ABC Financial Services / scam and cheating

United States Review updated:

My daughter and I have a gym membership and the payments go to ABC financial. Mine is taken out through my credit card, I pay my daughter's with a check. I am receiving letters the last two months that I have not paid August's, and September's dues. They state in letter that it is a collection letter. I sent a copy of my August check and now they say my Sept and Oct amount is overdue and I have sent them. I am getting very upset over this and will call them again I did talk to them before.

I do plan on canceling my membership, both of ours due to this issue. I am also going to let the gym know the problems. They are dealing with a very unscrupulous company. I would advise no one to sign a contract if they know ABC is involved. I am just hoping to get this matter settled.
Su

Comments

Pa
  22nd of Mar, 2012
I advise you to get everything in writing, send certifed letters, and don't trust a word they tell you on the phone. They will lie about not receiving cancellation notice, and continue to charge you month after month. File complaints with the BBB, state attorney general's consumer affairs division, or contact an attorney. This company has very deceptive business practices.
He
  29th of Mar, 2012
I totally agree. The BBB they do not care about! It is most important to contact the state attorney general, it is easy to do just go to their web site and fill out a form. They say that gym memberships are their biggest complaint.

ABC Financial Services Logo ABC Financial Services