for the 10 days that the gym was open in Nov but since the gym broke the contract with me and not the other way around, the contract is null and void.

Each time ABC Financial calls to try and collect, they tell me my membership was transferred to YMCA. I didn't authorize the transfer so why should I pay? Seems to me like I have a legitimate complaint, right? As of today, ABC Financial has offered to waive late and service charges but they still think I owe them $87. Any insight would be helpful. Makes sense to me but not to ABC Financial.

John,

We are dissapointed to hear that your experience with ABC Financial Services was anything but satisfactory.
    We pride ourselves in the excellent, Fast and Friendly, customer service our company provides.

A gym location closing is almost always an incovenience to the member that is accustomed to a workout routine at the location they signed up with, however, ABC Financial Services would not continue to bill you had a comparable facility not been made available to you.

Though we understand the discomfort in switching to a new gym, no harm can be made by trying out the comparable facility and subsequently making an educated decision on whether to continue your workout relationship with the new club or not.

Should you have any additional comments you would like to discuss, please email [email protected] and we would be happy to address any concerns.

• Do
    doug418 Aug 14, 2010

I have had a similarly terrible experience with ABC financial and they're post here trying to "resolve" the issue is anything but acceptable. My gym, planet fitness, had changed ownership of several select locations. The company as a whole did not close but most of their locations in florida changed ownership and were now YouFit clubs. I had moved to michigan from florida and attempted to transfer my membership. I went to the gym in florida regularly and was not given any notice that they were planning a change in companies. There was probably a 2 week span between the last time I used my florida gym and the time I went to transfer to my new michigan club. I was told that I could not transfer because my home club in florida was now a YouFit and that I was obligated to continue paying dues to YouFit even though the contract I signed was for Planet Fitness even though I had already fullfilled my 1 year obligation. ABC financial would not offer any help stating that the Club has the right to change ownership and transfer contracts without any notification but I must give 30 days written notice if I wanted to cancel. Absolutely unacceptable! I signed a contract with one company and who is ABC financial to tell me who I must pay my dues to. Once the company closed down all contracts should be null and void. I have fullfilled my contractual obligation to PLANET FITNESS and never entered into any contract with YOUFIT. This is a SCAM all day!