Aaron's Sales And Lease Ownership / rude treatment!

I feel that AAron's has been very evasive and non-cooperative and the worst thing was that I have been treated rudely. I am 18 years old and this is one of the first purchases I have made and I am very discouraged about the sales department at our local Aaron's store. I had to return my P.C. and it has been gone for repair for over a month and a half. I regret dealing with Aaron's and I am dissaloushioned about the purchasing procedure all together.

• Luis Adrian Diaz's Response, Aug 29, 2018

The manager Michael think he own the store and want sale who ever he’s likes they should remove him

• Bubbalicious's Response, Aug 30, 2018

I wNt this resolved and calls stopped

• Sequence Gentry's Response, Sep 14, 2018

There is someone named Lucas Currie selling drugs out of the store and getting discounts on furniture/ erasing what people owe because he is close with the manager of the Galesburg store

• Judi Ann's Response, Sep 15, 2018

*is

• Michael Beumer's Response, Sep 30, 2018

I have tried to get Aaron's to come and get the laptop computer I am renting to own from them I have been harassed by the store in McMinnville Tennessee and after I have told them to come and pick it up they still call me and harass me I would like something done about this

Va

Comments

• Me
      8th of Jan, 2007

I totally agree with you!! I have also been a model customer to them and I have also been treated very badly! These people are VERY rude! They even threatened to come and pick up my furniture for NOTHING!! Absolutely NOTHING!! The store that I dealt with is the Conway, South Carolina store. This is a new store and they really need to get a new GM and some new employees. They told me that the customer is NOT always right and I don't feel that this is good business! All I wanted was to get a new couch!! DO NOT SHOP HERE!!

• Tt
      17th of Apr, 2018

@Melanie Nelms Wow, is this the Mill Plain location.??

8th of Jan, 2007

I bought merchandise from the rocky mount store and they are really rude to me when i just was a few days late on my payment they said if i didn't come on in the payment they was going to come and pick up my merchandise, month after month they put late charges on my stuff when it was on 1 day late and then told me in 2 more days i would lose all the money on the item if i didn't pay for it and then they added more to the loan than i got i got a tv for 2200 and paid 5300 for the tv i think they ripped me off

15th of Jan, 2007

I have been a customer of Aarons for about 2 years now, and I have paid out several accounts. I have experienced very unprofessional behavior within the last year. I have been through 3 managers and 3 sets of employees due to the large turnover of management. Here are just a few if the problems that i have had.

1. Sent merchandise for repair and never receiving it back

2. Bought brand new computer which was missing quite a few accessories, I currently still dont have the accessories, it has been 2 months now.

3. I was promised a remote for a stereo system I bought, and have not received it as of today, It has been 4 months now.

4. I purchased a bed that was put on cinder blocks by Aarons service personnel. I slept on cinder blocks for a month and a half.

5. almost all in home repairs were accomplished with my tools, they never have their own tools

6. They constantly lie about what they are going to do

These are just a few of the problems that I am having.

The store location is 613 East Broad Avenue
    Rockingham, NC 28379

• Tt
      17th of Apr, 2018

@Anita Maria Hunter This is for the Mill Plain off of 164th location.. They say, 5 weeks free.. I am taking that before making my next payment. I am not their calls and waiting for their next step. I am not going to be out of money, thousand of dollars... BBC

8th of May, 2007

I totally agree with all of the complaints that I have read about Aarons Sales and Lease. I have been almost 1 month late, it will be 1 month next week and they have called my mom, dad, brother, my job everyone that I put on my references list. But to make it worse they weren't just calling my job the were calling my supervisor, how embarrassing is that! I had to tell my supervisor to tell them to stop calling my place of employment, which she did! But why would they call my supervisor when they have my direct work # which will connect them to me. Anyhow they have shown up to my house about 4 times already. Off course I didn't answer the door. I am just about 1 month late and all this for $210.00! I have never dealt with a company like this before! This is ridiculous. My moms gotten into an argument with them because they keep calling her house leaving messages for me saying that I must call them ASAP! I will call them when I am ready to make my payment. I can see if I was 4 or 5 months behind but 1 month, give me a break. This is how I feel, I think that Aarons Sales and Lease must not be as large a company as they would like people to think, anytime they notice 1 customer is 1 month late. I have been several months late on other bills and the company didn't harrass me and call everyone in my family looking for me and sent letters just as much as Aarons has done. They are not a big money making company. I have dealt with Rent a Center in the past and the two do not compare. I wish I would have know that Aarons was so harassing, I should have looked up complaints for them online, but it's a little to late to do that now! I will never purchase anything from them ever again!

This store is located in Pennsauken, NJ. Do not purchase anything from this store, you will regret it!

• Ro
      11th of May, 2007

Aaron's in Buford, GA sold me a used bed as new, they replaced it with another used bed... Now they claim they've given me 3 "new" beds already and can't do anymore...

They will not call me to set up an appointment until I do not make the payment... Once I miss my deadline they call me, I tell them to come and see the bed to get paid, so they send someone. After they promise me to get me another bed, I pay, but they leave and never hear from them again until next payment.

I will never go to them again. They suck!

• Bi
      8th of Jul, 2007

You signed a lease agreement which if you read because 99% of the customer do not you will see that a lat fee is posted on payment after 4 days late. you agreed to the payment date and terms when you signed. Its not aarons fault you cant pay on time. The reason your references get called is because you wont answer your door/phone/or call and talk to the cam office so they can work with you.

• El
      13th of Sep, 2007

Well.....
    My son is 20 years old. He put his account on an automatic debit so that the Aaron's can get their money in a timely fashion.... Did they do it? No. Aaron's debited his account approx 1 week after the fact causing his account to go into a -negative due to other bills coming in on that week. Why did it go into negative? Your thought is probably, b/c there was not enough $$$, not so, they debit his account 3 times in the same day freezing his account, why did they do that? who knows. Maybe they were not trained on the proper usage of the CC machine or maybe they were trying to be greedy. since this has happened. They have called everyone of his references (stating to those references that they were looking for him to offer him job..no way..) including me (mom) except for directly calling him. Now, they leave me a message unaware that not only do I know his legal rights as a consumer in our state but that I am also a Registered Debt collector myself. And they thought they were dealing with some uneducated fool that was easily intimidated. The GM is unprofessional, lacks etiquette and interpersonal skills. How he got the position, the district must have been desperate to fill this position or he lied on his resume. What's new these days in sales. Now once I terminate the call with him b/c he begins screaming at me, I call back and speak to another sales associate, what his position was/is I did not ask and at that point I did not care. Ask him for the Corporate # refused to give it to me he would only give the Reginel Managers #. Did not want that either. I had to call a different store in a totally different area to get the #. Well.. like I told that particular associate, they were better off dealing with him instead of me, now they have me.. and they are stuck with it. I will list that # shortly. Now, there is one thing that alot of folks do not understand about hard sales/collection techniques.. that is exactly what it is.. it is meant to intimidate and humiliate. There are Federal laws that prohibit such techniques. Educate yourselves on Debt collection laws in your state. b/c once you do that their is not much that can be said to you the consumer that would make you feel that dread in answering that phone call or that door knock. Now, bear in mind you signed it...you owe it.. or give it back... if you want it and are having troubles then make satisfactory arrangements to make that payment.

For you so called GM's our there.. alot of courtesy goes along way.. I have been in customer service and collections for over 20 years and have learned that if you treat people with respect you get it back.. hummmm. something that was taught at home.. or maybe not.. good ole' fashion common sense.. not everyone you sign is intimidated or fearful of scary, loud, rude or unprofessional manners.. in fact it can work against you, especially in a court of law

• La
      22nd of Sep, 2007

I agrre with the complaints and the florida ave store in tampa has very POOR customer service skills and I asked for my account to be transfered to another store and SCOTT was very rude about the matter. I had also brought to his attention that I did not like Josh customer servive and it did do any good I also talked with another general manager and all he said was your acount being paid on time and I said that has nothing to do with customer service. In the near future I do not have any plans on purchasing anything from this company because they are very rude and they dont meet the needs of the customer at all. I hope there will be other rental companies out thier in the near future who will put thier customers FIRST.

• Dw
      30th of Sep, 2007

I was a customer of aarons for three years, i leased and payed off a fridge, stove, and a computer. Their custome service has gotten steadly worse over the years. and they do harass you over the payments. Your one day late and they call its a matter of policy for them to be rude and treat their customers like crap. They will never, never get my business ever again. I am turned off to their company for good. LIke Amsouth bank which is another company I will just not only stay away from them. I will never recomend them. Get a credit card its cheaper than what arraons charge. or go to a thrift store get some cheap furniture from there or walmart until you can afford nicer stuff. the furnifture and merichandise from aarons is pretty cheap anyway so they can make the maximum amount of profits. sometimes throwing a fit and calling the district manager and corp office works for you, but i only do it for companys i like and want to do business with. there are other fish in the sea stay away. maybe when this affects their bottem line they will take notice and put forth a message to their employees that treating customers like crap is not good busniess. the smart ones with money leave. that just leaves the deadbeats.

• Kr
      7th of Nov, 2007

I completely agree. Aaron's is a terrible chain and they will never last. I recently worked for my local Aaron's store and learned a lot of very useful information. After buying over PrimeTime, Aaron's added about $300 average to many of the previous PrimeTime customer's accounts. Not only have they done this, but they act like it is now big deal and treated every customer that has complained about this like they do not exist. I've even seen customers come in with PrimeTime receipts showing their previous balance being hundreds of dollars less. It is absolutely insane. I recently left Aaron's, and was planning on receiving my final paycheck that Friday. It is now a week later and they still have not given me my last check and I've been calling there every day for a week. Aaron's is nothing but an unorganized, unfair place to work or purchase merchandise.

• Ki
      22nd of Nov, 2007

Call the payroll department repeatedly. If no respond file a compliant with your local employment office and apply for unemployment.

Also, if you have seen any unequal opportunity with in your company call your local EEOC department, since you have not been gone over 180 days. Please, inform other employees in your area and branch out to other areas of their conduct.

• Ri
      29th of Nov, 2007

Aarons is a numbers business. It's amazing seeing some of these posts you folks put on here. And I'll bet ya half of you still lease from Aarons. And yes if you are 30 days late with aarons, you will get phone calls and u will get someone at your door and your job and wherever else we can find you. So for the folks that think they know the fair debt and collection act, you don't really have a clue. Most of it does not apply to no credit check stores. We are a 1st party collection group. There are no 3rd party collection laws to protect you. So just pay on or before your due date.. and all problems are solved. And for the comment for the anonymous user... this quote cracks me up... "I can see if I was 4 or 5 months behind but 1 month, give me a break. This is how I feel, I think that Aarons Sales and Lease must not be as large a company as they would like people to think, anytime they notice 1 customer is 1 month late. I have been several months late on other bills and the company didn't harass me and call everyone in my family looking for me and sent letters just as much as Aarons has done." ... You people are great!!!

• Un
      11th of Dec, 2007

I COMPLETLEY agree with almost eveyone on here. DO NOT RENT TO OWN FROM THIS PLACE, they are VERY unprofessional!! They will call your Mother, father, sister, cousin, brother, and bestfriend, not to mention your job and this is BEFORE your payment is even due!! This Arrons is in Stroudsburg, PA and is UNPROFESSIONAL and their gm is RUDE and stalks you...

• Do
      31st of Dec, 2007

I bought a USED/REPOSSED laptop from AAron's in Bloomington Illinois, these are the rudest people ever, I have mad all of my payments, but like some of you they do not care about that. then to top it off I go in to make my payment and one person tells me it's only $24, I knew it was more so I mad my usual payment,then i get a phone call saying I missed a payment and now owe double, and am expected to pay or return the laptop. and on top of that, I have had the computer for 9 months, and they tell me or try tell me that I still owe over $1000 on it, who is crazy enough to pay over $2000 for a used laptop, I am
    so,so sorry I even went to Aaron's. THEY ARE A TOTAL RIPOFF, AND HAVE NO CUSTOMER CARE,Someone should tell Aaron's that just because you can't afford to outright buy something, does not mean that you can be treated with disrespect and rudeness. What a horrible company

• Ca
      10th of Jan, 2008

I have been with Aaron's for over four years-I have purchased via their leasing plan: washers, dryers, a tv, a vcr. In December, 2006 I purchased a lap top computer for my daugther, the problems started when I had a stroke July 16, 2007 and could not return to work due to my health. I thought the District Manager, Mr. Melson of the Hampton, VA store, could help me by reducing my payments--this was in November when I spoke to him. I was hoping he would work something out so that instead of struggling thru to February 2008 to make payments I could no longer afford, that he could lessen the payments and give me until the Spring of 2008 to pay the computer off. Instead he did a whole new contract and with the new figures, I now have another year to pay the lap top off. I've had the computer now for one entire year as of December, 2007. The pay off amount is $554.64...I just don't have it. I've been trying to contact a head person I can speak with who will allow me to pay half of the pay off amount. I rely on my family to help me financially--I am still waiting on assistance and have been since my stroke last year. I was told by other employees of Aaron's not to expect anyone to lower payments for me and that
    it's just too bad about my stroke. I've been loyal to Aaron's and feel as though they could care less about my situation. Had I known I was going to have a stroke I certainly would not have gone through with the lease. I thought at one time to turn it back in to them, but the computer has helped my daughter with school reports and projects; this was the reason I originally leased the computer in the first place. Giving it back would be a hardship since she would need me to take her to and from the Library. I have made call after call trying to call head people, like Ken Butler, who I was told was the President of Aaron's and Mike Pokorny, another head person, only to be told by their secretary/assistant not to expect a call from them. It's nice to know that Aaron's has helped children by donating computers to charity(per Aaron's web site)...how about helping your customers when they are in need (I'm not talking about getting anything free but just getting a little help when it's needed). Aaron's...Charity Begins At Home!

• Ta
      11th of Jan, 2008

I say everyone boycott Aaron's!! Lets's start a blog or any other form of communication to get the word out! Let's hit him where it hurts; in the pocket!

Lets face it people, this company is not in business because they saw a need to help an economically struggling segment of the population. What they saw was an oppurtunity to make money off those that are in need. Because lets face it, if we had the money we wouldn't buy their crappy furniture any way, and they know it. Some caliber of people will mistreat you when they know that they are your only way out.

I had a bad experience at the Lawrenceville, GA location. The manager, Ron White is an A**. Our full order was never delivered correctly even after calling about it. All they want is your money and once you sign on the dotted on line, and your items delivered (even if incorrect), they are on to their next prey. They don't care about you anymore. Their business is about quantity not quality. However, they do expect you to keep your end of the deal; the nerve!

• Aa
      20th of Jan, 2008

Honestly I can't wait to get my 65 inch tv next week from Aaron's. It seems like all you have to do is pay on time and they will never contact you. And that's all I want.

23rd of Jan, 2008

The reason Aaron's asks for references is for if you don't pay them or answer there calls they call them up to get the payment. I keep getting automated calls from them all the time. I get payed on the 3rd and they want payment on the first and I've told them that and they still bug me. The computer I'm renting from them keeps crashing. I'm always getting "not responding". At least I only owe 2.5 months left. Then I'll look for a computer from the store. I'm not gonna buy from a rent to own place again. There a rip off. Aaron's doesn't even have there own repair shop for the things they sell. They have to send them to the company and it takes forever to get anything back. I have a 32" HDTV and they had my TV for about 4 months. I don't even thing they did anything to it. They just left it sitting in there back room. The TV screen just needed to be cleaned. After I said I had engraved my name on the back of the TV they finally gave me back my TV. Before that they gave me loaner and the loaner was worse then mine.

• Ga
      26th of Jan, 2008

i bought my tv from the morganton, nc store and had problems from the jump. they sent me a preowned tv and had problems with it immediately. called aarons and asked why i got a used tv when the commercial said it would be new. after i guess they got tired of my complaining they brought me a new one (which worked to my advantage in the end) after i paid the tv off the week later it tore up. i called aarons and they acted like i was lying or didn't know how to use my tv after 2 yrs. they came to my house, took my tv, didn't leave me a loaner, and had it for 2 months. when they returned it, it was worse than it was before. they took it back and had it for almost 3 months. i finally got it back but if i wouldn't have called and [censor]ed about having a new one in the first place i would have been S.O.L

• Bi
      29th of Jan, 2008

I have worked for Aaron's for 6 months before seeing the light. We were a corporate store before being bought out by a franchise. Hard to believe but the corporate response to issues was much better. The franchisee is 100% concerned with the bottom line. Employees can be gone in an instant if not doing the "dirty" work of harrassing the crap out of people, even those not due until that day are being called, as a reminder. Service issues are a joke. They couldn't care less. Just get the payment. Used crap sold as new, remotes never delivered with product (then make the customer come in to get one-only after the customer had called 5 times complaining about the issue. The customer is now classified as a "###" or a pain in the rear. Phoney baloney is what these people are. Remember the term "snake oil salesman" thats these folks. Do whatever you can to stay away from this company as they will bleed you dry and then complain when you have an issue. UNBELIEVABL!!!!!! Bill in Miane